• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke is a still in the post season. Can't handle the pressure ... that's why he likes low pressure cities like KC and MIL. TEX needs a starter with a social disorder like a hole in the head.

Greinke's psychy makes CJ Wilson look like Mr. Rodgers.

^^^^this^^^

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke is a still in the post season. Can't handle the pressure ... that's why he likes low pressure cities like KC and MIL. TEX needs a starter with a social disorder like a hole in the head.

Greinke's psychy makes CJ Wilson look like Mr. Rodgers.

How can you be sure he cant handle pressure? Based off what 3 playoff starts?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you be sure he cant handle pressure? Based off what 3 playoff starts?

How many chances do you want to give him to find out? Are you willing to bet Olt on it?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many chances do you want to give him to find out? Are you willing to bet Olt on it?

I would but its the amount and quality of prospects after that that would worry me

Olt
Justin Grimm
Leury Garcia/Luis Sardinas

That for a potential rental should suffice, as high as I would go anyway, In ways its similar to the package we gave up for Cliff Lee

Actually minus a couple prospects here and there, thats essentially my offer for any of the pitchers discussed minus a couple adjustments for situation

Swami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to get J. Johnson, since he'd be more than just a rental. But the way he's pitched this year, I don't know that he'd be that number 1 guy we need. Also, there was a blurb on rotoworld's headlines that the Phillies were "eager" to trade Pence. I'd have some interest in him, too, especially given the recent offensive struggles.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Hamels is out. Everyone is looking for a year 2013 control option. Lee is the guy who makes the most sense. Yankee killer, been there done that.

The owner of Arizona just said he wants to keep Upton. He didn't say he was untouchable. Rangers could send Olt there as the main piece and not have to worry about another Cruz fiasco at the wall in the later innings. He looked pretty bad at the warning track last night.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's say we get Lee for example, what would our rotation look like? I've been out of the loop for the past 6 weeks. Something like...

Lee
Darvish
Harrison
Oswalt
Holland

Uehara
Ross
Feldman
Ogando
Feliz
Adams
Nathan

...? I would feel pretty good about that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's say we get Lee for example, what would our rotation look like? I've been out of the loop for the past 6 weeks. Something like...

Lee
Darvish
Harrison
Oswalt
Holland

Uehara
Ross
Feldman
Ogando
Feliz
Adams
Nathan

...? I would feel pretty good about that.

Pretty much. Uehara is a ways from coming back. Lowe will be back sooner than Uehara. You'd also have Ogando/Feliz ready to slot in as sp should anything else happen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be fine then. Assuming everyone stays healthy/comes back ready, that's a much better staff than we had last year, assuming the trade is one of the big 3.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he wore down. I think the league caught up to him being a two pitch starter. He's developed an off speed pitch so he could be a viable option.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he wore down. I think the league caught up to him being a two pitch starter. He's developed an off speed pitch so he could be a viable option.

I think it was a combination of both; fatigue and predictability

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked pretty damn good against SF.

Swami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked pretty damn good against SF.

Yeah. 3 perfect innings with 2 K's before he hurt himself on the bases, wasn't it?

Edit: Not that SF is an offensive juggernaut.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So zack greinke 7 innings 3 hits 1 ER 0 BB 5 K's 12 groundouts 3 flyouts. Still not interested?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. 3 perfect innings with 2 K's before he hurt himself on the bases, wasn't it?

Edit: Not that SF is an offensive juggernaut.

Maybe in 2013 he can start but him in the bullpen is a weapon

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of this info isn't necessarily breaking news, but this article was just posted on mlbtraderumors:

There's little doubt that the Rangers are once again one of MLB's best teams -- if not the best. Texas entered Tuesday's action with the second-best winning percentage and best run differential in MLB. Now, they're looking to fortify their team for the stretch run and into the postseason, and they're armed with a wealth of prospects whom they could use to push through a blockbuster deal. Here's the latest:

Considering the Rangers' recent history in the World Series, and the fact that they're facing the very real possibility of Josh Hamilton departing as a free agent in the offseason, one AL personnel exec said he'd be shocked if Texas didn't make a move for a top-of-the-rotation starter such as Cole Hamels or Josh Johnson, reports Joel Sherman of the New York Post (Twitter links). We already heard earlier today that the Rangers would be willing to acquire Hamels without the added complication of working out a contract extension.

Similarly, the Rangers are focused on acquiring a starting pitcher, such as Hamels or Zack Greinke, who can be a "difference-maker" for them once they reach the postseason, writes T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com. Texas won't let the prospect of losing the draft pick attached to an outgoing free agent thwart their plans to acquire such a starter, adds Sullivan. In other words, it sounds like they're fine with acquiring a rental type. One alternative, though, would be "fortifying the bullpen" and deploying Alexi Ogando as a starter.

In addition to Hamels, Greinke and Johnson, the Rangers are also "in the mix" for Rays right-hander James Shields, and they would also be interested in reacquiring Phillies lefty Cliff Lee if he's made available, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com (Twitter links). The latter scenario, however, appears unlikely, Rosenthal adds.

We can't say for sure how things will shake out, but the Rangers certainly look like as strong a candidate as anyone to make a splash for one of the premium pitchers on the trade market before the deadline.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some of this info isn't necessarily breaking news, but this article was just posted on mlbtraderumors:

There's little doubt that the Rangers are once again one of MLB's best teams -- if not the best. Texas entered Tuesday's action with the second-best winning percentage and best run differential in MLB. Now, they're looking to fortify their team for the stretch run and into the postseason, and they're armed with a wealth of prospects whom they could use to push through a blockbuster deal. Here's the latest:

Considering the Rangers' recent history in the World Series, and the fact that they're facing the very real possibility of Josh Hamilton departing as a free agent in the offseason, one AL personnel exec said he'd be shocked if Texas didn't make a move for a top-of-the-rotation starter such as Cole Hamels or Josh Johnson, reports Joel Sherman of the New York Post (Twitter links). We already heard earlier today that the Rangers would be willing to acquire Hamels without the added complication of working out a contract extension.

Similarly, the Rangers are focused on acquiring a starting pitcher, such as Hamels or Zack Greinke, who can be a "difference-maker" for them once they reach the postseason, writes T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com. Texas won't let the prospect of losing the draft pick attached to an outgoing free agent thwart their plans to acquire such a starter, adds Sullivan. In other words, it sounds like they're fine with acquiring a rental type. One alternative, though, would be "fortifying the bullpen" and deploying Alexi Ogando as a starter.

In addition to Hamels, Greinke and Johnson, the Rangers are also "in the mix" for Rays right-hander James Shields, and they would also be interested in reacquiring Phillies lefty Cliff Lee if he's made available, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com (Twitter links). The latter scenario, however, appears unlikely, Rosenthal adds.

We can't say for sure how things will shake out, but the Rangers certainly look like as strong a candidate as anyone to make a splash for one of the premium pitchers on the trade market before the deadline.

Yes I heard scouts from Milwaukee were here tonite to watch Perez and down in Round Rock to watch Feliz.
I am starting to have reservations about Lee as he did not look good again tonite giving up 4 bombs, including one to Greinke.
There is no way I am giving up Olt for him in any deal. Lee may just be on the downside as he will turn 34 next month. At this point I think the team should focus on the righthanders Shields or J.Johnson. Maybe there is someone else J.D is working on.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I heard scouts from Milwaukee were here tonite to watch Perez and down in Round Rock to watch Feliz.
I am starting to have reservations about Lee as he did not look good again tonite giving up 4 bombs, including one to Greinke.
There is no way I am giving up Olt for him in any deal. Lee may just be on the downside as he will turn 34 next month. At this point I think the team should focus on the righthanders Shields or J.Johnson. Maybe there is someone else J.D is working on.[/QUO

Was there a scout in Philly for greinke? Also i would lOve Josh johnson. Mehh to James Shields very average this year and last year was a good season but other than that..