• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins the AFC East?

Who will win the AFC East this season?

• Total voters

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful but I think I am pretty close overall (with selective memory)
Cheers.

Likely your prediction in the NFCE was inaccurate...but no one typically gets that right.

Only thing I guessed was it wouldn't be the Boys but only because this division hasn't had a back to back winner since the Eagles did it early 2000s. Always a crap shoot with injuries, week to week league, and competitive division play.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheers.

Likely your prediction in the NFCE was inaccurate...but no one typically gets that right.

Only thing I guessed was it wouldn't be the Boys but only because this division hasn't had a back to back winner since the Eagles did it early 2000s. Always a crap shoot with injuries, week to week league, and competitive division play.
I did not have a clue on the NFCE. That has continued in the season. I would be way ahead in the pickems' if I could exclude the NFCE.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not have a clue on the NFCE. That has continued in the season. I would be way ahead in the pickems' if I could exclude the NFCE.
Lulz, always the case with the NFCE for many years now. All you can predict is it being unpredictable. Hope we win it, but won't believe it til I see it :happyshake:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is reminding me of the 80s-mid 90s old NFC West.

It was the 49ers and everybody else.

Occasionally another team would sneak in and get a division title but the 49ers would be right back on top the very next year.

This is what New England has done to the AFC East since 2001.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Occasionally another team would sneak in and get a division title but the 49ers would be right back on top the very next year.

It starts with ownership. Since the Krafts purchased the team in the early 90's no other team in the NFL has had greater success.

The Redskins, and I mean no offence, are the classic example of the opposite of the Patriots at the ownership level.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to agree. While the rest of the division might put up a good fight for part of game...rarely do you expect any upset coming from other teams in the AFCE outside of the Jets showing up once in awhile.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starts with ownership. Since the Krafts purchased the team in the early 90's no other team in the NFL has had greater success.

The Redskins, and I mean no offence, are the classic example of the opposite of the Patriots at the ownership level.
It does start with ownership. Or at least an owner that chooses not to meddle with football decisions.

Then it requires a good coach and constancy with culture and philosophy.

I take no offense. But I do think the addition of Scot McCloughan as GM for the Skins has already shown an unbelievable difference in how things are being handled in DC. Time will tell.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does start with ownership. Or at least an owner that chooses not to meddle with football decisions.

I take no offense. But I do think the addition of Scot McCloughan as GM for the Skins has already shown an unbelievable difference in how things are being handled in DC. Time will tell.

Maybe you can Nancy Kerrigan Snyder?:noidea:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you can Nancy Kerrigan Snyder?:noidea:
Heh

If he keeps up what appears to be a 'hands off' approach and we can keep Scot and his amazing talent scouting, I'll be a happy skins fan :)

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the biggest reason I admire the Steelers organization so much. Their loyalty to their head coach has given them the ability to keep a consistent franchise philosophy.

They hired Chuck Noll in 1969. Since then, their head coaches have been Chuck Noll, Sgt Slaughter Bill Cowher and Mike Tomlin.

Three head coaches since 1969!

That's it!

They don't bail on a head coach after one bad season. They stay the course. And they are consistently one of the best franchises year in and year out.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the biggest reason I admire the Steelers organization so much. Their loyalty to their head coach has given them the ability to keep a consistent franchise philosophy.

They hired Chuck Noll in 1969. Since then, their head coaches have been Chuck Noll, Sgt Slaughter Bill Cowher and Mike Tomlin.

That's it!

They don't bail on a head coach after one bad season. They stay the course. And they are consistently one of the best franchises year in and year out.

And since the Krafts took over the Patriots, the Steelers have been second fiddle.:yes::trash:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's it!

Yep. Too much 'what have you done for me lately' and never enough patience.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly would not complain if my team's owner would take a course in NFL ownership from either the Rooneys or the Krafts.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly would not complain if my team's owner would take a course in NFL ownership from either the Rooneys or the Krafts.

Gotta give him a bit of credit though, he is certainly trying to transform them into the Patriots south.

O'Brien, Crennel, Vrabel, Hoyer, Wilfork, etc

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give him a bit of credit though, he is certainly trying to transform them into the Patriots south.

O'Brien, Crennel, Vrabel, Hoyer, Wilfork, etc

O'Brien needs to go taka a class from The Hoodie on decisiveness. He has flip-flopped his starting QB too muc already and I don't mean the times he's needed an injury replacement.

Pick a guy. Make him your guy. And stick with him.

Even Kubiak did that right.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Brien needs to go taka a class from The Hoodie on decisiveness. He has flip-flopped his starting QB too muc already and I don't mean the times he's needed an injury replacement.

Pick a guy. Make him your guy. And stick with him.

Even Kubiak did that right.
Might even be Griffin next year. I'd like him to land with y'all or KC myself.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might even be Griffin next year. I'd like him to land with y'all or KC myself.

I could certainly see you wanting him in the AFC. heh

I just question my team's ability to keep him healthy considering his injury history and what has happened to Houston QBs this year. And last year too for that matter.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could certainly see you wanting him in the AFC. heh

I just question my team's ability to keep him healthy considering his injury history and what has happened to Houston QBs this year. And last year too for that matter.
Health is a legit concern. It's what's between the ears that worries me the most for him. Hopefully he realizes how much he still has to learn and if he can scramble/slide to save himself...with the right scheme, I really believe he could be successful.

I will always be grateful to him for a magical 2012 and want to see him succeed.