• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins the AFC East?

Who will win the AFC East this season?

• Total voters

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already did.

The ratbirds receiving corp has as big, if not bigger, question marks than the Pats secondary.
Losing Torrey Smith? Mr 700 yds? lol...

Please provide more your argument is anorexic.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go take a look at it. It's "glaring".
I see You have added a few words "glaring" to your vocabulary... Well played but u obv. Have no argument. Still waiting...

Torrey Smith gone. Deep wr that's it's... Under routes was terrible and never across the middle.

700yds... No biggie.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see You have added a few words "glaring" to your vocabulary... Well played but u obv. Have no argument. Still waiting...

Torrey Smith gone. Deep wr that's it's... Under routes was terrible and never across the middle.

700yds... No biggie.

You do realize you cherry picked his worst season in the league right? Not saying Torrey Smith is a top tier receiver but looking at just last year doesn't exactly do the kid justice for what he brought to the team. I mean even Torrey Smith's worst year in the league would have still been the 5th best of the rookies this past year. So expecting now that a rookie is going to take his place and put up great numbers is going against the odds. Now could he? OF course but the likelihood is that Torrey Smith if still on the team would produce more than a rookie stepping in.

JV35

El Chapo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats in a walkover

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize you cherry picked his worst season in the league right? Not saying Torrey Smith is a top tier receiver but looking at just last year doesn't exactly do the kid justice for what he brought to the team. I mean even Torrey Smith's worst year in the league would have still been the 5th best of the rookies this past year. So expecting now that a rookie is going to take his place and put up great numbers is going against the odds. Now could he? OF course but the likelihood is that Torrey Smith if still on the team would produce more than a rookie stepping in.

Cherry picked? Which season should I use his best? 3 years ago? 4 years ago?

How about we use last year and the only year Flacco had a viable second wr.
Torrey rec yes 700 Steve Smith @35 caught for over 1,000yds something Torrey never did. Torrey had 7 TDs Steve S. Had 6...

So what did we learn? Torrey is a true #2 wr and when Flacco had options he chose other wrs then Torrey S. To throw too.

Torrey Smith while I like had little impact last year glad to see him go.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherry picked? Which season should I use his best? 3 years ago? 4 years ago?

How about we use last year and the only year Flacco had a viable second wr.
Torrey rec yes 700 Steve Smith @35 caught for over 1,000yds something Torrey never did. Torrey had 7 TDs Steve S. Had 6...

So what did we learn? Torrey is a true #2 wr and when Flacco had options he chose other wrs then Torrey S. To throw too.

Torrey Smith while I like had little impact last year glad to see him go.

Maybe you should get to know the players on your team. In 2013 Torrey Smith had 1,128 yards on only 65 receptions. Also Torrey Smith while he didn't have the yards of the past he set an all-time high in touchdowns having 11 this past season. That was good enough to put him top-10 in the league for touchdowns. So Torrey Smith 2 seasons ago had more yards that Steve Smith this past year and pretty much doubled Smith's touchdowns this past season.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should get to know the players on your team. In 2013 Torrey Smith had 1,128 yards on only 65 receptions. Also Torrey Smith while he didn't have the yards of the past he set an all-time high in touchdowns having 11 this past season. That was good enough to put him top-10 in the league for touchdowns. So Torrey Smith 2 seasons ago had more yards that Steve Smith this past year and pretty much doubled Smith's touchdowns this past season.

Good catch.

So he had 1 year over 1,000 yds. "1". and Steve Smith had one of his best years in the league under Flacco.

My point which was lost by u is when Flacco had other options he chose them... Same with Marlon Brown. Year before last he led the Ravens in TDs Torrey had 4. He goes deep...that's it period. Torrey is trying to be a #1 wr which he isn't... When Boldon was here Flacco went to him... Maroon Brown led the wan as a rookie in TDs, last year Steve Smith had the yards and caught everything underneath...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good catch.

So he had 1 year over 1,000 yds. "1". and Steve Smith had one of his best years in the league under Flacco.

My point which was lost by u is when Flacco had other options he chose them... Same with Marlon Brown. Year before last he led the Ravens in TDs Torrey had 4. He goes deep...that's it period. Torrey is trying to be a #1 wr which he isn't... When Boldon was here Flacco went to him... Maroon Brown led the wan as a rookie in TDs, last year Steve Smith had the yards and caught everything underneath...

I'm not saying that Torrey Smith is a top-tier receiver. That is what you seem to be missing. What I am saying is that expecting there to be no drop off with him gone and just thinking he is no big loss to the team is really playing the homer card. Smith is a great #2 to have as his speed does more than just allow him to catch deep balls but also helps to clear up the middle of the field for other players to work. It is why teams love speed at least at one of the receiver positions. I would also say that Torrey showed this last year that when the team needed a touchdown he was the guy to do it. I mean over half of his touchdowns happened in the red zone so I think he showed he is more than just a deep ball threat this past year.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cherry picking is all he knows.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that Torrey Smith is a top-tier receiver. That is what you seem to be missing. What I am saying is that expecting there to be no drop off with him gone and just thinking he is no big loss to the team is really playing the homer card. Smith is a great #2 to have as his speed does more than just allow him to catch deep balls but also helps to clear up the middle of the field for other players to work. It is why teams love speed at least at one of the receiver positions. I would also say that Torrey showed this last year that when the team needed a touchdown he was the guy to do it. I mean over half of his touchdowns happened in the red zone so I think he showed he is more than just a deep ball threat this past year.

I agree good number two.

Steve Smith was better suited for Flacco and came up way bigger when he needed him then Torrey. Marlon Brown wen he wasn't backing up Steve Smith two years ago had 7 TDs and played big at 6"5.

We shall see but glad Torrey is gone.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
With sincere apologies up front for staying on topic - Pats win the division with a 10 - 6 record

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perriman will have to struggle quite a bit for the Ravens to miss Torrey Smith.

Interesting stat...Flacco had the most lost production (over 400 yards) of all QBs last season. Torrey was a big contributor to that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you expect anything less than cherry picking?