• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the NFC West this year?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are like the Padres of the NFL. Every year people say "look out for those Rams" and it always ends the same way. Not saying they suck, because they don't, but I'm not going to buy into the hype of them surpassing any of the other 3 teams in the NFCW until they actually do it.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will come down to who survives the division. In out of division games these 4 teams combined for a 30-10 record last year. By far better then any other division. The Cardinals went 2-4 and the Rams went 1-5 in the division which is why they were at the bottom. Right now the favorites are still the Niners and Seahawks.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks will win NFC West and repeat as SB champions.

Russell Wilson should have been the SB MVP.

He'll be the SB MVP after this season.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks will win NFC West and repeat as SB champions.

Russell Wilson should have been the SB MVP.

He'll be the SB MVP after this season.

With all due respect, not gonna happen

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will come down to who survives the division. In out of division games these 4 teams combined for a 30-10 record last year. By far better then any other division. The Cardinals went 2-4 and the Rams went 1-5 in the division which is why they were at the bottom. Right now the favorites are still the Niners and Seahawks.
So lets see:

Seattle vs Niners: Seattle causes Kaepernick problems and he throws a lot of interceptions. Vernon Davis has issues getting open against Seattle. Lots of advantages to Seattle. Possibly a split but I could see Seattle sweeping

Seattle vs Cardinals: Both defenses fluster both offenses. Both teams play better at home. A likely split, imo

Seattle vs Rams: Looked like two different games last year with a banged up Seattle team in STL for the first game and a banged up STL in Seattle to end the season. Wilson usually struggles a bit with STLs pressure but STLs offense usually has all sorts of troubles finding the endzone. Could be a split, maybe Seattle sweeps pending Bradford and the various wildcards on the Rams.

I'm guessing 4-2 for Seattle.

Niners vs Cardinals. Vernon Davis should be able to do whatever against Arizona. Thats a big matchup problem for Arizona. Probably sweep for Niners. Possible split.

Niners vs Rams. This probably comes down to health of both teams. Bowman caused a whole mess of problems for the Rams last year. Cook doesnt really know if he is coming or going. Rams dline is more speed oriented and Niners oline is more physical short yardage. Niners dont turn the ball over except against Seattle so the Rams cant generate turnovers which usually drives the team. Probable sweep for Niners if healthy. Possible split or Probable split depending on health.

I'm guessing 3-3 for the Niners with key guys in and out of the lineup at times.

Cardinals vs Rams. Traditionally the Rams have eaten the Cardinals oline alive. Both teams have excellent special teams. Cook ate up Arizona in Week 1 last year with Washington being out. Arizona's WRs give STL secondary all sorts of issues. Probable split.

I'm guessing 3-3 for the Rams and 2-4 for the Cardinals.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, not gonna happen

If Seattle is being outscored in the SB, an MVP award is certainly possible. RW has led the team from a deficit more than a few times.
Yet, it is uncommon for the Seahawks to be behind in the score so I can understand your position...:whistle:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lets see:

Seattle vs Niners: Seattle causes Kaepernick problems and he throws a lot of interceptions. Vernon Davis has issues getting open against Seattle. Lots of advantages to Seattle. Possibly a split but I could see Seattle sweeping

Seattle vs Cardinals: Both defenses fluster both offenses. Both teams play better at home. A likely split, imo

Seattle vs Rams: Looked like two different games last year with a banged up Seattle team in STL for the first game and a banged up STL in Seattle to end the season. Wilson usually struggles a bit with STLs pressure but STLs offense usually has all sorts of troubles finding the endzone. Could be a split, maybe Seattle sweeps pending Bradford and the various wildcards on the Rams.

I'm guessing 4-2 for Seattle.

Niners vs Cardinals. Vernon Davis should be able to do whatever against Arizona. Thats a big matchup problem for Arizona. Probably sweep for Niners. Possible split.

Niners vs Rams. This probably comes down to health of both teams. Bowman caused a whole mess of problems for the Rams last year. Cook doesnt really know if he is coming or going. Rams dline is more speed oriented and Niners oline is more physical short yardage. Niners dont turn the ball over except against Seattle so the Rams cant generate turnovers which usually drives the team. Probable sweep for Niners if healthy. Possible split or Probable split depending on health.

I'm guessing 3-3 for the Niners with key guys in and out of the lineup at times.

Cardinals vs Rams. Traditionally the Rams have eaten the Cardinals oline alive. Both teams have excellent special teams. Cook ate up Arizona in Week 1 last year with Washington being out. Arizona's WRs give STL secondary all sorts of issues. Probable split.

I'm guessing 3-3 for the Rams and 2-4 for the Cardinals.

Pretty spot on. I think whichever team can manage the 4-2 division record will take the title. Health will play a big role obviously. The Seahawks play 5 of their final 6 games against the west which is an extremely tough draw IMO.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners and Rams tie, Seattle misses the playoffs

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are like the Padres of the NFL. Every year people say "look out for those Rams" and it always ends the same way. Not saying they suck, because they don't, but I'm not going to buy into the hype of them surpassing any of the other 3 teams in the NFCW until they actually do it.

They were 4-12 in the 98-99 season and came back with a record offense and SB win in the 99-00 season. It is hard to tell what will happen with some teams.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were 4-12 in the 98-99 season and came back with a record offense and SB win in the 99-00 season. It is hard to tell what will happen with some teams.
That can happen for a number of reasons. One is the difference in SOS from one year to the next. Just watch Houston have a "comeback" year this upcoming season. Won't be a surprise to me at all but they should win 10 games based on their talent and schedule. The Rams still have a tough division though and still lack some true offensive threats at the skill position. An 8-8 record this year would be a success if I were a Rams fan

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can happen for a number of reasons. One is the difference in SOS from one year to the next. Just watch Houston have a "comeback" year this upcoming season. Won't be a surprise to me at all but they should win 10 games based on their talent and schedule. The Rams still have a tough division though and still lack some true offensive threats at the skill position. An 8-8 record this year would be a success if I were a Rams fan

Not sure I would say they are lacking in the skill positions just quite yet. They have unproven talent at this point is the worst you could say. I mean they did use a 33rd overall pick and an 8th overall pick on receivers over the last couple of years. Receivers usually take longer than most positions to develop so with them entering now their 2nd and 3rd years in the league this will be a good chance to see what they bring to the table. Jared Cook is a decent TE that can put up around 800 yards. Especially now with other weapons around him. Zac Stacy almost put up a thousand yards rushing in just 14 games last season. Throw in then drafting one of if not the most productive back in college football in Tre Mason. Realistically for the Rams it comes down to Sam Bradford. Looking at all of this young talent around him he has an opportunity to have a very good season with a very balanced offense. He has what is shaping up to be a very good OL in front of him and speed to burn at the receiver position while they have some great power from their runners and OL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the SOS thing will pretty much be the same for the rest of the division with St. Louis really having the easiest go of it with playing 2 4th place teams. Throw in for the NFC West they are playing a much tougher division in the AFC West and my guess is the NFC East should be a bit improved. I don't see Washington going 3-13 again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCFW was definitely the toughest DIV in the league, and they are probably going to be just as tough this year, but like every NFL team, there are questions that have to be answered.

I'm picking SEA to win the DIV again for one reason...home field...I do think they lose one of them this year, but 7-1 and out of DIV rd games are not that brutal really...@SD,WAS,CAR,KC,PHI...I can see them winning no less than 3 of those...but I'm not sure they will win any of their DIV rd games so...10-6 worst cast...being the hunted every week is tough.

SF..Justin Smith has to be near the end...a few other key guys are right around that 30 mark, Gore, Davis, Boldin...the window is closing imo...imo Gore, Crabtree, Boldin, Ellington, Davis is enough with that DEF to win the SB...Kaep is going to have make more plays as a passer to beat SEA. 10-6, but I have a feeling they might lose the h-t-h to SEA.

STL...Stock piling high draft picks for many years it seems...now or never for Bradford...can't knock the draft, G. Robinson will be a beast for years to come, but you wonder is leaving a top of draft WR on the board will come back to haunt them...9-7

AZ...I like their WR combo the best in the DIV...Palmer needs a strong OL...I don't think they have a strong OL, but a DEF on the rise...9-7

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cdumler, Your post about Seattle last year was off. You said Harvin was the only injury?

Harvin was out the entire year.
Sidney Rice WR2 was out half the year
The entire Oline was the walking wounded all year Okung LT , Unger C, Giacomini RT(it did get healthy for the playoffs though)(
Bobby Wagner missed games (starting MLB)
KJ Wright missed the last month of the year (other starting lb)
Irvin missed the first four games of the year PED (other starting lb)
Brandon Browner missed the second half of the year (Starting CB)
walter Thurmond missed a month weed suspension (first replacement at CB for browner)

Seattle faced plenty of injury adversity last year.

It's funny, when Im in a thread about how great a specific player is for Seattle one of the go to arguments against me is Seattles incredible depth, Now you say Seattle cant handle an injury.

And yes if Wilson gets hurt were in trouble, Just like Any other NFL team in the league is in trouble. TJack showed he's a 7-9 qb with a worse roster, with this roster he's probably 8-8.

Injuries happen to every team, the key to success is having guys who can step up, AKA Malcom smiths, Byron Maxwells etc.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
When was the last time Seattle won in SF? How come nobody talks about that stat?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time Seattle won in SF? How come nobody talks about that stat?

That's a good question. Seriously, both teams are really good which makes it extremely hard to win as the visiting team. That is why it's important to win H.F.A. for the playoffs. Many of us Seahawk fans felt like the N.F.C.C. was the Super Bowl. I'm glad the game was played in Seattle.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners and Rams tie, Seattle misses the playoffs

Did that hurt pulling that prediction out of your ass? It's one thing to say Seattle will not win the S.B. Fine. However, the Seahawks have been in the playoffs three out of the past four seasons and you think that NOW, they will fall flat on their faces? Get real.

:lame:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cdumler, Your post about Seattle last year was off. You said Harvin was the only injury?

Harvin was out the entire year.
Sidney Rice WR2 was out half the year
The entire Oline was the walking wounded all year Okung LT , Unger C, Giacomini RT(it did get healthy for the playoffs though)(
Bobby Wagner missed games (starting MLB)
KJ Wright missed the last month of the year (other starting lb)
Irvin missed the first four games of the year PED (other starting lb)
Brandon Browner missed the second half of the year (Starting CB)
walter Thurmond missed a month weed suspension (first replacement at CB for browner)

Seattle faced plenty of injury adversity last year.

It's funny, when Im in a thread about how great a specific player is for Seattle one of the go to arguments against me is Seattles incredible depth, Now you say Seattle cant handle an injury.

And yes if Wilson gets hurt were in trouble, Just like Any other NFL team in the league is in trouble. TJack showed he's a 7-9 qb with a worse roster, with this roster he's probably 8-8.

Injuries happen to every team, the key to success is having guys who can step up, AKA Malcom smiths, Byron Maxwells etc.

Every team obviously has injuries throughout the season. I was talking about Pro Bowl to All-Pro level and done for the season. Harvin is about the closest thing you can claim to that from your team. The Broncos and Patriots both had All-Pro players missing come playoff time. In the Super Bowl alone the Broncos had 7 starters on defense done for the season (Wolfe, Miller, Vickerson, Harris, Moore, Carter, and Bradley). On the offensive side of the ball they were missing 2 starters (Clady and Walton).

Two of those guys the year before finished All-Pro with one being DPOY runner-up. Yes the Seahawks have depth and they could survive an injury to a couple of key players for the season but it definitely makes things a lot harder especially in a tough NFC where there are about 5 teams rated very closely and a couple of key injuries really could separate those teams.

Again I am talking top level players like say Sherman and Thomas go down on defense (both top of their positions just like Clady and Miller). As great of depth as any team has nobody can replace those guys and play at or near the same level. Same thing happened to the Broncos and in the Super Bowl Manning was pressured quite a bit and could get no pass rush on Wilson. Not saying these two guys make the difference in the Super Bowl as Seattle just blew the socks off the Broncos but they definitely would have helped. Just like if Sherman and Thomas were gone they would definitely help whatever team they were on compared to the guys that replaced them.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team obviously has injuries throughout the season. I was talking about Pro Bowl to All-Pro level and done for the season. Harvin is about the closest thing you can claim to that from your team. The Broncos and Patriots both had All-Pro players missing come playoff time. In the Super Bowl alone the Broncos had 7 starters on defense done for the season (Wolfe, Miller, Vickerson, Harris, Moore, Carter, and Bradley). On the offensive side of the ball they were missing 2 starters (Clady and Walton).

Two of those guys the year before finished All-Pro with one being DPOY runner-up. Yes the Seahawks have depth and they could survive an injury to a couple of key players for the season but it definitely makes things a lot harder especially in a tough NFC where there are about 5 teams rated very closely and a couple of key injuries really could separate those teams.

Again I am talking top level players like say Sherman and Thomas go down on defense (both top of their positions just like Clady and Miller). As great of depth as any team has nobody can replace those guys and play at or near the same level. Same thing happened to the Broncos and in the Super Bowl Manning was pressured quite a bit and could get no pass rush on Wilson. Not saying these two guys make the difference in the Super Bowl as Seattle just blew the socks off the Broncos but they definitely would have helped. Just like if Sherman and Thomas were gone they would definitely help whatever team they were on compared to the guys that replaced them.

I know what your getting at but i chuckled a little when you say no team can replace two top players at their position, when Denver literally did just that last year. Yeah they got mud holed by Seattle, but they broke records on their way to the superbowl where they ran into the best defense since the 00 ravens.

But anyway back on topic. As long as you admit that Seattle can handle injuries and had plenty of them last year more then most other teams im ok to meet you in the middle.