• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the NFC West this year?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what your getting at but i chuckled a little when you say no team can replace two top players at their position, when Denver literally did just that last year. Yeah they got mud holed by Seattle, but they broke records on their way to the superbowl where they ran into the best defense since the 00 ravens.

But anyway back on topic. As long as you admit that Seattle can handle injuries and had plenty of them last year more then most other teams im ok to meet you in the middle.

Well not sure I am going to be able to meet you quite in the middle here though. Statisticians actually keep track of these things and Seattle did not have more injuries than most. In fact they finished in the top half of the league when it came to starters playing games. They also had only one starter put on IR for the season. Only one team had every starter make it through the season without being put on IR and that was Kansas City. Seattle is tied for 2nd for most starters still playing at the end of the year. So in reality Seattle was actually one of the more fortunate teams in the league when it came to injuries to starters. Now I will say Seattle was on the lower end of having guys actually start all 16 games but just goes to show most of their injuries were just a few weeks and minor compared to those losing starters for most of the season if not all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle was fortunate to find good health by the end of the season. Early on having injuries to the weakest unit (OL) was extremely tough, being able win any way, was a key to having HFA and that was key to the whole season IMO.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are like the Padres of the NFL. Every year people say "look out for those Rams" and it always ends the same way. Not saying they suck, because they don't, but I'm not going to buy into the hype of them surpassing any of the other 3 teams in the NFCW until they actually do it.

Hell... aside from last year, I haven't heard "look out for those Rams" in over a decade. Lol. Admittedly though, even as a die-hard Rams fan, I remain skeptical. There's a lot of "ifs" involved in the Rams making a run at the division crown.

But, how beautiful would it be if they all came together? :yahoo:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle was fortunate to find good health by the end of the season. Early on having injuries to the weakest unit (OL) was extremely tough, being able win any way, was a key to having HFA and that was key to the whole season IMO.

I agree that the injuries to the OL were tough and was impressed with how they all overcome that. Again though just pointing out Seattle really was healthier than some want to admit. They had almost every starter from the beginning of the season playing in the game and most of the injuries throughout the season were really minor (I consider minor any that a player misses a month or less) in comparison to some teams who just got decimated. Just to give an idea the Giants had their starters miss over twice as many games as Seattle and had 6 starters on IR compared to just 1.

In this league it really does take good injury luck especially come playoff time. It is why so many teams can go from worst to first and first to worst in a hurry.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's a good question. Seriously, both teams are really good which makes it extremely hard to win as the visiting team. That is why it's important to win H.F.A. for the playoffs. Many of us Seahawk fans felt like the N.F.C.C. was the Super Bowl. I'm glad the game was played in Seattle.

There's no doubt in my mind that the two best teams played in the N.F.C.C. game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the injuries to the OL were tough and was impressed with how they all overcome that. Again though just pointing out Seattle really was healthier than some want to admit. They had almost every starter from the beginning of the season playing in the game and most of the injuries throughout the season were really minor (I consider minor any that a player misses a month or less) in comparison to some teams who just got decimated. Just to give an idea the Giants had their starters miss over twice as many games as Seattle and had 6 starters on IR compared to just 1.

In this league it really does take gooda injury luck especially come playoff time. It is why so many teams can go from worst to first and first to worst in a hurry.

I always feel that injuries happen and if they happen to area with good depth, it isn't that big a deal. Seahawks could afford injuries to the DL and they had them, wasn't really a problem. It's getting a injury to a spot or unit that you don't have a decent fill in that matters.
Also I disagree that a month long injury is minor when your competition (for Seattle that would be the 49ers) is right there with you as far as talent goes. For the Broncos I could see it being no big deal, they were that much better then the next team in the division.

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Patriots win NFCW and AFCE I'm no homer so please

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not sure I am going to be able to meet you quite in the middle here though. Statisticians actually keep track of these things and Seattle did not have more injuries than most. In fact they finished in the top half of the league when it came to starters playing games. They also had only one starter put on IR for the season. Only one team had every starter make it through the season without being put on IR and that was Kansas City. Seattle is tied for 2nd for most starters still playing at the end of the year. So in reality Seattle was actually one of the more fortunate teams in the league when it came to injuries to starters. Now I will say Seattle was on the lower end of having guys actually start all 16 games but just goes to show most of their injuries were just a few weeks and minor compared to those losing starters for most of the season if not all.

I'd love to see that stat list if you have a link handy.

I think many have said Seattle was fortunate to have most of their key players back for the SB. Particularly their offensive line.

Still, they did have very key injuries throughout the season and a few self inflicted ones and STILL won HFA. That stretch through the middle of the season where 3 of their starting line were out and Wilson logged about 1000y running sideways for his life was huge. To not lose games at that time when they had lost both of their top WR's and 3/5 of their line was kind of big.

Browner was a big deal before his trouble with the law. Add in WT and that's 2 of their 3 main CB's out and it wasn't just for a game or two. That they didn't really miss a beat doesn't mean it wasn't big. It means they had the depth to overcome it.

Yes, other teams had some worse fortunes. No doubt. But they shouldn't be considered the healthiest team in the league simply because most of their injuries were recovered by the time of the SB. Hell, Percy not being back until the SB alone could have cost them the post season. 'The tip' might not have been a play had Percy or Sidney been healthy and their passing game more potent because of it.

No one knows who will be injured next season on any team. We know all teams will have some sort of injury and several with have big losses from it. It can bite anyone in the ass on any given year and I've said many many times it's more of a factor of who gets to the post season than almost any other single thing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not near a computer to talk about it but here is the link I was going off of...

Report: N.Y. Giants led NFL with 91 starter games lost to injury - NFL.com

Right, so if we go by that list Seattle was 14th in terms of INJURY lost games. Add in Browner missing 8, WT missing 4, and Irvin missing 4 and they would slide down to 23rd. Now, before you claim it was self inflicted and doesn't count I'll say it very much does. 3 idiots end up hurting their team by missing games and Seattle has to scramble to cover those valuable starting roles just the same as if they had injuries. Only difference is in the case of Irvin and Thurmond they knew exactly when they would return.

Sorry, but your stats actually prove Seattle had one of the worst seasons in the league when it comes to actual games missed by starting players. :clap:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Giants would of been contenders if they had good health. I don't think, barring ever real contender getting crushed with injuries.
Besides let me repeat myself, it's not injuries so much as having injuries with out a decent fill in. To be honest in a lot of cases the back ups may be just as good as the starter or not far from it. For most teams there is a unit that just doesn't have a good back up and the OL is one that most teams just don't have a lot good backups.

The saving grace of course is being head and shoulders over the next team and the sword above your head is when the next team is your evil twin and has about the same amount of talent.

It's not just about stats cdumler7, there is a lot of other factors that come in play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure most teams have at least one player get suspended so you can't just say Seattle is the only team and add theirs on but no other team. Sorry doesn't work that way wizard. Again not at my computer so can't research and again seattle's injuries were not season ending like that for a lot of teams. Only one player on IR at the end of the year that was a starter is just down right lucky. It means for the playoffs especially they had almost every starter on the field at pretty much full strength. Not many teams can come close to saying that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so we get dumped on hard core for the 'seadderal' bullshit and now we are nothing special when it comes to games missed for drugs? :lol:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those suspended games were the same as removing one full time starter for the ENTIRE regular season.

Go show me where any other team had that many. I'll be waiting...

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so we get dumped on hard core for the 'seadderal' bullshit and now we are nothing special when it comes to games missed for drugs? :lol:

I've had the pleasure of living in winning in NFL, NBA and MLB Championship cities up and down the west coast: Los Angeles Dodgers, LA Raiders, LA Lakers, Oakland Raiders, Golden State Warriors and now Seattle Seahawks. I also grew up in Chicago, so I can also claim 6 NBAs, 1 Bears and 1 Whites Sox championship.
Go White Sox !!!!

People take shots at champions because the haters are jealous flaccid shits with nothing else to do.

Enjoy the moment Seahawks fans, you deserve it and nothing they can say or do can take it away from you.

Russell Wilson is the best QB in the NFL right now.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had the pleasure of living in winning in NFL, NBA and MLB Championship cities up and down the west coast: Los Angeles Dodgers, LA Raiders, LA Lakers, Oakland Raiders, Golden State Warriors and now Seattle Seahawks. I also grew up in Chicago, so I can also claim 6 NBAs, 1 Bears and 1 Whites Sox championship.
Go White Sox !!!!

People take shots at champions because the haters are jealous flaccid shits with nothing else to do.

Enjoy the moment Seahawks fans, you deserve it and nothing they can say or do can take it away from you.

Russell Wilson is the best QB in the NFL right now.

I specifically disown any association with the SF Giants and SF 49ers championships .