• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins the AFC East?

Who will win the AFC East this season?

• Total voters

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No stay here TGann and ignore any insults. OldSchool was the only Raven fan to surface after the loss, the others went into witness protection program

a lot of Ravens sites have surfaced but I can't stand the ass kissing and bickering over the dumbest chit. I am sure u see the same on NE sites it's like people live to argue

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What strikes me as odd, is that everyone seems to think that the Patriots without Revis are now a shit defense. Please give me the incredible defensive statistics that Revis put up in 2014.

Year Team G Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int TDs Yds Avg Lng
2014 New England Patriots 16 47 41 6 0.0 -- 14 2 0 0 0.0 0

Revis was good but not great and he certainly wasn't "Revis Island" last year. I don't expect anyone on the Patriots roster to be Darrelle Revis, but one never knows who might step up and actually play better than Revis in 2015. I have the entire Patriots' season DVR'd and have watched every game at least twice. Watching the top QBs the Patriots played, I saw them go right at Revis. Rodgers, Manning and Flacco had no fear of of him at all. In several games, the DL and LBs kept QBs off balance enough no one was threatened.

My personal opinion is that Revis may have fallen from the top 10 CBs in the NFL. There are at least six or seven young studs I'd take in a heartbeat before I'd even consider Revis.

I'll the Patriots to win the AFC East. By the start of the season the secondary will be the first question on everyone's mind. By game 9 they won't be part of the mystery. The Pats will finish 12-4 maybe even 13-3.
That is, unless the injury monster returns to Gillette after taking a year's vacation.

I'll also predict that they'll be playing either the Broncos or the Ravens for the AFC Championship and the game will be in Foxboro.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No stay here TGann and ignore any insults. OldSchool was the only Raven fan to surface after the loss, the others went into witness protection program

For me it's really about the banter and fun and football.i know I'm obnoxious but it can't be every time time it on here getting attacked. It weak and boring. So I figured I'd try a new approach and move on we'll se if they let me talk football or attack constantly.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expand on that. How so?

Mediocrity within a division isn't a sign that each of the division teams are tough.

Overall, based on this past season, they are better than average and happen to match up agains the Patriots well. That is it.

The QB is an above avg QB not a hall of famer as you seem to think. There is nothing wrong with that.

The Ravens def was actually ranked lower than NE last season, so it remains to be seen where they will be at this season. Sure Revis is a loss, but when you look at the whole situation it's not as big of a drop off as one would think.

Patriots have a schedule this year where they will likely win 12-14 games, save for a major injury of course. This is due to them having a week schedule, something that has actually hurt them in years past come the post season, and has a lot to do with why they haven't made it to more SB's. (Weak schedules aren't always a benefit as you seem to think.)

Brady will start game one and will likely not miss any games based on past history of these type things.

With that said Patriots will be the odds on favorite for the top seed again. (A couple of other teams certainly have a shot at it, for example Denver. I haven't looked at the Denver schedule yet.)

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What strikes me as odd, is that everyone seems to think that the Patriots without Revis are now a shit defense. Please give me the incredible defensive statistics that Revis put up in 2014.

Revis was good but not great and he certainly wasn't "Revis Island" last year. I don't expect anyone on the Patriots roster to be Darrelle Revis, but one never knows who might step up and actually play better than Revis in 2015. I have the entire Patriots' season DVR'd and have watched every game at least twice. Watching the top QBs the Patriots played, I saw them go right at Revis. Rodgers, Manning and Flacco had no fear of of him at all. In several games, the DL and LBs kept QBs off balance enough no one was threatened.

My personal opinion is that Revis may have fallen from the top 10 CBs in the NFL. There are at least six or seven young studs I'd take in a heartbeat before I'd even consider Revis.

I'll the Patriots to win the AFC East. By the start of the season the secondary will be the first question on everyone's mind. By game 9 they won't be part of the mystery. The Pats will finish 12-4 maybe even 13-3.
That is, unless the injury monster returns to Gillette after taking a year's vacation.

I'll also predict that they'll be playing either the Broncos or the Ravens for the AFC Championship and the game will be in Foxboro.

Good information... I think I could see that happening except the AFCCG in Baltimore. Welcome to travel football. ;)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What strikI'mes me as odd, is that everyone seems to think that the Patriots without Revis are now a shit defense. Please give me the incredible defensive statistics that Revis put up in 2014.

Good post Big Ken. Pats have plenty of cap space left. I'm thinking BB waits everyone out. Picks up Haden from Cleveland toward tge end of the year if BB thinks he needs a shut down guy.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post Big Ken. Pats have plenty of cap space left. I'm thinking BB waits everyone out. Picks up Haden from Cleveland toward tge end of the year if BB thinks he needs a shut down guy.

And based on who he has been picking up, it seems he is going back to his front seven Giants days.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And based on who he has been picking up, it seems he is going back to his front seven Giants days.
I'm sold on the front 7. Best in years on paper anyway. Lots of versatility. Lots of new looks teams will have to be concerned with. Bring on Pittsburgh.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocrity within a division isn't a sign that each of the division teams are tough.

Overall, based on this past season, they are better than average and happen to match up agains the Patriots well. That is it.

The QB is an above avg QB not a hall of famer as you seem to think. There is nothing wrong with that.

The Ravens def was actually ranked lower than NE last season, so it remains to be seen where they will be at this season. Sure Revis is a loss, but when you look at the whole situation it's not as big of a drop off as one would think.

Patriots have a schedule this year where they will likely win 12-14 games, save for a major injury of course. This is due to them having a week schedule, something that has actually hurt them in years past come the post season, and has a lot to do with why they haven't made it to more SB's. (Weak schedules aren't always a benefit as you seem to think.)

Brady will start game one and will likely not miss any games based on past history of these type things.

With that said Patriots will be the odds on favorite for the top seed again. (A couple of other teams certainly have a shot at it, for example Denver. I haven't looked at the Denver schedule yet.)
The Ravens were a shell in the secondary last year by the time hey limped into Foxboro. In some instances using there 7th and 8th db on the roster with our best on the bench with a Lizfranc injury (jimmy smith) who was having his best year ever .. The secondary is much improved as last year we were using a backup safety as a slot cb in Elam. Arrington while not the best is an upgrade.

Between Jimmy Smith Lad Webb and safety Will hill with a full season and Lendrick Lewis from the Texans we are upgraded in a big way from the AFCCG.

our front 7 could be the best we have had in years as B.Williams at 23 had better off grades when he played then Ngata all year and with t.Jernigan healthy we are stacked.

On offense our OL is top 5 may be the best in football and our wr depth while unproven is riddled with speed lots to be happy about in Baltimore. I won't debate u on weakness in the AFCN I'll just cite he NFL.com link which has is at #2 in strength and #1 in the AFC.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens were a shell in the secondary last year by the time hey limped into Foxboro. In some instances using there 7th and 8th db on the roster with our best on the bench with a Lizfranc injury (jimmy smith) who was having his best year ever .. The secondary is much improved as last year we were using a backup safety as a slot cb in Elam. Arrington while not the best is an upgrade.

Between Jimmy Smith Lad Webb and safety Will hill with a full season and Lendrick Lewis from the Texans we are upgraded in a big way from the AFCCG.

our front 7 could be the best we have had in years as B.Williams at 23 had better off grades when he played then Ngata all year and with t.Jernigan healthy we are stacked.

On offense our OL is top 5 may be the best in football and our wr depth while unproven is riddled with speed lots to be happy about in Baltimore. I won't debate u on weakness in the AFCN I'll just cite he NFL.com link which has is at #2 in strength and #1 in the AFC.

Arrington isn't all that by any means. He is a fill in, and will leave you cringing as passes get thrown his way at times.

AS for the AFCN, again mediocrity is what they have. Essentially multiple better than avg teams and no real standout. I would rather have the dominant team than an above avg one in a division full of them.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrington isn't all that by any means. He is a fill in, and will leave you cringing as passes get thrown his way at times.

AS for the AFCN, again mediocrity is what they have. Essentially multiple better than avg teams and no real standout. I would rather have the dominant team than an above avg one in a division full of them.
Arrington is a big upgrade to a second year safety we had playing slot.

Like I said NFL.com strongly disagrees with ur statement about the AFCN but nobody disagrees that there is only one team in the AFCE.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrington is a big upgrade to a second year safety we had playing slot.

Like I said NFL.com strongly disagrees with ur statement about the AFCN but nobody disagrees that there is only one team in the AFCE.

Actually if you look at their team rankings you find it's exactly what I said. A Division with multiple above avg teams.

Steelers at 7, above avg. just shy of upper tier
Bengals at 10, above avg
Ravens at 13, above avg, to avg
Browns at 30, bottom tier

Avg position of 15, mediocrity across the board.

Meanwhile over in the AFCE you have a Top tier team with a group of

Pats at 1, obviously top tier with that spot
Dolphins at 17, below avg to avg
Bills at 20, below avg
Jets at 21, below avg

Avg position 14.75, mediocrity skewed by a top tier team.

So my position stands, the AFCN is a mediocrity with avg to above avg teams while the AFCE is mediocrity base don avg ranking but skewed but one superior team.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually if you look at their team rankings you find it's exactly what I said. A Division with multiple above avg teams.

Steelers at 7, above avg. just shy of upper tier
Bengals at 10, above avg
Ravens at 13, above avg, to avg
Browns at 30, bottom tier

Avg position of 15, mediocrity across the board.

Meanwhile over in the AFCE you have a Top tier team with a group of

Pats at 1, obviously top tier with that spot
Dolphins at 17, below avg to avg
Bills at 20, below avg
Jets at 21, below avg

Avg position 14.75, mediocrity skewed by a top tier team.

So my position stands, the AFCN is a mediocrity with avg to above avg teams while the AFCE is mediocrity base don avg ranking but skewed but one superior team.

So you are choosing to ignore a column written about the power divisions by an NFL writer written and substitute ur skewed/flawed ranking. Got it.

AFCN>AFCE

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are choosing to ignore a column written about the power divisions by an NFL writer written and substitute ur skewed/flawed ranking. Got it.

AFCN>AFCE

I didn't ignore anything. I simply used the same source to show it's not what you portray it to be.

You =

F

A

I

L

As you always do.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't ignore anything. I simply used the same source to show it's not what you portray it to be.

You =

F

A

I

L

As you always do.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

its pretty simple. AFCN>AFCE see?

:L:pound:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He provided Belichick with enough coverage to build a pretty damm good secondary... Before Revis, they've recently been average AT BEST. Before the Patriots were good enough to get to some AFC title games and a Superbowl but with Revis Belichick built a damm good secondary and that made it a better defense overall.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the whole point, it' barely better. And your team doesn't get some sort of bonus points for it. As it sits right now the Ravens look to be fighting it out for a WC with teams such as the Dolphins, who happens to have a QB that is equally good to Flacco and actually had slightly better numbers last season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly I don't know how anybody can make these type of claims? With how much the NFL changes from one year to the next we have no clue how this next year will go for any of the divisions. 2 years ago the AFC West looked like the top division in the AFC after sending 3 teams to the playoffs and one of them being the eventual representative of the AFC in the Super Bowl. This past year obviously the AFC North looked like the best with sending 3 to the playoffs and the other finishing with a decent record. Now yes I will say the AFC North has been the most consistent from year to year of any of the AFC divisions but again we shall see if this next year they can still hold onto that title. At this point the AFC East has the Super Bowl Champion and 3 teams that went out and spent big in FA. Now obviously signing big name FA's doesn't always mean success but these teams have worked hard to improve over last year. I could very well see the AFC East by the end of the season being considered the best division in the AFC. Heck I could see any of the AFC divisions being that except the South.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't know how anybody can make these type of claims? With how much the NFL changes from one year to the next we have no clue how this next year will go for any of the divisions. 2 years ago the AFC West looked like the top division in the AFC after sending 3 teams to the playoffs and one of them being the eventual representative of the AFC in the Super Bowl. This past year obviously the AFC North looked like the best with sending 3 to the playoffs and the other finishing with a decent record. Now yes I will say the AFC North has been the most consistent from year to year of any of the AFC divisions but again we shall see if this next year they can still hold onto that title. At this point the AFC East has the Super Bowl Champion and 3 teams that went out and spent big in FA. Now obviously signing big name FA's doesn't always mean success but these teams have worked hard to improve over last year. I could very well see the AFC East by the end of the season being considered the best division in the AFC. Heck I could see any of the AFC divisions being that except the South.

I think some are trying to make something out of nothing. Likely because their season ended so poorly. Any number of divisions have had multiple teams getting to the playoffs every year.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a case to be made for the Dolphins for sure. The signing of Suh only boosts more confidence and morale within the defensive ranks. As for SS Reshad Jones, to say he's vastly overrated is crazy! the guy never get's any recognition as a baller, his numbers have got better each year! this is how well he's performed and progressed according to Pro Football Focus/ 2012: (run stop % 33rd in the league) 2013: (17th in the league) 2014: (1st in the league) Tackling efficiency has increased from (37th in 2012) (17th in 2013) to 6th in 2014) coverage skills have room for improvement, but he's a ball hawk and a playmaker for sure with 10 career INTs - 3 FFs and 6.5 sacks. Has also been a top 10 safety in pass rush productivity.