• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No link. Just heard that he may have re-injured his elbow in his last rehab outing and that shutting him down for the season is on the table. The TJ surgery is pure speculation. But would you be surprised?

And Josh Johnson has 6 walks through 5 innings against the Padres. Yep, the Padres. Still want?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No link. Just heard that he may have re-injured his elbow in his last rehab outing and that shutting him down for the season is on the table. The TJ surgery is pure speculation. But would you be surprised?

And Josh Johnson has 6 walks through 5 innings against the Padres. Yep, the Padres. Still want?

So just say it. You're talking out your ass and don't know anything.

I never was that high on JJ. I think ogando could be a better answer while adding a bullpen piece.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo, you really need to quit acting like the message board police who knows everything about baseball. And before denying that you do that, you tell people all the time to go sit on their hands until football season or to get the f out of here. Telling people what they can and can't post and to leave is doing just that, acting as board patrol man. People are allowed to have different opinions than you. Anytime anyone posts anything you don't agree with, you jump down his throat, post your cute little face palm icon, or tell him to STFU. You argue with literally every last poster on here. There is a way to express disagreement without being a total ass you know. Just because someone expresses doubt about the team, that doesn't mean he thinks "the sky is falling". You read way too much into posts. In my post I said that I didn't feel as if the rotation was stable. You then counter with some nonsense about "wow, how dare you call Matt Harrison unstable". Not even close. If ever a post deserved a little face palm icon, yours did. The rotation is unstable. Matt Harrison is not the entire rotation. Feliz is hurt again. Oswalt has to have cortisone injections in his back just to be able to pitch. Derek Holland has not been consistently dominant his entire career. One start he's excellent, the next not so much. He is not highly reliable. He is the poster boy for unstable. Ogando has a grand total of 1/2 of a start under his belt this season. He was really good for the first half of last season, but he eventually wore down a bit and returned to the bullpen. Maybe he'll be just fine as a playoff starter. But I would hardly call him a sure thing at this point. So that's 4 unsure rotation pieces right there. Would you honestly feel comfortable with Yu as a playoff #2 right now? He'a been very erratic in his first year. At times he's awesome, other times not so much.

Notice I never said that the Rangers couldn't find success with those guys. But there is a very high level of uncertainty due to injury and consistency with our current rotation. If you honestly believe our rotation is stable right now, you need to take off the homer blinders.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well atleast he only gave up 1 run on 2 hits

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo, you really need to quit acting like the message board police who knows everything about baseball. And before denying that you do that, you tell people all the time to go sit on their hands until football season or to get the f out of here. Telling people what they can and can't post and to leave is doing just that, acting as board patrol man. People are allowed to have different opinions than you. Anytime anyone posts anything you don't agree with, you jump down his throat, post your cute little face palm icon, or tell him to STFU. You argue with literally every last poster on here. There is a way to express disagreement without being a total ass you know. Just because someone expresses doubt about the team, that doesn't mean he thinks "the sky is falling". You read way too much into posts. In my post I said that I didn't feel as if the rotation was stable. You then counter with some nonsense about "wow, how dare you call Matt Harrison unstable". Not even close. If ever a

post deserved a little face palm icon, yours did. The rotation is unstable. Matt Harrison is not the entire rotation. Feliz is hurt again. Oswalt has to have cortisone injections in his back just to be able to pitch. Derek Holland has not been consistently dominant his entire career. One start he's excellent, the next not so much. He is not highly reliable. He is the poster boy for unstable. Ogando has a grand total of 1/2 of a start under his belt this season. He was really good for the first half of last season, but he eventually wore down a bit and returned to the bullpen. Maybe he'll be just fine as a playoff starter. But I would hardly call him a sure thing at this point. So that's 4 unsure rotation pieces right there. Would you honestly feel comfortable with Yu as a playoff #2 right now? He'a been very erratic in his first year. At times he's awesome, other times not so much.

Notice I never said that the Rangers couldn't find success with those guys. But there is a very high level of uncertainty due to injury and consistency with our current rotation. If you honestly believe our rotation is stable right now, you need to take off the homer blinders.

I agree with the last paragraph

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo, you really need to quit acting like the message board police who knows everything about baseball. And before denying that you do that, you tell people all the time to go sit on their hands until football season or to get the f out of here. Telling people what they can and can't post and to leave is doing just that, acting as board patrol man. People are allowed to have different opinions than you. Anytime anyone posts anything you don't agree with, you jump down his throat, post your cute little face palm icon, or tell him to STFU. You argue with literally every last poster on here. There is a way to express disagreement without being a total ass you know. Just because someone expresses doubt about the team, that doesn't mean he thinks "the sky is falling". You read way too much into posts. In my post I said that I didn't feel as if the rotation was stable. You then counter with some nonsense about "wow, how dare you call Matt Harrison unstable". Not even close. If ever a post deserved a little face palm icon, yours did. The rotation is unstable. Matt Harrison is not the entire rotation. Feliz is hurt again. Oswalt has to have cortisone injections in his back just to be able to pitch. Derek Holland has not been consistently dominant his entire career. One start he's excellent, the next not so much. He is not highly reliable. He is the poster boy for unstable. Ogando has a grand total of 1/2 of a start under his belt this season. He was really good for the first half of last season, but he eventually wore down a bit and returned to the bullpen. Maybe he'll be just fine as a playoff starter. But I would hardly call him a sure thing at this point. So that's 4 unsure rotation pieces right there. Would you honestly feel comfortable with Yu as a playoff #2 right now? He'a been very erratic in his first year. At times he's awesome, other times not so much.

I have a right to call out stupidity just like you all have a right to post it. It's obvious that some of the new additions in here are nothing but Dallas Cowboys fans who are just bandwaggoners and have no concept of the history or inner workings of this team or it's FO. When somebody posts something stupid I'm going to call them on it. If they can't handle that maybe they shouldn't post.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you have to find a way to condense your thoughts. I won't take the time to read your paragraph upon paragraph of pointless drivel. I remember you doing the same thing on espn and being the same negative nancy chicken little you are on here. Thanks for your contributions but I pretty much scroll right over them.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I like you Romeo because I think you do know a thing or two about the game and you're a very passionate Rangers fan. Those two things are cool in my book. But you just seem a bit quick to judge others on here. You've done it with me more than once and each time you apologized for misinterpreting. Yeah, you're right that a few people on here seem to be bandwagon fans and yeah, some stupid stuff gets said. But if you try and disprove every one of them, you're gonna drive yourself crazy.

Now, back to the topic.... What is your prediction for the Rangers deadline moves: a) nothing at all, b) minor move or two (bench bat, reliever, etc.), or c) major acquisition?

For now I'll say B.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you have to find a way to condense your thoughts. I won't take the time to read your paragraph upon paragraph of pointless drivel. I remember you doing the same thing on espn and being the same negative nancy chicken little you are on here. Thanks for your contributions but I pretty much scroll right over them.

Gotta disagree, while he can be wordy at times, he's once of the more knowledgeable posters around and not really ever been a chicken little

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you haven't read my posts (which can get a bit long), then you have no right to call them drivel. Others on here seem to like them just fine and find them interesting. I tend to be a bit verbose because I back up my statements with well thought-out arguments and statistics instead of just spitting out one-line statements. To me the one-liners often qualify much more as drivel because they lack any kind of real thought or analysis. If you find my paragraph posts too long to read, then feel free to keep skipping over them.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree, while he can be wordy at times, he's once of the more knowledgeable posters around and not really ever been a chicken little

Thank you jta. I agree I do get a bit too loquacious and I probably should try to cut down the length of some of my posts. But I just type really fast and thoughts keep popping into my head. Good thing I'm not a writer or else my editor would go insane. And I'm not sure where he gets the chicken little thing. If anything, I'm probably too much of a homer/idealist.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry everyone. I'm wound tighter than a tick with the way things are going right now. You're a good poster will. I'm not so sure about some of these other newcomers though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I like you Romeo because I think you do know a thing or two about the game and you're a very passionate Rangers fan. Those two things are cool in my book. But you just seem a bit quick to judge others on here. You've done it with me more than once and each time you apologized for misinterpreting. Yeah, you're right that a few people on here seem to be bandwagon fans and yeah, some stupid stuff gets said. But if you try and disprove every one of them, you're gonna drive yourself crazy.

Now, back to the topic.... What is your prediction for the Rangers deadline moves: a) nothing at all, b) minor move or two (bench bat, reliever, etc.), or c) major acquisition?

For now I'll say B.

I could see them picking up pence maybe. My guess is ogando to the rotation while trading for a reliever and bench bat. I do think pence would be a good acquisition.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them picking up pence maybe. My guess is ogando to the rotation while trading for a reliever and bench bat. I do think pence would be a good acquisition.

I agree on Pence. In a dream world, we'd acquire Pence to play RF, Nelly would move to DH, and MY would be an expensive cheerleader on the bench. But we all know there is no way MY will ever be benched. He could bat .045 and sit down in the infield and draw pictures in the dirt and Wash would still find an excuse to play him. But as for Pence, absolutely would be a good pick-up. He's always hit well in Arlington.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Pence. In a dream world, we'd acquire Pence to play RF, Nelly would move to DH, and MY would be an expensive cheerleader on the bench. But we all know there is no way MY will ever be benched. He could bat .045 and sit down in the infield and draw pictures in the dirt and Wash would still find an excuse to play him. But as for Pence, absolutely would be a good pick-up. He's always hit well in Arlington.

Just never been a pence fan, just always thought he was overhyped, BC Houston fans had nothing else to cheer for and he is from the Dallas area

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just never been a pence fan, just always thought he was overhyped, BC Houston fans had nothing else to cheer for and he is from the Dallas area

He is overhyped as being a superstar, that's for sure. But in my opinion he's a very solid .275-.290 contact hitter with 25 HR power. I'd take just about anyone right now to displace MY as an everyday player.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is overhyped as being a superstar, that's for sure. But in my opinion he's a very solid .275-.290 contact hitter with 25 HR power. I'd take just about anyone right now to displace MY as an everyday player.

I'd take a player with those numbers all day. Of course wash would probably bat him 8th. :L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo's just a tad sensitive that I beat him again. As for Ogando, I thought he should've been getting all of Feldman's spot starts, but I don't know how I feel about him being a starter for the rest of the year. I'm not sure Pence is a real big upgrade over Murphy.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo's just a tad sensitive that I beat him again. As for Ogando, I thought he should've been getting all of Feldman's spot starts, but I don't know how I feel about him being a starter for the rest of the year. I'm not sure Pence is a real big upgrade over Murphy.

Other than being a switch hitter?