• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newburg piece finally arrived, but nothing earth shattering in there. Interesting that he is talking about a Profar return. I don't remember him even discussing anything about a Profar trade, but he did briefly today.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newburg piece finally arrived, but nothing earth shattering in there. Interesting that he is talking about a Profar return. I don't remember him even discussing anything about a Profar trade, but he did briefly today.

There was a blip about it on twitter / the radio yesterday.... reason why it was mentioned.

He's slacked off the past year or so with the COFFEY's. Remember one hit my inbox at least once a week in previous years. Main reason why I signed up for the Report. Not so much lately. :/

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you trade him for either Cliff Lee under contract thru 2015 with a team option for 2016 or Josh Johnson under contract thru next season?

Any deal for Johnson would have to include Olt, they have a gaping hole at 3B with no one in the minors to fill it, any deal for Johnson starts with him, then probably a B level pitcher like Neil Ramirez, Justin Grimm, or anyone not named Perez or Buckel (in my eyes), and then maybe 1 more 3rd tier prospect like Leury Garcia/Luis Sardinas/Engel Beltre

the saving grace is that with Johnson's injury history and large contract figure for next year, it drives down the price, and they just traded Hanley Ramirez for peanuts, which makes them look desperate to shed money

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any deal for Johnson would have to include Olt, they have a gaping hole at 3B with no one in the minors to fill it, any deal for Johnson starts with him, then probably a B level pitcher like Neil Ramirez, Justin Grimm, or anyone not named Perez or Buckel (in my eyes), and then maybe 1 more 3rd tier prospect like Leury Garcia/Luis Sardinas/Engel Beltre

the saving grace is that with Johnson's injury history and large contract figure for next year, it drives down the price, and they just traded Hanley Ramirez for peanuts, which makes them look desperate to shed money

And with that reduced price, I would think an Olt for Johnson straight up swap would be nearly doable. Probably with some lesser minor leaguers just so it doesn't appear 1:1, but the only big name headed out would be Olt.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with that reduced price, I would think an Olt for Johnson straight up swap would be nearly doable. Probably with some lesser minor leaguers just so it doesn't appear 1:1, but the only big name headed out would be Olt.

Agreed, Maybe Olt + Borbon as they do need some immediate OF help while the young guys develop (they have a TON of really young OF prospects who are at least a year away), and then I would imagine the would want a pitcher with some upside, don't think you're going to get by without at least throwing in a Blake beavan type

Push come to shove I think thats a pretty good deal for both sides, even if all Johnson gives you is a solid and completely healthy 2012 and playoff run, you'd pay that much plus maybe more for just a couple months of Greinke

Then you still have him for 2013 and can decide from there whether to re-sign him (they shouldn't and probably wouldn't)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, Maybe Olt + Borbon as they do need some immediate OF help while the young guys develop (they have a TON of really young OF prospects who are at least a year away), and then I would imagine the would want a pitcher with some upside, don't think you're going to get by without at least throwing in a Blake beavan type

Push come to shove I think thats a pretty good deal for both sides, even if all Johnson gives you is a solid and completely healthy 2012 and playoff run, you'd pay that much plus maybe more for just a couple months of Greinke

Then you still have him for 2013 and can decide from there whether to re-sign him (they shouldn't and probably wouldn't)

agree with your assessment of what the deal could be.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That all sounds about right.

Did you see the rumor about the Phillie-Reds trade offer that the Reds turned down? Philly offered up Victorino for Logan Ondrusek. Yeah, a middle of the pack reliever.

I'd have Philly's GM on the phone and trying to work Lee and Shane from them. If they need BP help, we always have Koji :)

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you see the rumor about the Phillie-Reds trade offer that the Reds turned down? Philly offered up Victorino for Logan Ondrusek. Yeah, a middle of the pack reliever.

I'd have Philly's GM on the phone and trying to work Lee and Shane from them. If they need BP help, we always have Koji :)

Honestly I have no desire to be tied up with Lee's contract through his later 30's, my phone calls to Philly center around Ruiz and that's about it

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Have no need for Victorino. You'd want to keep "Long Ball" over Koji?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no need for Victorino. You'd want to keep "Long Ball" over Koji?

We're well aware of your over the top disdain for Lowe. Funny how you ignore the fact that Koji has given up plenty of homers in his time with the rangers as well.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're well aware of your over the top disdain for Lowe. Funny how you ignore the fact that Koji has given up plenty of homers in his time with the rangers as well.

Koji 1.83 HR/9 with the Rangers, Lowe 1.13

Tateyama 1.91

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I have no desire to be tied up with Lee's contract through his later 30's, my phone calls to Philly center around Ruiz and that's about it

I can't find it but on The Ticket yesterday the Hardline said Philly would be willing to eat some of Lee's contract. They said how much but I can't remember.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find it but on The Ticket yesterday the Hardline said Philly would be willing to eat some of Lee's contract. They said how much but I can't remember.

Do you have a link? Is he really available

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't be willing to eat enough of that contract to make it worth my while, not that they have to make it worth my while