• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the NFC West this year?

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny but I would bet the farm that either one of those teams not only wins division but most likely SB too

The 9ers arent even top 2 in their own division much less the nfc. They wont be winning any SB anytime soon

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now have to say 49ers if I was to actually put down any kind of money. I like what they did this off season through FA, Trades, and the Draft. I also like the fact that they were able to Red Shirt some players last year that I think can make a big impact this year. My big question for them is the pass rush with Aldon Smith's future a bit up in the air but at the same time I like some of the back ups they have. Secondary leaves a bit to be desired as well but the offense should be even more improved over last year. Kaep seriously has no excuses if he does not succeed this season. He has probably the best set of weapons around him of any quarterback in the league including OL, WR, TE, and RB.

As others have said we have no clue on injuries or just how the ball might bounce for a couple of the teams. There really is a bit of luck involved. I mean when over half the games in the NFL are decided by 7 points or less that means most games come down to a play or two making all the difference.

So if I were to rank them 1-4 I would go...

1. San Fran
2. St. Louis (I know this one will be controversial but will explain below)
3. Seattle
4. Arizona

St. Louis being 2nd is for a couple of reasons. I think the offense has enough weapons and if Sam Bradford can stay healthy this year (I know big if but I am banking that he will and will have a good year) the offense should be decent enough to keep them in almost every game. Next is that DL of theirs is probably the scariest in the NFL and it isn't even close. I was a big Aaron Donald fan before the draft so them adding him to an already ridiculous group should make them that much more deadly this year. Quarterbacks are going to hate playing the Rams this year.

That actually is my bold prediction for the year is that the Rams take 2nd in the NFC West.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now have to say 49ers if I was to actually put down any kind of money. I like what they did this off season through FA, Trades, and the Draft. I also like the fact that they were able to Red Shirt some players last year that I think can make a big impact this year. My big question for them is the pass rush with Aldon Smith's future a bit up in the air but at the same time I like some of the back ups they have. Secondary leaves a bit to be desired as well but the offense should be even more improved over last year. Kaep seriously has no excuses if he does not succeed this season. He has probably the best set of weapons around him of any quarterback in the league including OL, WR, TE, and RB.

As others have said we have no clue on injuries or just how the ball might bounce for a couple of the teams. There really is a bit of luck involved. I mean when over half the games in the NFL are decided by 7 points or less that means most games come down to a play or two making all the difference.

So if I were to rank them 1-4 I would go...

1. San Fran
2. St. Louis (I know this one will be controversial but will explain below)
3. Seattle
4. Arizona

St. Louis being 2nd is for a couple of reasons. I think the offense has enough weapons and if Sam Bradford can stay healthy this year (I know big if but I am banking that he will and will have a good year) the offense should be decent enough to keep them in almost every game. Next is that DL of theirs is probably the scariest in the NFL and it isn't even close. I was a big Aaron Donald fan before the draft so them adding him to an already ridiculous group should make them that much more deadly this year. Quarterbacks are going to hate playing the Rams this year.

That actually is my bold prediction for the year is that the Rams take 2nd in the NFC West.

O boy! I've got to bookmark this thread. You really should be listening to what Clayton has to say about his Rams. He's a Ram fan and has a solid idea about just how good his team is. It really doesn't surprise me to see you picking the Seahawks to come in third, heck I would not be surprised to see you pick the Seahawks to come in last. You like to think your unbiased, but your not.

Any ways I've bookmarked this thread.

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very improbable that the Hawks stay on top of the division this year. Look at the NFC East. It was a power division a couple years ago. Now they are lucky to get one team in the playoffs.

Needless to say, I am a Rams fan and admittedly I speak with a great deal of hope and through some very rose colored glasses. But I see Fisher making the running game a huge part of this teams' script this year. He has a deep backfield and can rotate these guys. There are two names that I think you will hear this year. They are Quick, a first round pick a few years ago, and Austin, another first round pick. If these guys can play to their potential, and Fisher can make his running game work....the Rams could be formidable. But the Hawks still have a solid base and the 49ers can still beat anyone in the NFL when they are humming. The Cards could take the next step into the playoffs this year.

Can three of the four teams make the playoffs?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O boy! I've got to bookmark this thread. You really should be listening to what Clayton has to say about his Rams. He's a Ram fan and has a solid idea about just how good his team is. It really doesn't surprise me to see you picking the Seahawks to come in third, heck I would not be surprised to see you pick the Seahawks to come in last. You like to think your unbiased, but your not.

Any ways I've bookmarked this thread.

That is fine bookmark away. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong and if Seattle comes out on top again then I will have no problem saying nice job to them. They are a great team and definitely have a top-3 roster in the NFL this season. I have a few reasons for thinking Seattle is going to have some fall off. The first being the NFC just looks brutal this year. Lots of tough defenses and some teams that I think improved quite a bit over last year. Even getting to the playoffs this year in the NFC is going to be quite the accomplishment especially if you are a team in the NFC West.

2nd and I know this will be the point that is argued the most as it is projecting quite a bit but I do see Seattle sustaining more key injuries this year than last. They got pretty fortunate that Percy Harvin was really the only key player to miss much time on the field. I don't see them being as fortunate with how many extra games they had to play than other teams last year plus just the brutal defenses they will be playing week in and week out. Injuries are impossible to predict so I could be completely off and Seattle does just fine.

3rd in Super Bowl champs quickly become the team many focus on a little more for preparation than in other years. Nothing quite like unseating the Champs. They are going to get the best of most teams this year compared to any other year in their history.

Again if Seattle proves me wrong that is fine. And maybe I am being a bit biased but isn't every fan? There is no way to stay completely unbiased in a discussion. Again I have no problem eating my crow at the end of the season if Seattle proves me wrong.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also about the Rams fan not predicting his team to do well this year I know plenty of Bronco fans that don't expect the Broncos to be good this year either. Everybody has an opinion and depending what you see in certain parts of the team it will sway a person one way or another. I respect any fan that sees anything anyway as long as they have some kind of logic to back it up. For me I look at the Rams DL and improved OL and see a team that can win in the trenches. Others might look at Sam Bradford and see a guy that probably won't make it through the season or won't live up to expectations. Every team has some faults in them and depending what you are looking at it will sway how you think about a certain team.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very improbable that the Hawks stay on top of the division this year. Look at the NFC East. It was a power division a couple years ago. Now they are lucky to get one team in the playoffs.

Needless to say, I am a Rams fan and admittedly I speak with a great deal of hope and through some very rose colored glasses. But I see Fisher making the running game a huge part of this teams' script this year. He has a deep backfield and can rotate these guys. There are two names that I think you will hear this year. They are Quick, a first round pick a few years ago, and Austin, another first round pick. If these guys can play to their potential, and Fisher can make his running game work....the Rams could be formidable. But the Hawks still have a solid base and the 49ers can still beat anyone in the NFL when they are humming. The Cards could take the next step into the playoffs this year.

Can three of the four teams make the playoffs?

When was the NFCE a power division? Outside the Giants that division has been average for a decade.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fine bookmark away. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong and if Seattle comes out on top again then I will have no problem saying nice job to them. They are a great team and definitely have a top-3 roster in the NFL this season. I have a few reasons for thinking Seattle is going to have some fall off. The first being the NFC just looks brutal this year. Lots of tough defenses and some teams that I think improved quite a bit over last year. Even getting to the playoffs this year in the NFC is going to be quite the accomplishment especially if you are a team in the NFC West.

2nd and I know this will be the point that is argued the most as it is projecting quite a bit but I do see Seattle sustaining more key injuries this year than last. They got pretty fortunate that Percy Harvin was really the only key player to miss much time on the field. I don't see them being as fortunate with how many extra games they had to play than other teams last year plus just the brutal defenses they will be playing week in and week out. Injuries are impossible to predict so I could be completely off and Seattle does just fine.

3rd in Super Bowl champs quickly become the team many focus on a little more for preparation than in other years. Nothing quite like unseating the Champs. They are going to get the best of most teams this year compared to any other year in their history.

Again if Seattle proves me wrong that is fine. And maybe I am being a bit biased but isn't every fan? There is no way to stay completely unbiased in a discussion. Again I have no problem eating my crow at the end of the season if Seattle proves me wrong.

True the NFC has some good teams, but I see the Seahawks and 49ers being a cut above others. These two teams have stock pile talent thru out their roster. That's not to say they are with out weaknesses. For the Seahawks it would be the OL. For the 49ers the corners and the fact that two of there best defensive players will be missing time at the start of the season( Bowman and Aldon Smith).

As far as injuries go, unless it's Russell Wilson for a extended time or multi OL the Seahawks can sustain injuries. Depth, the Seahawks went without Harvin last year and had a boat load of injuries to the OL. The important thing IMO is to have a half way healthy OL going into the playoffs and a healthy Russell Wilson. If these two things happen, then I see the Seahawks repeating.

Of course I'm looking thru rose colored glasses, but I really don't think I'm to far off the mark.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle had injuries last year, and will probably have some next year. Just like every team. I fail to see how this is some kind of advantage for every other team.

As far as being tough to repeat, is it really any tougher than any other team winning it all? I mean plenty of people think the Broncos could win it, right? Well, when was the last time the team that lost the SB went in to win it the next year? 40 years ago? Does history dictate their future too?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking key injuries though. Say Sherman or Thomas go down on defense. Yes there is still plenty of talent but we are talking All-Pro type players. Look at the Broncos and Patriots last year where they lost All-Pro players. Yes a team can overcome them but it definitely makes life a lot more difficult.

Also I agree the Broncos getting back to the Super Bowl looks tough. Both Seattle and Denver have very difficult paths to get back to the top. I wouldn't be surprised if either won it but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if both get bumped early in the playoffs. Can't remember how long it has been but it has been quite a few years since a Super Bowl Champ has even won a playoff game after winning the Super Bowl. Losing the Super Bowl is not quite to that level but close. Like you said it has been years since somebody won it after losing it.

This is exactly why I am predicting Seattle to slide a bit. Dynasties are downright almost impossible these days. Now yes if any team could do it Seattle has to be a top contender. They have a lot of young talent, good coaching staff, good quarterback, and so much more. There are a lot of great teams in the NFL though that all if things go right this next season stand a very good chance of winning it all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking key injuries though. Say Sherman or Thomas go down on defense. Yes there is still plenty of talent but we are talking All-Pro type players. Look at the Broncos and Patriots last year where they lost All-Pro players. Yes a team can overcome them but it definitely makes life a lot more difficult.

Also I agree the Broncos getting back to the Super Bowl looks tough. Both Seattle and Denver have very difficult paths to get back to the top. I wouldn't be surprised if either won it but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if both get bumped early in the playoffs. Can't remember how long it has been but it has been quite a few years since a Super Bowl Champ has even won a playoff game after winning the Super Bowl. Losing the Super Bowl is not quite to that level but close. Like you said it has been years since somebody won it after losing it.

This is exactly why I am predicting Seattle to slide a bit. Dynasties are downright almost impossible these days. Now yes if any team could do it Seattle has to be a top contender. They have a lot of young talent, good coaching staff, good quarterback, and so much more. There are a lot of great teams in the NFL though that all if things go right this next season stand a very good chance of winning it all.

I truely think the Seahawks could survive a injury to Sherman, Thomas would be a bit tougher, but I think the Seahawks would survive it. Now if both got hurt...that would be bad news.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truely think the Seahawks could survive a injury to Sherman, Thomas would be a bit tougher, but I think the Seahawks would survive it. Now if both got hurt...that would be bad news.

Yeah I think they could survive one of the two. Broncos lost 2 All-Pros in Miller and Clady and it definitely showed in the Super Bowl how much they needed them. Not saying they win with those two back but they would have helped to maybe make it respectable

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also about the Rams fan not predicting his team to do well this year I know plenty of Bronco fans that don't expect the Broncos to be good this year either. Everybody has an opinion and depending what you see in certain parts of the team it will sway a person one way or another. I respect any fan that sees anything anyway as long as they have some kind of logic to back it up. For me I look at the Rams DL and improved OL and see a team that can win in the trenches. Others might look at Sam Bradford and see a guy that probably won't make it through the season or won't live up to expectations. Every team has some faults in them and depending what you are looking at it will sway how you think about a certain team.
One piece of optimism the Rams have is that they have the most hidden potential. Like the Seahawks, they are very young. Tavon Austin could be better. Givens could be a lot better. Quick could be better. Bradford has also had very little time in his career with an oline and weapons and he should have an oline next year. I also think Shaun Hill is a better backup QB than Clemens. Last year the Rams were a mess in the secondary. They changed defensive coordinators and theyll see what they can salvage. Getting rid of Finnegan is addition by subtraction. The dline is the strength of the team but they need to figure out how to cover #1 WRs and screen passes. Brockers could be even better. Ogletree could be even better. Donald might make a difference. Lots of upside with the Rams. I absolutely think they can be competitive but they have to show it week in and week out. I'm expecting 8-8 but I could see as high as 11-5 happening and as low as 6-10.

The Cardinals made their move last year. They now have Washington out and Fitz and Palmer have another year under the belt which isnt a good thing. I think they'll beat people up and they have a shot at the playoffs but no chance at a Super Bowl.

One thing people arent mentioning is that Russell Wilson and Kaepernick could both get better next year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Difference with Seattle though compared to teams that have won it all the last decade or so is Seattle's youth... There a young hungry team... Seattle has a chance to actually be better this upcoming year compared to last.... Russ has another year under his belt... Defense lost a couple aging vets but has depth and without a doubt the best secondary in the league with youth all over the place... Only real issue is the O-line and how that can come together ... I have faith in Tom Cable though...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wipe all slates clean and just look at roster and coaching.
I think Seattle is tops here.
Now look at recent history and the trend of the team and again it is hard to beat Seattle.
I think the Seahawk D will be = to last year.
I think the Seahawk O will be slightly > than last year.
ST's should be = to last year with better KR's and a slight dropoff on PR's.

If the team avoids a slew of major problems, they win the West again next year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One piece of optimism the Rams have is that they have the most hidden potential. Like the Seahawks, they are very young. Tavon Austin could be better. Givens could be a lot better. Quick could be better. Bradford has also had very little time in his career with an oline and weapons and he should have an oline next year. I also think Shaun Hill is a better backup QB than Clemens. Last year the Rams were a mess in the secondary. They changed defensive coordinators and theyll see what they can salvage. Getting rid of Finnegan is addition by subtraction. The dline is the strength of the team but they need to figure out how to cover #1 WRs and screen passes. Brockers could be even better. Ogletree could be even better. Donald might make a difference. Lots of upside with the Rams. I absolutely think they can be competitive but they have to show it week in and week out. I'm expecting 8-8 but I could see as high as 11-5 happening and as low as 6-10.

The Cardinals made their move last year. They now have Washington out and Fitz and Palmer have another year under the belt which isnt a good thing. I think they'll beat people up and they have a shot at the playoffs but no chance at a Super Bowl.

One thing people arent mentioning is that Russell Wilson and Kaepernick could both get better next year.

All good points. For me I see the high upside of the Rams where others don't. I might be a year too fast in this prediction but I just like what they have done in FA and the Draft to really build this team up with some great young talent. If Bradford can even be just above average this season I think they can make some noise.

Really at this point I wouldn't be surprised by any of the NFC West teams making the playoffs this next year. They all have some great parts to them and some major weaknesses that could hurt them. Just like most teams in the league but most teams in the league don't have a division quite like the NFC West either though.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the NFCE a power division? Outside the Giants that division has been average for a decade.

Agreed, it's been quite awhile since multiple NFCE teams have been excellent simultaneously.

I see the point being that the NFCE really is the only 'power house' division that has ruled the NFL for a solid time period. A lot of that is a function of the teams having all been around for awhile and in large markets, with money and star players involved.

No other division can really claim that. Most have had only one team dominate within the division, not multiple teams. The number of SBs involved support this.

NFC west could easily join those ranks with a few more years of dominance in the league.

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Comments! The next SB winner could very well come from the NFC West.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The division should be fun to watch and I really wouldn't consider any of the teams in it winning it to be a big surprise.

I'd be surprised if Seattle or San Fran doesn't win the division. We've both been the best teams in the division since 2011 and were the two best teams in football last year.

If one of our teams doesn't win the NFCW it will be a big surprise.

Not saying that the Ram or Cards couldn't win in just about any other division (except maybe the NFCN and AFCW), just that they won't win in ours.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would surprised if the Seahawks didn't win the division by a wider margin than the NFCW division winners had the previous two years combined.