• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins: Virginia Tech at Ohio State

Who wins?

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about the "no problem". darn good Defense coming to Columbus and an O that looked good compared to the last couple of years last week. You did see us play Bama tough last year.. big games are nothing new for us. I think you replaced most of your OL, could be an issue. And Bud Foster against a very inexperienced QB....could be an issue

Not only was most of the O line replaced but once Miller was lost for the year the Buckeyes only have 11% of their offense back from 2013. That was said during last weeks game. Although I think the Hokies/Buckeyes game this weekend will be a good one.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically most of VT's offense will be playing their first collegiate game.

Barrett just needs to take care of the ball and be patient, we have too many weapons on offense to lose this game.

If your call is that VT is inexperienced, who are your weapons on offense that are so experienced? It's not your QB, you don't have Carlos Hyde at RB anymore, and it's not your OL. If it's your WRs, I'll take VTs chances all day, as our defensive backfield might be the best in the country.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about the "no problem". darn good Defense coming to Columbus and an O that looked good compared to the last couple of years last week. You did see us play Bama tough last year.. big games are nothing new for us. I think you replaced most of your OL, could be an issue. And Bud Foster against a very inexperienced QB....could be an issue

welcome to the hoop fordist

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This win would be huge for VT.

If they win it a clear #2 in ACC early on?

Shake up the cfb landscape with an ohio loss?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would definitely make them the clear #2 in the ACC and my guess is it would put them on the edge of the top 15. A good spot to make a run from.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Ohio State look like blind mice on the field against Navy it looks like VT is the clear choice.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be, but our team is still very young, and looking at the recent history of VT, we seem to lose games we shouldn't. I am a bit worried about the @UNC, @PITT, Miami stretch. I'd hate to beat OSU and then dump one of those.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think this game should be really close. OSU ran for 5 yards per vs Navy. That is pretty pedestrian vs a Navy defense, which is almost always undersized. Finished 80th in rush defense last year. That probably a reflection of a new OL. They are going to step in competition this week. OSU had a couple big plays out of the passing game, most notably an 80 yard strike. VT is very strong in the secondary, I doubt they get caught sleeping. I dont see OSU scoring a lot in this game. Very well could be decided by field position and special teams

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be, but our team is still very young, and looking at the recent history of VT, we seem to lose games we shouldn't. I am a bit worried about the @UNC, @PITT, Miami stretch. I'd hate to beat OSU and then dump one of those.

Shit. You beat tOSU, you better beat those teams. I wouldn't pick against VT in any of those matchups if they make this win happen.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad VT didn't lose to William and Mary again.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks in the I-formation most of the night. They wear down VT in a snoozer. Most noticeable stats about the game will be big hits and the amount of ejections.

I'm not sure I've seen Ohio State run the I-formation in 2 years. :scratch:

My guess is that there will be a lot of read options and the majority of those will get stuffed at the line, especially early. Barrett just isn't the dynamic threat that Braxton was. Gonna have to hope for some good defensive and special teams play to get the offense into good position. Barrett is a decent passer if he has time, but the O-Line barely gave him time vs Navy so I'm not expecting VT's defensive line to be any easier to block.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your call is that VT is inexperienced, who are your weapons on offense that are so experienced? It's not your QB, you don't have Carlos Hyde at RB anymore, and it's not your OL. If it's your WRs, I'll take VTs chances all day, as our defensive backfield might be the best in the country.

We have elite athletes on offense and we definitely have more experience than VT's offense. They have virtually no experience. Our receiving core all has played. We have two Percy type of athletes in Wilson and Marshall. Our RB position is so deep. The key is tiring out that solid VTech defense and keeping them on the field. I don't know how good y'all's QB and RB is but they better get ready for a solid D-line. And OSU is missing their best player on the d-line, Noah Spence too.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate both teams (went to school in VA, and couldn't stand VaTech), but I think OSU is going to smack down VT pretty good.

OSU 34 VT 13

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A side from Wamu and Shane, the jimmies seem rustled.

da ohio state calls plenty of their stuff "Ohio" and then fans get huffy when somebody trollingly calls them ohio? Butthurt and angry is no way to go through life man. It validates Hoke's entire premise, it's to bother you all.

The hell if I let some second rate coach rustle my jimmies. I guess this is one of the few things he did right.

I personally have never played a game @ The Shoe

I have never performed Script Ohio

Hey...who you calling "you people"?:pound:

And they are not "my students"

Other than that I agree w/ everything you said.:nod:

Eh I assumed some of you nuts were grads, substitute you/r for da ohio state alums or the institution itself.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A side from Wamu and Shane, the jimmies seem rustled.

da ohio state calls plenty of their stuff "Ohio" and then fans get huffy when somebody trollingly calls them ohio? Butthurt and angry is no way to go through life man. It validates Hoke's entire premise, it's to bother you all.

The hell if I let some second rate coach rustle my jimmies. I guess this is one of the few things he did right.

Eh I assumed some of you nuts were grads, substitute you/r for da ohio state alums or the institution itself.

I try to look at it like it is. Does VT have anyone with experience or that is a threat on offense. It might be worse than it has been in the past and they had Thomas at least. Now their defense is always stout, they will need lights out D and special teams to step up.