• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were going to move Ogando into the rotation and go after a reliever.

Why pay up for Lee with good players now when they could have had him for no players 2 years ago? His fly ball rate is also up this year.

Because we need a legit ace and we don't have one. He also signed a more friendly contract with Philly than we offered him to begin with and I'm betting JD could get them to eat some of his contract. The fact that he's a Yankee killer doesn't hurt.

Sure his fly balls are up but since when do you make a decision on a pitcher on one stat. At least be objective enough to post the rest of his stats.

Lee, 33, has a 3.95 ERA, 8.5 K/9, 1.8 BB/9, 1.14 HR/9, and 46.7% groundball rate in 118 1/3 innings this year. *1.20 whip.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They wanted him 2 years ago, and they were willing to pay for him then, but Lee wanted to go to Philli, and philli came in under the radar at the last second and signed Lee before anyone knew what was going on. Lee and the Phill's literally sucker punched the Rangers on that one.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would do it if they eat 1/3 of the money

I would bet that the FO is more worried about what they would have to give up in terms of a trade, than how much of his contract the Sox are willing to eat. Although I think it's pretty much a given that no matter where Becket goes (if he goes anywhere) the Sox will be paying a substantial portion of his contract to move him.

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet that the FO is more worried about what they would have to give up in terms of a trade, than how much of his contract the Sox are willing to eat. Although I think it's pretty much a given that no matter where Becket goes (if he goes anywhere) the Sox will be paying a substantial portion of his contract to move him.

I think he was talkin bout Cliff

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because we need a legit ace and we don't have one. He also signed a more friendly contract with Philly than we offered him to begin with and I'm betting JD could get them to eat some of his contract. The fact that he's a Yankee killer doesn't hurt.

Sure his fly balls are up but since when do you make a decision on a pitcher on one stat. At least be objective enough to post the rest of his stats.

Lee, 33, has a 3.95 ERA, 8.5 K/9, 1.8 BB/9, 1.14 HR/9, and 46.7% groundball rate in 118 1/3 innings this year. *1.20 whip.

I was on board with Lee 3 weeks ago. Just stating fact. I would do it for a package with Olt (who they want), but not Profar.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on board with Lee 3 weeks ago. Just stating fact. I would do it for a package with Olt (who they want), but not Profar.

I agree. Profar is still untouchable IMO. Olt wouldn't be on this case. Though I wouldn't give them all our other top prospects, though it would certainly take one or two more. Olt would be the centerpiece for sure.

Playoff rotation
Lee
Harrison
Darvish
Holland

Looks pretty sweet.

Also, I wonder if JD might be able to make this a real blockbuster by getting Ruiz too.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were going to move Ogando into the rotation and go after a reliever.

Why pay up for Lee with good players now when they could have had him for no players 2 years ago? His fly ball rate is also up this year.

If I remember correctly, the Rangers ponied up the $$$. They just didnt want to offer him more years.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Rick Sutcliffe(dont know how much he knows) just said on ESPN radio that he thinks we end up with Lee or King Felix. He said we are doing everything in out power to get the King Felix deal to work. Take it for what its worth:pop2:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Rangers Rumors: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Here's the rumor. If this is legit I see no way JD doesn't make this happen. Profar is the only untouchable here.

Says you, no way I include Profar, Perez or Alfaro in any deal, especially if we have to pay on that ridiculous contract, even if they eat a good amount, they should only get an Olt in the deal, plus some system filler (which are still good prospects)

It also pisses me off that we are once again considering giving up premium prospects for Cliff Lee b/c he spurned us once, they fact that Smoak stunk in Seattle is irrelevant

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olt + Martin + couple B level arms.... would you do it?

(PHI is rumored to want Olt and a young CF)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says you, no way I include Profar, Perez or Alfaro in any deal, especially if we have to pay on that ridiculous contract, even if they eat a good amount, they should only get an Olt in the deal, plus some system filler (which are still good prospects)

It also pisses me off that we are once again considering giving up premium prospects for Cliff Lee b/c he spurned us once, they fact that Smoak stunk in Seattle is irrelevant

The fact that smoak stunk is completely relevant. It proves my point that prospects are just that, prospects. They're no sure thing no matter how high their ceiling is. I'm sure JD is more willing to swallow his pride if it gets them an ace under control for 3.5 more years.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm really hesitant to let go of Martin. He's our best OF prospect is he not? Why not offer E. Beltre or Borbon.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would do Olt + Borbon + Grimm + Garcia/Sardinas + E. Beltre

ML ready CFer + a young CFer with some upside

Martin is one of the few OF prospects that can poetentially step up next year and help replace Hamilton next year

If they don't take that, then piss on them, they're a bunch of fools and overvaluing Lee and his bloated backloaded contract

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do Olt + Borbon + Grimm + Garcia/Sardinas + E. Beltre

ML ready CFer + a young CFer with some upside

Martin is one of the few OF prospects that can poetentially step up next year and help replace Hamilton next year

If they don't take that, then piss on them, they're a bunch of fools and overvaluing Lee and his bloated backloaded contract

That's quite a package... (no homo).

With that, i'd expect PHI to kick in a nice chunk....

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that smoak stunk is completely relevant. It proves my point that prospects are just that, prospects. They're no sure thing no matter how high their ceiling is. I'm sure JD is more willing to swallow his pride if it gets them an ace under control for 3.5 more years.

No its irrelevant in the sense that at the time Smoak was a prime prospect, had to give him up for the services of Cliff Lee, he fucked us went to Philly, and now we're considering giving up prime prospects AGAIN (whether they pan out, once again NOT relevant), for the "privilege" of paying Lee's bloated backloaded contract (even if the Phillies subsidize it), point is a lot of Lee's money went to Darvish