• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins: Virginia Tech at Ohio State

Who wins?

• Total voters

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game could make Beamer strongly consider retirement

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Brewer is going to pimp slap that weak ass defense

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Brewer is going to pimp slap that weak ass defense

What did yall think of Brewer, shitbrick? He has been very impressive so far in his short time here. He handles the media very well, is well spoken, and seems to be uber confident. He seems to be average physically, but very impressive between the ears.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a huge recruiting weekend for tOSU. Of course King James will be in attendance. The Buckeyes I believe will leave a very good impression for the future recruits. Btw, very happy that Bell is starting ahead of Burrows now. I feel very relaxed about the secondary moreso now than I did prior. Secondly, the Buckeyes DL is going to be a continuous nightmare for the Hokies OL. Unless they have Micheal/ Marcus Vick behind center, it may be a rough night for the QB. My opinion here is that I think the depth of tOSU will be the deciding factor on the outcome of this game. I'll say 23-17 Buckeyes.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a huge recruiting weekend for tOSU. Of course King James will be in attendance. The Buckeyes I believe will leave a very good impression for the future recruits.

Lol @ Urban needing to invite all of the VA recruits + Lebron to the game in order to try to sway them.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ Urban needing to invite all of the VA recruits + Lebron to the game in order to try to sway them.

positive side to that, any recruits that are considering both schools, if we come in there and beat OSU, could go a long way in pushing them our way

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm saying why not. Never said I was sure. Although you are making a statement saying it isn't even in the playbook. Do you know Tom Herman..? If so you might want to mention that his option read looked like shit last week.

It just doesn't make sense to keep the same playbook we had with Braxton. I'm sure we will see most of the plays you mentioned which is problematic to me because Bud will be looking for this. Maybe they will open the playbook up, but I'm not seeing it with VT.

BTW. I don't believe the line is as bad as many including ESPN is saying.

The line was tOSU -12 earlier. I'm hopeful for a win, but that seems like quite a stretch.

You can't just scrap playbooks. Its the system that they have been practicing all year long. Since Urban came to town I have rarely if ever seen them take a snap from under center, even at the goal line. I-Formation simply isn't a part of the playbook anymore. In fact, I can't recall the last time I saw Ohio State with 2 backs in the backfield either. Everything is 1 back now and the QB.

Just my opinion, but Barrett needs to keep the ball a few times on the read option. He handed it off just about every time last week and it became really predictable for the D to key on the RB and ignore him.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't that game make the most sense to bring VA recruits in for? Doubt a game vs a random B1G school or the other OOC matchups would resonate as much with them.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL at not having the best Athlete in the world on your side to help sway recruits.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line was tOSU -12 earlier. I'm hopeful for a win, but that seems like quite a stretch.

You can't just scrap playbooks. Its the system that they have been practicing all year long. Since Urban came to town I have rarely if ever seen them take a snap from under center, even at the goal line. I-Formation simply isn't a part of the playbook anymore. In fact, I can't recall the last time I saw Ohio State with 2 backs in the backfield either. Everything is 1 back now and the QB.

Just my opinion, but Barrett needs to keep the ball a few times on the read option. He handed it off just about every time last week and it became really predictable for the D to key on the RB and ignore him.

We still run some pistol formations here and there I believe, rather than the I. Braxton and Guiton would get under center as well, but I don't recall if Barrett ever did vs Navy though. Probably going to keep him in the shotgun so he can read defenses better.

I noticed Barrett didn't make the correct reads on the read option either. Several times got stuffed when he could have made some yards on the play if he'd kept it.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at not having the best Athlete in the world on your side to help sway recruits.

What connection does Lebron have with OSU again? He's a proven recruiter?

Sell your product. Not Hollywood.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Explain to me what it hurts to have him on the Buckeye's side?

You can LOL all you want at Urban using him. It can only help the buckeyes.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can be rest assured that tOSU is at the top of the mountain in being able to sell its Product assuming you mean product being Accomplishments, Tradition, and Facilities.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be rest assured that tOSU is at the top of the mountain in being able to sell its Product assuming you mean product being Accomplishments, Tradition, seedy coaching staff, and Facilities.

:suds:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot If having LeBron decked out in Nike fear at a Duck game can help Oregon recruiting it would only be magnified having him at ohio

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only connection LeBron has w/ Ohio State is that he's from the state of Ohio. But does it really hurt to have the best basketball player on the planet on the sideline to possibly sway a top recruit to pick the Buckeyes over someone else?