• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't be willing to eat enough of that contract to make it worth my while, not that they have to make it worth my while

Just depends on how much they would eat?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add James Shields to the mix. According to mlbtraderumors:

The Angels aren’t the only team in pursuit of James Shields. The Rangers and Dodgers have also made the Rays trade offers for the right-hander, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add James Shields to the mix. According to mlbtraderumors:

The Angels aren’t the only team in pursuit of James Shields. The Rangers and Dodgers have also made the Rays trade offers for the right-hander, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports.

No thanks, he's just not that good, unless he can be had for cheap, which I doubt

But he is a workhorse

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he finish 3rd in the CY voting last season?

Have you looked at his numbers this year, or the year before last, or the year before that?

Last season looks like the outlier, and I could care less what he did last year, it has ZERO bearing on this year

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big no to "Big Game James". We don't need to give up prospects for that Jersey Shore wannabe. I still remember him acting like a clown from the top steps of the dugout and mocking the Rangers players in the ALDS in 2010. He's an innings-eater with above average stuff, nothing more. We already have 3-4 pitchers who are just as good or better.

Rangers need a true proven ace who can take the ball in a decisive game or else they should just stick with what they have now.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you looked at his numbers this year, or the year before last, or the year before that?

Last season looks like the outlier, and I could care less what he did last year, it has ZERO bearing on this year

CAREER:

80 wins, 69 losses, 16 CG, 6 SHO's, 4.00 ERA.

not the best but not bad.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAREER:

Any pitcher with a career 4.00 era is no ace. We don't need to be giving up prospects for a pitcher who's "not bad". We need an ace or stand pat. I swear you just want Texas to make a move for the sake of making a move.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big no to "Big Game James". We don't need to give up prospects for that Jersey Shore wannabe. I still remember him acting like a clown from the top steps of the dugout and mocking the Rangers players in the ALDS in 2010. He's an innings-eater with above average stuff, nothing more. We already have 3-4 pitchers who are just as good or better.

Rangers need a true proven ace who can take the ball in a decisive game or else they should just stick with what they have now.

no argument about him but we have 3 pitchers in holland, yu & harrison that are as good but then what? last time i check you needed at least 4 better than average starters and 1 good starter to compete. which is why teams like the Angels, the Dodgers, Cardinals and the Tigers are still looking to up-grade their starting staffs.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any pitcher with a career 4.00 era is no ace. We don't need to be giving up prospects for a pitcher who's "not bad". We need an ace or stand pat. I swear you just want Texas to make a move for the sake of making a move.

No i don't want the team to make a move just to make a move, i want the team to continue on with what they've accomplished the last 2 seasons not say "well we made it to the WS 2 years in a row so we can stand still and be happy".

but you're right let's not do anything, hang onto to all our "prospects" and wait for that "ACE" to come along and fall into our lap.

btw, i am not pushing for Shields all i did was add the note that the Rangers had add him to their list of pitchers they were interested in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CAREER:

Would love for LAA to spend their talent to get Shields. He's 3-2 with a 4.11ERA against TEX in Arlington.

They get him they also pick up his $9MM and $12MM options for 2013 and 14. Think he's worth that money as a #4?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers are only rumored for Shields to drive up his price... IMO.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love for LAA to spend their talent to get Shields. He's 3-2 with a 4.11ERA against TEX in Arlington.

They get him they also pick up his $9MM and $12MM options for 2013 and 14. Think he's worth that money as a #4?

nope but then again i don't think that any player is worth the millions they earn.

like i said in my previous post: i only posted that the Rangers had added him to their pitchers of interest and then posted his record as an after thought.

Do i think the Rangers need a 4th pitcher to complement Holland, Darvish & Harrison? YES and i don't believe Oswalt, Feldman or Perez fill that bill. and Ogando is not ready to be stretched out.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No i don't want the team to make a move just to make a move, i want the team to continue on with what they've accomplished the last 2 seasons not say "well we made it to the WS 2 years in a row so we can stand still and be happy".

but you're right let's not do anything, hang onto to all our "prospects" and wait for that "ACE" to come along and fall into our lap.

btw, i am not pushing for Shields all i did was add the note that the Rangers had add him to their list of pitchers they were interested in.

I never said lets not do anything. I've pushed hard for cliff lee. There's no sense in making a lateral move though and you seem to think a lateral move is better than no move at all.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope but then again i don't think that any player is worth the millions they earn.

like i said in my previous post: i only posted that the Rangers had added him to their pitchers of interest and then posted his record as an after thought.

Do i think the Rangers need a 4th pitcher to complement Holland, Darvish & Harrison? YES and i don't believe Oswalt, Feldman or Perez fill that bill. and Ogando is not ready to be stretched out.

Keep in mind, this isn't about the regular season but the playoffs and there is plenty of time to stretch out Ogando between now and the playoffs

That said, I wouldn't mind making a deal for a pitcher, but that pitcher is not James Shields, great for the regular season b/c he's not terrible and chews up innings and saves your bullpen, but postseason wise? NO thanks

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said lets not do anything. I've pushed hard for cliff lee. There's no sense in making a lateral move though and you seem to think a lateral move is better than no move at all.

I thought hard about Cliff Lee, and that contract length and amount are just a deal-breaker for me,

I don't even care that we almost signed him a couple years ago, we've moved on