• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I heard scouts from Milwaukee were here tonite to watch Perez and down in Round Rock to watch Feliz.
I am starting to have reservations about Lee as he did not look good again tonite giving up 4 bombs, including one to Greinke.
There is no way I am giving up Olt for him in any deal. Lee may just be on the downside as he will turn 34 next month. At this point I think the team should focus on the righthanders Shields or J.Johnson. Maybe there is someone else J.D is working on.

1) If the move is for a frontline starting pitcher, Olt is the guy I move, he's blocked by Beltre, there's organizational depth to replace him and he's hot right now, plus I think he's just a Chris Davis 2.0

2) Then give them a choice of 2 between: Justin Grimm, Neil Ramirez, Roman Mendez, Luke Jackson, Barrett Loux

3) Luis Sardinas or Leury Garcia

4 & 5) I'd MAYBE even throw in Engel Beltre and/or Kellin Deglan

That would be a package teams would probably have a hard time turning down for a potential rental player

Untouchables: J. Profar, M. Perez, C. Buckel, J. Alfaro

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal just reported that Philly has agreed to a 6-year $137.5M extension with Hamels and that the deal will be finalized soon. If its true, that means we're looking at Greinke most likely. I read today that since the Marlins traded Sanchez, they would have to be blown away by an offer to trade Johnson as well. And the Phillies, while they will now need to shed payroll, have yet to make Lee officially available.

Greinke, Shields, Garza, giving up a ton for Johnson, Philly deciding Lee is on the block, or a last-minute entry into the Dempster sweepstakes. Those seem to be the trade options.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes I heard scouts from Milwaukee were here tonite to watch Perez and down in Round Rock to watch Feliz.
I am starting to have reservations about Lee as he did not look good again tonite giving up 4 bombs, including one to Greinke.
There is no way I am giving up Olt for him in any deal. Lee may just be on the downside as he will turn 34 next month. At this point I think the team should focus on the righthanders Shields or J.Johnson. Maybe there is someone else J.D is working on.[/QUO

Was there a scout in Philly for greinke? Also i would lOve Josh johnson. Mehh to James Shields very average this year and last year was a good season but other than that..

Sorry I did mention this in my earlier response to you, but yes the Rangers had a scout at that game as well. Btw C.Ruiz had a big hit for Philly in that game. I know he is someone that we have all talked about acquiring.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal just reported that Philly has agreed to a 6-year $137.5M extension with Hamels and that the deal will be finalized soon. If its true, that means we're looking at Greinke most likely. I read today that since the Marlins traded Sanchez, they would have to be blown away by an offer to trade Johnson as well. And the Phillies, while they will now need to shed payroll, have yet to make Lee officially available.

Greinke, Shields, Garza, giving up a ton for Johnson, Philly deciding Lee is on the block, or a last-minute entry into the Dempster sweepstakes. Those seem to be the trade options.

Does the trade above do anything for you if you're the Marlins, Phillies or Brewers?

9 of those guys listed were in our preseason top 20 listing with the potential of acquiring 5 of them

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think greinke would be a good option and Johnson too. I hope were not that interested in James shields or dempster

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did never really thought we had a chance at getting him. Up here in Pa the rumours were rampamt that Hamels was going to stay in Philly.

yeah i was fine with it too. just cause one Greinke has been better than hamels, two Hamels wasnt going to sign with us i think we have more of a chance of re signing greinke.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i was fine with it too. just cause one Greinke has been better than hamels, two Hamels wasnt going to sign with us i think we have more of a chance of re signing greinke.

In the buy or sell thread I predicted the Rangers would acquire Greinke. Know we got pieces that they want, but will have to wait and see. Really want Josh Johnson but I wonder if the Marlins would trade away another one of their good young pitchers.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To say Greinke has been better than HAmels is a pretty bold statement considering both have pretty close to the same numbers

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say Greinke has been better than HAmels is a pretty bold statement considering both have pretty close to the same numbers

Till Today

Zack greinke 3.57 ERA 2.56 FIP 2.81 xFIP 3.5 WAR

Cole Hamels 3.23 ERA 3.55 FIP 3.23 xFIP 2.4 WAR

Greinkes had four 4WAR seasons and Coles Had 2 4 WAR seasons. Also if greinke was under our defense his era would be much lower brewers have awful D.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Till Today

Greinkes had four 4WAR seasons and Coles Had 2 4 WAR seasons. Also if greinke was under our defense his era would be much lower brewers have awful D.

But don't forget SIERA (which I think is better than FIP), Greinke is 2.98 and Hamels is 3.23

Nonetheless, You're talking a pretty narrow difference there

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Till Today

And if you look at Years of 3.5 WAR or Higher its dead even at 5 each

Greinke has totaled 34.1 WAR over 1395 innings, while Hamels has 25.4 in 1295 innings, not a huge difference, and and a huge chunk of that comes from Greinke's awesome CY YOung year when he had an amazing 9.3 WAR and the extra 100 innings to boot

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But don't forget SIERA (which I think is better than FIP), Greinke is 2.98 and Hamels is 3.23

Nonetheless, You're talking a pretty narrow difference there

Never used that whats better lower or Higher SIERA?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never used that whats better lower or Higher SIERA?

Its like reading ERA, its doesn't completely exclude fielding, as sometimes when, i think it factors in line drive rate, which would be ignored by something like FIP

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its like reading ERA, its doesn't completely exclude fielding, as sometimes when, i think it factors in line drive rate, which would be ignored by something like FIP

So lower is better im assuming.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moot point now, Hamels is off the table

So, Greinke, Lee, Garza or Johnson

Honestly I like Greinke the best of the bunch

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moot point now, Hamels is off the table

So, Greinke, Lee, Garza or Johnson

Honestly I like Greinke the best of the bunch

Greinke, Johnson, lee garza in that order. I wonder if its possible we get 2 TORP JD tryed for it in 2010 after we got cliff lee. Will he do it again maybe?

Oh and this just in hanley rameriz to the dodgers

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke, Johnson, lee garza in that order. I wonder if its possible we get 2 TORP JD tryed for it in 2010 after we got cliff lee. Will he do it again maybe?

Oh and this just in hanley rameriz to the dodgers

I think there is no way we go after 2 starters the drag on the system is great enough acquiring one

Good score for the Dodgers, thats certainly an indication that the Marlins are mailing it in, and they didn't get much for Ramirez