• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you don't read the "blogs" or sites like mlbtraderumors, then how do you find out what's going on?

I'm saying you put too much stock into what these people say, they're comments and rhetoric are meant to drive readership

Yes I don't doubt there is some validity in his statement, but a lot of it is hogwash

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Josh Johnson is hands down better than James Shields

Only question with Johnson is health, but he's been healthy this year and working his way back from the last injury, hence the "weak" looking numbers

But b/c of those concerns he's going to be cheaper than just about anyone else AND he's not just a rental, he's signed for an additional season after next

B/c of the cheaper prospect cost and reasonable contract and length, he seems to me to be the best bet

Olt + Borbon and maybe another piece might just get that done

Sucks to lose Olt, but he's blocked at the ML level (his value lies in playing a good 3B, not 1B), we have quality prospects at 3B, the Marlins have a HUGE need for a quality 3B prospect, and personally I think he's just Chris Davis 2.0 with that hole in his swing

I am with you on Josh Johnson. The price will be cheaper. He was great last year until the injury. He looked unhittable the another night against Atlanta. Be the perfect time to acquire him as he seems to be getting his groove back

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MLBtraderumors.com and the talking head blogs are driven by the need for clicks for advertising revenue ... so are open to promote ideas passed to them by players' agents who benefit from the swirl in the attempt to get their guys into a better space (a team with money).

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would be careful what I hear and read. Jim Bowden a Former GM is Full of Opinions but He is often wrong. They All want Readers and Listeners. Have to Think between the Lines.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be careful what I hear and read. Jim Bowden a Former GM is Full of Opinions but He is often wrong. They All want Readers and Listeners. Have to Think between the Lines.

He's one of biggest morons with one of the biggest platforms

How this man was ever a GM is beyond me, he has zero concept of reality... no wonder the Reds stunk under his watch

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the goal is go to the world series this year, trading Andrus makes ZERO sense, Profar is just not ready for that jump yet, not on a contender, not to mention Andrus has been one of the lone brights spots on the offense

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the goal is go to the world series this year, trading Andrus makes ZERO sense, Profar is just not ready for that jump yet, not on a contender, not to mention Andrus has been one of the lone brights spots on the offense

Truee but you get 2 TORP but u lose elvis ):

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not opposed to trading him.... just not right now. IMO

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would just be counterproductive, not a chance

Plus, I see the need for 1 starter potentially, but certainly not 2

We wiill just have to see then. Profar i think someone said he can be above average right away when he comes to the bigs

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is this guy?

idk... some guy telling Newberg he heard that "plan" being tossed around on "the fan". Wouldnt surprise me coming from that station.

After all... They said Prince Fielder was in Dallas to sign with the Rangers when he was really in Detroit... :duck: