• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Swami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to see Perez leave, but he certainly boosted his trade value tonight. 2.63 ERA and 1.35 WHIP in his 3 starts.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to see Perez leave, but he certainly boosted his trade value tonight. 2.63 ERA and 1.35 WHIP in his 3 starts.

Anybody who's shown what he has at the ML level at 21, should be pretty close to untouchable

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is no way we go after 2 starters the drag on the system is great enough acquiring one

Good score for the Dodgers, thats certainly an indication that the Marlins are mailing it in, and they didn't get much for Ramirez

I think its possible if we get the first
Pitcher without olt in the deal

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez and martin for greinke should get
It done right?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) If the move is for a frontline starting pitcher, Olt is the guy I move, he's blocked by Beltre, there's organizational depth to replace him and he's hot right now, plus I think he's just a Chris Davis 2.0

2) Then give them a choice of 2 between: Justin Grimm, Neil Ramirez, Roman Mendez, Luke Jackson, Barrett Loux

3) Luis Sardinas or Leury Garcia

4 & 5) I'd MAYBE even throw in Engel Beltre and/or Kellin Deglan

That would be a package teams would probably have a hard time turning down for a potential rental player

Untouchables: J. Profar, M. Perez, C. Buckel, J. Alfaro

You and I agree on the prospects which to keep and which to hold for sure, although if the deal were sweet enough, I'd be ok with Buckel leaving. But Profar is a definite deal-breaker, as should be Perez and Alfaro.

I think the package you listed is a very reasonable one for a rental player.

I really have no idea what the Marlins would be looking for specifically.

I know the Phillies were really high on Olt, so a package of maybe Olt, Ramirez, Loux, and Sardinas might be enough to land Lee.

I also read that the dream scenario for the Brewers would be to trade Aramis Ramirez and a low-level prospect to the Dodgers for Zach Lee and then trade Greinke for Olt plus another player or two. Olt+Ramirez+Grimm might be enough for Greinke in that case.

As for the incoming talent, really at this point I only see 3 guys being worth trading away prospects: Greinke, Lee, and Johnson. Those 3 have ace material and could pitch in a decisive game in the playoffs. Garza, Dempster, and Shields to me are more #2-3 types who don't really represent a major upgrade over Darvish or Harrison.

Without knowing the availability or price of Lee, I'd say my first pick would be Greinke. An ace with similar numbers to Hamels and other elite pitchers, plus a pitching style which would be suited to The Ballpark. He doesn't really have an extensive playoff record, but then again neither did Colby Lewis and he did just fine. Much is made of Greinke's anxiety disorder too. I can't say just for sure how extreme his case is, but he has to have it under control somewhat even pitching in Milwaukee. I would think that he'd find it easier pitching in Texas where the fans and media are more laid back as compared to New York, Boston, and Philly.

Plus, with Hamels, it was always going to be a pure rental. Hamels stated he would either return to Philly or go home to the west coast. Greinke on the other hand I think we would have a better chance re-signing. I haven't heard of him being particularly attached to one team or area, and a positive experience in e playoffs with his teammates and the fans could go a long way toward convincing him to stay.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I agree on the prospects which to keep and which to hold for sure, although if the deal were sweet enough, I'd be ok with Buckel leaving. But Profar is a definite deal-breaker, as should be Perez and Alfaro.

I think the package you listed is a very reasonable one for a rental player.

I really have no idea what the Marlins would be looking for specifically.

I know the Phillies were really high on Olt, so a package of maybe Olt, Ramirez, Loux, and Sardinas might be enough to land Lee.

I also read that the dream scenario for the Brewers would be to trade Aramis Ramirez and a low-level prospect to the Dodgers for Zach Lee and then trade Greinke for Olt plus another player or two. Olt+Ramirez+Grimm might be enough for Greinke in that case.

As for the incoming talent, really at this point I only see 3 guys being worth trading away prospects: Greinke, Lee, and Johnson. Those 3 have ace material and could pitch in a decisive game in the playoffs. Garza, Dempster, and Shields to me are more #2-3 types who don't really represent a major upgrade over Darvish or Harrison.

Without knowing the availability or price of Lee, I'd say my first pick would be Greinke. An ace with similar numbers to Hamels and other elite pitchers, plus a pitching style which would be suited to The Ballpark. He doesn't really have an extensive playoff record, but then again neither did Colby Lewis and he did just fine. Much is made of Greinke's anxiety disorder too. I can't say just for sure how extreme his case is, but he has to have it under control somewhat even pitching in Milwaukee. I would think that he'd find it easier pitching in Texas where the fans and media are more laid back as compared to New York, Boston, and Philly. Plus, with Hamels, it was always going to be a pure rental. Hamels stated he would either return to Philly or go home to the west coast. Greinke on the other hand I think we would have a better chance re-signing. I haven't heard of him being particularly attached to one team or area, and a positive experience in e playoffs with his teammates and the fans could go a long way toward convincing him to stay.

I heard greinkes been fine since 2007. And his playoff appearence is very small sample size. So i like him a lot no doubt.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Dodgers just got Hanley Ramirez and Randy Choate for Nate Eovaldi and a low-level prospect! I know Hanley was being impossible to handle, but the Marlins must have just wanted to be rid of him pretty badly to give him away for the Dodgers' #3 young pitcher and a low-level scrub.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Dodgers just got Hanley Ramirez and Randy Choate for Nate Eovaldi and a low-level prospect! I know Hanley was being impossible to handle, but the Marlins must have just wanted to be rid of him pretty badly to give him away for the Dodgers' #3 young pitcher and a low-level scrub.

I wonder what a package for cliff lee could look like ?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez and martin for greinke should get
It done right?

No way I trade Perez for a rental, and I'm also hesistant to trade Martin but I would do it, but it would certainly limit the overall package they recieve

I'd much rather do Olt + Martin than Perez + Martin and that would be about all I'd give up for Greinke

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Marlins are willing to trade Hanley for Nate Eovaldi (projected #2-3 ceiling), maybe we could give them Scott Feldman and a truckload of boomstick hot dogs for Josh Johnson.

I just can't believe that they traded the face of their franchise, problems and all, in the first year of their new stadium for such a weak return.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My thoughts exactly, I couldn't believe it

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I trade Perez for a rental, and I'm also hesistant to trade Martin but I would do it, but it would certainly limit the overall package they recieve

I'd much rather do Olt + Martin than Perez + Martin and that would be about all I'd give up for Greinke

Assume you get greinke with that package. What would your package be if you made a trade for josh johnson also?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assume you get greinke with that package. What would your package be if you made a trade for josh johnson also?

Nothing at the top level left to get Johnson that I'd be willing to give up that would allow us to acquire Johnson, not to mention I don't want anything to do with Josh Johnson

I believe we have 3 prospects to be the headlines of a deal, Profar, Olt and Perez and I wouldn't give up Profar or Perez for just about anybody, much less a rental and/or a pitcher with a pretty damning injury history (shoulder and elbow)

1 pitcher is plenty

Last edited by a moderator:

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine having bought season tickets to the Marlins due to the excitement of the new stadium, new uniforms, and 3 big free agent signings. Then Ozzie Guillen insults the entire Cuban-American community, the team under-performs, the new big money closer is so bad he loses his job, the team's superstar throws a tantrum and hurts himself doing so, and the team decides to sell off almost every last superstar not named Reyes or Stanton. I'd be asking for a refund.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine having bought season tickets to the Marlins due to the excitement of the new stadium, new uniforms, and 3 big free agent signings. Then Ozzie Guillen insults the entire Cuban-American community, the team under-performs, the new big money closer is so bad he loses his job, the team's superstar throws a tantrum and hurts himself doing so, and the team decides to sell off almost every last superstar not named Reyes or Stanton. I'd be asking for a refund.

They're Marlins fans, they should've expected this, just this time they didn't manage a WS victory

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing at the top level left to get Johnson that I'd be willing to give up that would allow us to acquire Johnson, not to mention I don't want anything to do with Josh Johnson

I believe we have 3 prospects to be the headlines of a deal, Profar, Olt and Perez and I wouldn't give up Profar or Perez for just about anybody, much less a rental and/or a pitcher with a pretty damning injury history (shoulder and elbow)

1 pitcher is plenty[/QUOTE

Would be nice though rangers tryed to go all in 2010