• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLBTR keeps talking that we are in talks for Broxton. ANyone know why? Don't we have Nathan and a decent setup guy in Adams?

Ogando to the rotation opens up a spot.... but i'm not that confident in Broxton.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must-do trades for retooling the Phillies - The GM's Office by Jim Bowden Blog - ESPN

Cliff Lee to the Texas Rangers for LHP Martin Perez, SS Leury Garcia and 3B Mike Olt
The Rangers need to overpay for a front-line starter to keep up with the Angels’ acquisition of Zack Greinke. Halladay, who is trying to rebound from injury, isn’t tradable, leaving Lee as the logical impact piece to move in order to add three pieces for the future. If they can get Olt to play third base (and he should be expendable with Adrian Beltre signed long-term in Texas), a middle-of-the rotation starter like Perez and a future shortstop like Leury Garcia (who is stuck behind Elvis Andrus and Jurickson Profar), the Phillies would be adding three potential future starters.

Oh Bowden... Your articles cease to amaze me. OY VEY. (first sentence made me laugh)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowden, did you ever wonder why the reds were awful in your tenure?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drop Perez and put in Grimm and Borbon, and I'm good, but to expect BOTH would just be crazy, and lord knows, Jim Bowden is a fool

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4:06pm: Philadelphia's discussions with Texas about Lee have all but ended, according to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark (via Buster Olney on Twitter). A trade sending Lee back to Texas is "not going to happen," Stark reports (on Twitter). Such a trade would be complicated and may be easier to complete during the offseason.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
4:06pm: Philadelphia's discussions with Texas about Lee have all but ended, according to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark (via Buster Olney on Twitter). A trade sending Lee back to Texas is "not going to happen," Stark reports (on Twitter). Such a trade would be complicated and may be easier to complete during the offseason.

Thats a bummer. Hopes up for nothing. But when you really look at that stupid money the phillies gave Lee it doesnt surprise me that we bailed out. I mean really, Lee is forever out of the trade market unless the Phils will eat a big majority of that money which they wont do.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is supposedly pursuing shoppach. He would be a nice pickup.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

There's 22 hours left. The last hour is when everyone is on the phone.

I don't know why the Rangers would have to give up any really good prospects since Lee is basically a salary dump unless the Phillies are going to pick up a chunk of that contract.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Must-do trades for retooling the Phillies - The GM's Office by Jim Bowden Blog - ESPN

Cliff Lee to the Texas Rangers for LHP Martin Perez, SS Leury Garcia and 3B Mike Olt
The Rangers need to overpay for a front-line starter to keep up with the Angels’ acquisition of Zack Greinke. Halladay, who is trying to rebound from injury, isn’t tradable, leaving Lee as the logical impact piece to move in order to add three pieces for the future. If they can get Olt to play third base (and he should be expendable with Adrian Beltre signed long-term in Texas), a middle-of-the rotation starter like Perez and a future shortstop like Leury Garcia (who is stuck behind Elvis Andrus and Jurickson Profar), the Phillies would be adding three potential future starters.
Oh Bowden... Your articles cease to amaze me. OY VEY. (first sentence made me laugh)

Really do not want to give up Olt. We need to replenish some power down the road in a year or two. Josh may be gone and Beltre wil be close to 35.

Down at the farm we have a few guys(J.Gallo,C.McGuiness,J.Butler) who have the potential to provide power, but its way to early to determine if they can live up to that potential.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't know why the Rangers would have to give up any really good prospects since Lee is basically a salary dump unless the Phillies are going to pick up a chunk of that contract.

Exactly. We have enough decent prospects to deal without having to give up Olt or Perez.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really do not want to give up Olt. We need to replenish some power down the road in a year or two. Josh may be gone and Beltre wil be close to 35.

Down at the farm we have a few guys(J.Gallo,C.McGuiness,J.Butler) who have the potential to provide power, but its way to early to determine if they can live up to that potential.

Don't forget Bowden is an idiot. I wouldn't give anywhere near that, but the phillies would certainly jump all over it.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still a lot of time left for trades to develop, but if our deadline haul is Jonathan Broxton and Kelly Shoppach I will be very, very disappointed in JD. Why are we willing to part with Justin Grimm for such a mediocre and inconsistent reliever? I understand the plan to add a reliever and put Ogando into the rotation, and I understand that Grimm doesn't have a very high ceiling. But Broxton is so-so at best. That 1.41 WHIP isn't very attractive for a reliever. I just don't see much value being added there. Same with Shoppach. He's not much better an Torrealba except for in the power department. He would be an upgrade, albeit a minor one, but at what cost? Does adding a mediocre reliever and a backup catcher who might not see much playing time really improve our World Series chances that much?

Broxton/Shoppach just reminds me of Cantu/Guzman. Very minimal benefit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, the clock works against teams wanting to buy until the last hour, then it's the teams wanting to sell who get jumpy. JD had no problem holding his cards until then.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't forget Bowden is an idiot. I wouldn't give anywhere near that, but the phillies would certainly jump all over it.

Just about jumped off my seat when I saw that headline by Bowden. Just very thankful he is not our GM.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still a lot of time left for trades to develop, but if our deadline haul is Jonathan Broxton and Kelly Shoppach I will be very, very disappointed in JD. Why are we willing to part with Justin Grimm for such a mediocre and inconsistent reliever? I understand the plan to add a reliever and put Ogando into the rotation, and I understand that Grimm doesn't have a very high ceiling. But Broxton is so-so at best. That 1.41 WHIP isn't very attractive for a reliever. I just don't see much value being added there. Same with Shoppach. He's not much better an Torrealba except for in the power department. He would be an upgrade, albeit a minor one, but at what cost? Does adding a mediocre reliever and a backup catcher who might not see much playing time really improve our World Series chances that much?

Broxton/Shoppach just reminds me of Cantu/Guzman. Very minimal benefit.

Shoppach is a massive upgrade over Torrealba in defensive abilities alone. Add his power to that and I think he has value. I agree with you on Broxton, but again I don't think any of us really have any idea what JD has up his sleeve. Not saying its going to be a blockbuster, but he's always made this team better.

Remember last year when texasblues was so up in arms over what we gave up for Adams? Well Wieland got smashed at the ML level in petco park. Looks like Texas got the better end of that deal. JD knows what he's doing. Have faith brothers.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats going on with dempster......he hasnt been traded yet right (deal with braves fell thru???).....he cant cost to much and pitching in wrigley cant be much different than the ballpark

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats going on with dempster......he hasnt been traded yet right (deal with braves fell thru???).....he cant cost to much and pitching in cant be much different than the ballpark

He's dead set on being traded to the dodgers or not at all. Those are the reports anyways.