• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Scott Lucas' farm report today ...

@ Frisco ...

Mitch Moreland was 0-4 with a strikeout.

Rehabbing Mark Lowe ranged from 92 to 96 MPH on a scout’s gun. He struck out two of four batters but allowed a towering (if not exceptionally long) solo homer to Edinson Rincon.

No comment.

Now you're bagging on rehab appearances, how sad

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@ Frisco ...

Rehabbing Mark Lowe ranged from 92 to 96 MPH on a scout’s gun. He struck out two of four batters but allowed a towering (if not exceptionally long) solo homer to Edinson Rincon.

No comment.

What happened to Uehara? i thought he was suppose to come back the same time as Ogando?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey... he struck out 2 of 4 guys he faced. That's a good story. And its a rehab appearance so what if he gave up a HR to a guy who has 6 HRs in 375ABs and sports a .373SLG ... 52 points lower than Craig Gentry's SLG.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey... he struck out 2 of 4 guys he faced. That's a good story. And its a rehab appearance so what if he gave up a HR to a guy who has 6 HRs in 375ABs and sports a .373SLG ... 52 points lower than Craig Gentry's SLG.

The fact that you had to say anything about it all, implies that its a cheap shot,

Anytime you bring up Lowe or Torrealba, thats what you're doing, your act is tiresome and predictable

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The fact that you had to say anything about it all, implies that its a cheap shot,

Anytime you bring up Lowe or Torrealba, thats what you're doing, your act is tiresome and predictable

Hey ... Lowe had 11 of 19 pitches for strikes ... got 2 Ks on full counts ... a ground out and a HR on a 1-0 counts. Looks like he is back in ML shape.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

@ Frisco ...

No comment.

That's the essence of a Mark Lowe Ranger performance in a nutshell. If he gets two guys out I would never leave him in to get the last out because he'll give up a tape measure homer to somebody with warning track power.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like feliz isn't ready to come back. The word is he scratched his scheduled rehab start due to elbow soreness. If he has elbow problems at this point, two months later, I would venture aguess that we don't see him again this year.

What does that do to our playoff retation, and our motivation to get a trade done before the trade deadline?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like feliz isn't ready to come back. The word is he scratched his scheduled rehab start due to elbow soreness. If he has elbow problems at this point, two months later, I would venture aguess that we don't see him again this year.

What does that do to our playoff retation, and our motivation to get a trade done before the trade deadline?

Does Beckett interest you if they eat most of his salary.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even if Boston eats a large chunk of his bloated contract, I fear we would have to give up too much to get him. His numbers aren't very good this year (ERA in the mid 4's I believe). I don't know what the Rangers should do. Part of me thinks they should just hold tight and role the dice with what they already got.

That's kind of like sticking your head in the sand and hoping everything happens to work out though. I fear Lewis going out will be the death blow to the Ranger's hopes of going back to the WS.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think Beckett could be an option. The red sox are wanting to dump him per the report. That means they're not wanting to take a bunch of prospects, and they'll eat most of his contract IMO. It all depends on how bad they want to be rid if him. He's been a #1 with success in the postseason before. Maybe he just needs to be out of Boston. The guy has huge upside and i would roll the dice on him if it didn't cost much. Honestly, what's the difference between him and shields or Johnson except he can probably be had way cheaper?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Beckett interest you if they eat most of his salary.

Not me. He isn't doing great this year, and eating his salary means they want better returns.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately the thing about Beckett is despite the fact that his secondary numbers haven't dropped much from years past years (I almost never look at JUST ERA), the fact is they have dropped and ACROSS the board, which means he's probably lost a good amount of velocity and he hasn't found a way to compensate yet...

And he's owed 30+ million over the next 2 seasons, not to mention whatever he's still owed over the rest of this season (about 6 million), even if Boston covers a large amount of that, its still going to be a huge financial commitment plus the only reason to cover that much salary is they are going to want better prospects in return

Beckett is a "sexy" name b/c of his contributions of years past and he's a Texas guy, but he's past his prime and transitioning into the Jamie Moyer phase of his career

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a terrible 2012 ... he's just got a nice career name right now. He'd be an upgrade perhaps over Oswalt perhaps from a sustainability perspective but a 5.70 ERA over past 5 starts. That's not going to get it done.

Rather go with oswalt. Atleast oswalts been good his whole career when healthy. 3.70 SIERRA compared to beckett 4.06 SIERRA. Everyone seems to forget oswalt is still a very good pitcher and hes only 2 seasons removed from 2010 numbers

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cliff Lee back in trade talks.... just trade him to Texas already. :)