• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins: Virginia Tech at Ohio State

Who wins?

• Total voters

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will. I think VT dominates OSU 's OL. I have not seen the lines, but thinking the under is the call. Assuming VT is its normal solid self on defense and it's normal cluster fuck on offense

We can't tell much because everything was kept under wraps during camp and the only opponent has been a D2 school, but they honestly looked a lot better on offense. The new Texas Tech transfer Michael Brewer looked competent. They also ran a decent amount of hurry up. I think VT finally has some good skill guys to go with some decent QB play. But still, like every year, the main question mark is still on the Oline. A bad Oline can void any amount of talent on offense that you have put together and Ohio State has a very good Dline.

VT's Dline is undersized this year but has some serious "get in the backfield" skills. If a large competent lineman gets their hands on one, it could be a problem. VT's secondary is definitely the strength of the entire team.....like always. Kyle Fuller's younger brother Kendall will almost definitely be a 1st rounder in 2 years if he stays healthy. The other CB spot is manned by a rangy guy named Brandon Facyson that led the country in interceptions at about the mid-season point last year as a true freshman. Both safeties are seniors and have good ball skills. Jarrett is probably a mid-rounder in the draft (mostly because he is short) and was named to a preseason list of the biggest hitters by NFL.com.

All in all, like i said earlier, there is some interesting matchups across the board in this game.

Pro OSU
OSU Dline vs VT Oline
OSU Oline size advantage on VT Dline

Pro VT
VT secondary vs new OSU QB
VT new WR/QB vs OSU secondary

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT also has some really good TEs this year that should be a definite weapon in the passing game. Freshman Bucky Hodges is basically what I believe Logan Thomas would have looked like had he played TE. 6'6, big, fast for his size, and seems to have some really good ball skills. We are all hoping he becomes a true mismatch for anyone trying to cover him.....and he has that potential.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His father is 140lbs and his mother is 70lbs. He comes from a rather large family, has huge feet, a huge head, and is already extremely tall for being 6 months. Even his vet is saying he is going to be above average. Wife took him to a party with the rest of the pups from his litter. He is by far the biggest one of them all. But to each their own.

i skipped to the last page of the thread and started reading this thinking you were talking about a kid...had me scratching my head

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pleasantly surprised by the team's showing against Navy. Offense looked terrible to start, but they started getting things going there towards the end. The defense played pretty well with the exception of the 3rd quarter when they got gassed from being on the field the whole quarter.

Still, I'm predicting a VT close win. I still don't have enough faith in the freshman QB.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks in the I-formation most of the night. They wear down VT in a snoozer. Most noticeable stats about the game will be big hits and the amount of ejections.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State will win comfortably.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da ohio state by at least 10. People forget that Navy's triple option gives almost everyone trouble

You play in Ohio stadium

You perform the Script Ohio

O-H... I-O is like the universal thing between you people

Your students hang out in the Ohio Union

I personally have never played a game @ The Shoe

I have never performed Script Ohio

Hey...who you calling "you people"?:pound:

And they are not "my students"

Other than that I agree w/ everything you said.:nod:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what conference Ohio University plays in, it is a Div. 1 University. The fact that anyone calls one university the same name as another university just makes that person look dumb as if they aren't smart enough to distinguish the two.

If someone wants to look dumb, let them.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what conference Ohio University plays in, it is a Div. 1 University. The fact that anyone calls one university the same name as another university just makes that person look dumb as if they aren't smart enough to distinguish the two.

If someone wants to look dumb, let them.

It's no different than when Woody would only refer to Michigan as "the school up north."

Which technically there were two schools in the Big Ten that were north of Columbus, so you could say the same thing about it being dumb. But somehow I know you won't. :whistle:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And VT has a top 3 secondary in the country, and a defense that thrives on pressuring inexperienced young QBs into making bad decisions.

There are quite obvious pros/cons to matchups on both sides of the ball for both squads. I could honestly see any of the above scenarios play out and not be surprised.

I don't see a blowout for either team.

But if I'm correct your top WR's and RB's are all freshaman and you also have an inexperienced QB. Our secondary has also improved. I don't see this being a high scoring game, y'all will probably have to score on defense to win though.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no different than when Woody would only refer to Michigan as "the school up north."

Which technically there were two schools in the Big Ten that were north of Columbus, so you could say the same thing about it being dumb. But somehow I know you won't. :whistle:

Its not the same thing at all. Woody's name for Michigan was a nick name. He wasn't calling them the name of another institution.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically most of VT's offense will be playing their first collegiate game.

Barrett just needs to take care of the ball and be patient, we have too many weapons on offense to lose this game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't play good against Navy, but that team is basically an all senior and junior team and should be pretty good this year.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think ohio has their hands full here.

Have to agree. This is the beginning of "health problems" for Urban that will culminate with chest pains after the Michigan State game.

Tech 27 - tOSU 14

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree. This is the beginning of "health problems" for Urban that will culminate with chest pains after the Michigan State game.

Tech 27 - tOSU 14

:nono:

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State will win this by 2+ scores.

Hard to say how vanilla OSU and VT kept it in week 1, but I was pretty pleased with Barrett's performance. Whole team seemed to settle in in the 2nd half. 1st half the O line was pretty sloppy, let Navy get some pressure, caused 1 INT.

Barrett went 12-15, 226 yds, 1 INT, and ran for 50. Pretty good for 1st game on the road vs a 9-4 bowl team from the previous season. I hope to see some more of Wilson and Marshall getting touches, and hope Rod Smith takes advantage of the carries he gets this game (and doesn't fumble). O line has to start improving, which they stepped up late, we just need that the whole game. Barrett needs to throw it 20-25x.

Fordist

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sit back and watch them on Saturday against Va Tech. OSU will have no problem.

Not sure about the "no problem". darn good Defense coming to Columbus and an O that looked good compared to the last couple of years last week. You did see us play Bama tough last year.. big games are nothing new for us. I think you replaced most of your OL, could be an issue. And Bud Foster against a very inexperienced QB....could be an issue