• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stinky!!! Long time, no see my good man. How have you been? I swear, you and I are on the same wave length. As much as I love Yu and Harry, I've been saying on here for a while now that I just don't feel comfortable with those two as our top two headed into the playoffs. Who would? Both are very nice pitchers. But as you pointed out, they're much more suited to the #3-4 playoff spots where there's less pressure. Not only do we not have a Cliff Lee or even playoff bust CJ Wilson to take the ball in game 1 this year, we're also missing our playoff bulldog Colby Lewis. I agree with your assessment 100%. I made a post just yesterday about how I think that JD has to have something in the works. Between JD's slick maneuvering, Nolan's competitiveness and baseball knowledge, and Ray Davis and Bob Simpson's deep pockets, I have to think that the Rangers brass won't be simply sitting idly by watching the team flounder and the Angels/A's get better. Too much work has been put into making this team the darlings of the AL West to just let the competition pass us by. Then again, I've been known to be wrong before, but my hopes remain high.

I know this sounds out of nowhere but would we go after someone like r.a dickey? Hes been an ace his perphials have matched his numbers and the mets are downhill it kinda makes sense to me so does ian kennedy. But we will know by july 31st how serious we are about making a big trade or upgrade. While i dont feel confident with harrison and yu at 1-2 they would look really good as 2 and 3 starters behind that ace. We will see though

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
am i concerned ---meh

baseball is a long season and this stuff happens as i said in the early post we will see what happens in the play-offs(they will make it in and then who knows what will happen)

so yes its not going good now but im not worried...

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are what 6-7 after the break.......at this time last month we were coming off a 13-2 run so lets see how it looks next month and if you wanna worry earlier then we will see how bad it will look after the angels series this week

we need to win 2 out of 4

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stinky!!! Long time, no see my good man. How have you been? I swear, you and I are on the same wave length. As much as I love Yu and Harry, I've been saying on here for a while now that I just don't feel comfortable with those two as our top two headed into the playoffs. Who would? Both are very nice pitchers. But as you pointed out, they're much more suited to the #3-4 playoff spots where there's less pressure. Not only do we not have a Cliff Lee or even playoff bust CJ Wilson to take the ball in game 1 this year, we're also missing our playoff bulldog Colby Lewis. I agree with your assessment 100%. I made a post just yesterday about how I think that JD has to have something in the works. Between JD's slick maneuvering, Nolan's competitiveness and baseball knowledge, and Ray Davis and Bob Simpson's deep pockets, I have to think that the Rangers brass won't be simply sitting idly by watching the team flounder and the Angels/A's get better. Too much work has been put into making this team the darlings of the AL West to just let the competition pass us by. Then again, I've been known to be wrong before, but my hopes remain high.

Like you said, this team won't continue to play this poorly. The A's have made no moves and the angels added at most two wins by adding Greinke. Hardly seems like they're blowing past us.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting the feeling hunter pence might be moved. Whether Texas has interest or not I have idea, but he could be provide a needed spark.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feliz scratched from rehab start tonight with elbow discomfort.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems more and more that we need a starter

Yeah. Even if you move ogando into the rotation your only backup option is Perez.... Any chance the discomfort part might just be a ploy?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Even if you move ogando into the rotation your only backup option is Perez.... Any chance the discomfort part might just be a ploy?

I dont know at this point. All i know is that this team is falling apart

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were still interested in johnson but asking price still high

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep im in the clouds!

I'm making rational factual statements. You're the one saying things like "this team is falling apart :pout:". While we're still 4 games up in the division. Obviously we have a need, but not to the point of desperation.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm making rational factual statements. You're the one saying things like "this team is falling apart :pout:". While we're still 4 games up in the division. Obviously we have a need, but not to the point of desperation.

Actually 3 and a half games

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feliz is done for the season. And Tommy John may be visiting him soon.