• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the NFC West this year?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you right now, Seattle finishes 3rd in their division. I don't want to go to a stupid money website, I have plenty. What I'd like to wager is not having to read your idiotic posts for a year. Take the bet or STFU

I think you are trolling to the 12th power, but I will bite a bit and ask if you wish to debate whether or not Seattle wins the division. If so, please start this debate off with your primary reason why Seattle will finish 3rd in the NFCW. I will answer.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical class from Seahawk Nation. I understand your butthurt towards the Cowboys, 1 for 2 in Super Bowls looks like so much Gerbil Shit when stacked up against 5 for 8. The league will have your munchkin QB and drugged D figured out this season, and the Seahawks will be back to being the Charmin of franchises

If we could all be as classy as you :lol:

How does it feel that the owner of your team is such a prima donna that he fires any coach that wins a S.B for him? That same owner/GM now has such a man crush on Tony Romo that despite MULTIPLE failures since 2006, he's still sticking with him? I feel sorry for you. As long as Jerry is running your team, the Cowboys are nothing more than a stepping stone for the Giants, Eagles, or Redskins.

Snack on that!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice vid and quite appropriate for this thread.

TY and now I think I'm gonna buy me some Rhode Island reds. Should be easy seeing I live there. Do I look like a chicken fucker Uhsplit?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizard, Jake, don't waste your time with this troll. If he isn't flaming the Seahawks, he is most likely pleasuring himself in front of a Tony Romo poster. Wait, I forgot, he's 40. Make that a picture of Jerry Jones. <Shiver>

Trust me, I'm not trying to fix stupid. I'm simply toying around with my prey before eating it.

:suds:

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could all be as classy as you :lol:

How does it feel that the owner of your team is such a prima donna that he fires any coach that wins a S.B for him? That same owner/GM now has such a man crush on Tony Romo that despite MULTIPLE failures since 2006, he's still sticking with him? I feel sorry for you. As long as Jerry is running your team, the Cowboys are nothing more than a stepping stone for the Giants, Eagles, or Redskins.

Snack on that!

Tony Romo is not the reason they lose at all. And as bad as that division is the Cowboys have been one win away from winning the division the last 3 years. Sad but true LOL

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TY and now I think I'm gonna buy me some Rhode Island reds. Should be easy seeing I live there. Do I look like a chicken fucker Uhsplit?

Yeah, the guy in your avatar looks like he has banged a coupla chicks.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the guy in your avatar looks like he has banged a coupla chicks.

Do I like frustrated to you? Guy in AV has banged out more than chickens. Banged out least 20 guys permanently if you get my drift

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are trolling to the 12th power, but I will bite a bit and ask if you wish to debate whether or not Seattle wins the division. If so, please start this debate off with your primary reason why Seattle will finish 3rd in the NFCW. I will answer.

Sure. There are several reasons, primary would be that your two main competitors in the West got better while the Seahawks did not. The Niners had a very good draft and got help in a trade for Stevie Johnson. The Rams had a draft to rival the one the Seahawks had a couple of years ago when they landed Wilson, Wagner, Turbin, etc. Even the Cards, who have some serious questions at LB now, will get a boost in basically getting two #1's this year, since last year's #1 Jon Cooper missed the entire season. That will make their OL, much better, the Rams added Greg Robinson up front and Tre Mason to the backfield, and then there are the 9er's, with maybe the best OL in the league, and a stable of running backs, including Marcus Lattimore, who basically redshirted last season. The focus on OL and running games is because that's where Seattle took the biggest offseason hit, losing two strong DL in FA.
Saying the Seahawks will finish 3rd in the West isn't saying they will go 6-10. Last season, 3rd place was 10-6. This year, the Seahawks have a target on their backs, a first place schedule(yes, I know it's only a couple of tougher games, but that's all we're talking about), and a couple of much improved clubs in their Division. If the Seahawks weakness, it's their OL, and now, with SF adding a terrific Safety in Jimmie Ward to add to Eric Reid from last year, and an always stout front 7, and with St Louis having potentially the best front 4 in the NFL in the last 10 years, their opponents strengths match their weaknesses.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where it all depends on what you see in a team. UK Cowboy actually brings up some decent points. At the same time Seattle had some DL players pretty much red shirt last year in Jordan Hill and Jesse Williams. Hard to know what they bring to the table but with Seattle letting McDonald go so easily it makes me think they trust them to do pretty well. So while Seattle wasn't the best against the run last year (if the defense had a weakness I guess you could say the run game was it but even there it was a top-10 unit) they were still formidable and should do well again this year.

Also with all the NFC West teams they all have a weakness that could lead to them losing the division. For Seattle honestly the OL has to be the biggest concern. Can't be much worse than last year though and they still won the Super Bowl with that unit.

For San Fran it has to be the secondary. The Corner position is just full of question marks. Reid was impressive as a rookie but every other position is up for grabs at this point.

Arizona...With losing both starting ILB's from last season they have a huge hole in the middle of the defense to fill. Throw in Palmer is about as inconsistent as you get at quarterback.

St. Louis...Still no clue what type of quarterback Sam Bradford is at this point. Secondary was all over the place last year of decent games with some really bad games.

Obviously we could do this for every team in the league. They all have reasons why they could win the division this year and reasons why they could be bottom of the division as well. Throw in we haven't even gotten to the point of seeing who will be that injured team that showed promise but just couldn't overcome losing key players.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK That's a far cry from your normal bullshit of 'everyone on that team is overrated' as your reasoning. If you'd try more civilized conversations you wouldn't find yourself getting smacked around so much.

Question is how long until he goes back to that?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how can anyone honestly say that a team had a good draft and they havent even played a snap yet and if you plan on relying on your rookies to win games against us then your going to lose same with any good team in the NFL the hawks barely even played our 2013 draft class. people say the 49ers added stevie johnson that doesnt change who is throwing the ball besides didnt you see what we did to the #1 passing attack last season on a neutral field? What about navarro bowman is he going to be the same coming off that gruesome injury? frank gore is coming up in age will he have a 1000 yard season?

every team got questions you cant put the seahawks in 3rd place all because the rams got greg robinson and tre mason

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue this question of Seattle not getting better.

Harvin and a healthy Rice plus the potential of Richardson over the loss of Tate. No doubt he made plays, but we haven't even tapped into the true Harvin game yet. Add Norwood and it's hard to say that they didn't add depth and big play potential after Tate left.

They lost Red and Clemons up front on the D, but kept the core of Bennett and Avril. Some might question their depth there, but the starters are every bit as solid as last year. And no one in their right mind is questioning the back 7 on D.

They didn't lose anything at TE, RB, or their core special teams.

That leaves the O line. They dumped two of their weaker performers off that line and kept the guys who filled in for those injuries. A few rough games early for both of them, but they were playing much better by the time their counterparts returned. Unless they have crazy bad luck on the line again I don't think anyone believes it will be as bad as last year.

Again, on paper they pretty much stayed the same in most departments outside of WR where they got a sizable set of upgrades including one that was already on the team but was injured all year.

But yes, ON PAPER the other teams in the division did get some upgrades here and there. I'll remind you that many/most are unproven rookies. How many highly touted rookies are busts or at least underachieve in the NFL?

Let's just wait for them to play the games before we write off anyone. Injuries could derail any of the teams in this division just like every division in the league.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. UK Cowboy? That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection. OVERRULED!

My+Cousin+Vinny.jpg

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. There are several reasons, primary would be that your two main competitors in the West got better while the Seahawks did not. The Niners had a very good draft and got help in a trade for Stevie Johnson. The Rams had a draft to rival the one the Seahawks had a couple of years ago when they landed Wilson, Wagner, Turbin, etc. Even the Cards, who have some serious questions at LB now, will get a boost in basically getting two #1's this year, since last year's #1 Jon Cooper missed the entire season. That will make their OL, much better, the Rams added Greg Robinson up front and Tre Mason to the backfield, and then there are the 9er's, with maybe the best OL in the league, and a stable of running backs, including Marcus Lattimore, who basically redshirted last season. The focus on OL and running games is because that's where Seattle took the biggest offseason hit, losing two strong DL in FA.
Saying the Seahawks will finish 3rd in the West isn't saying they will go 6-10. Last season, 3rd place was 10-6. This year, the Seahawks have a target on their backs, a first place schedule(yes, I know it's only a couple of tougher games, but that's all we're talking about), and a couple of much improved clubs in their Division. If the Seahawks weakness, it's their OL, and now, with SF adding a terrific Safety in Jimmie Ward to add to Eric Reid from last year, and an always stout front 7, and with St Louis having potentially the best front 4 in the NFL in the last 10 years, their opponents strengths match their weaknesses.

I think that the Seahawks offense have the personnel to be a lot more versatile and explosive this year as compared to last year. Assuming that Harvin gets significant snaps, the receiving corps should be much more dangerous, with Harvin able to stretch the field horizontally and Richardson able to stretch the field vertically. Add in the quickness/hands/route-running of Baldwin, a healthy Sidney Rice as a tall-body possession receiver, and a 4.51/40 guy as a second-year TE (Luke Willson), and the Hawks have a stable of receiving weapons with a variety of skills which, as a corps, definitely will be much faster this year. Then with Christine Michael getting a lot more snaps, they will add an explosive element in the backfield on both running and passing downs. Their O-Line should be better this year if only because, with the slew of injuries it endured last year, it's hard to see how it could get worse. Plus, their O-Line coach has been very optimistic about both returning guards, with Carpenter in the best shape of his career because he wasn't rehabbing through the whole off-season, and Sweezy apparently more solid as well. And finally, Russell Wilson not only has another year of experience/learning under his belt, but will have considerably better options to turn to when defenses explicitly scheme to contain him in the pocket. He didn't have Harvin, Richardson, or Michaels getting snaps when teams brought serious pressure. Now defenses are going to have to pick their poison more-- if they load the box to stop Lynch and/or contain the running threat of Wilson on the read-option, Wilson has play-makers available in space. And if they don't contain Wilson in the pocket, and let him buy time scrambling, then he's got Harvin to look for, Richardson to look for, etc.

All of this to say that in my opinion the Hawks offense, on paper at least, did improve significantly since last year. And the defense should be fine again-- I don't think they lost anyone that they didn't believe they can effectively replace.

Still, the division top-to-bottom should be a serious grind, with any one of the four teams able to take it if things really go their way.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how can anyone honestly say that a team had a good draft and they havent even played a snap yet and if you plan on relying on your rookies to win games against us then your going to lose same with any good team in the NFL the hawks barely even played our 2013 draft class. people say the 49ers added stevie johnson that doesnt change who is throwing the ball besides didnt you see what we did to the #1 passing attack last season on a neutral field? What about navarro bowman is he going to be the same coming off that gruesome injury? frank gore is coming up in age will he have a 1000 yard season?

every team got questions you cant put the seahawks in 3rd place all because the rams got greg robinson and tre mason

Besides Greg Robinson and Tre Mason, they added Kenny Britt. When Bradford went down after 6 games, he was at 14 TD's and 4 picks. He has to stay healthy. That would be a good off season in my book. However, they added Aaron Donald and LaMarcus Joyner to their D as well. Donald, added to their already stout line, could make them a game changer, because they already had 40+ sacks up front without him. Their DL is going to make their solid LB's and average secondary both better. Even the addition of Michael Sam, which looks like so much pub, might work out well. Getting the SEC sack leader in the 7th round is a worthy gamble IMO.

As to the 9er's, Aldon Smith and Navarro are questions for sure. But they are still strong on D, and besides Gore, they have four other quality backs. They are going to cut someone who will make a 53 somewhere. They have a great OL, and added Stevie Johnson, and whether you think he's a Dick or not, they have one Helluva Coach

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good answer. I knew you had it in you.
You mention both the Rams and SF as teams to overtake Seattle. Good points. Yet, you rely too much on unproven talents, just as I do as a Seahawk fan.
Essentially, the Seahawks are intact from last year. Seattle has added some things and lost some things. I expect those to equal out and the roster is top of the NFL.
Yes, Seattle's past weakness has been the OL. I expect the Seattle OL to be = or > than last year and Seattle won a SB with that OL.
The Rams won't get it because they don't have a leader at QB.
I expect SF to take a small step back, but will still take 2nd in the NFCW. There are many reason's why SF could drop off defensively (Bowman, A Smith, J Smith).
AZ third.