• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't know if somebody already posted this but Cliff Lee was taken off the market 6 hours ago.

Yes I did hear. This team needs a bat as much as a pitcher too. The same guys continue to struggle in the clutch. Josh is now hitting 145 for the month of July. No other way to say this but its horrendous. When is the breaking point for this guy? Really heard the boos tonite. I think he should sit the rest of this series and try to get him focused in on the Angels starting Monday.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
An LA radio station tonight reported that the Rangers wanted to move Hamilton. No source was given.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
An LA radio station tonight reported that the Rangers wanted to move Hamilton. No source was given.

I have heard that as well. Does not surprise me. I believe that were probably going to see some big moves to shake up this offense

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine the Rangers doing that. They would be trading him at an all-time low, with him in the worst slump of his career and free agency looming. Only a big spender like the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Dodgers, or Angels would be willing to give up anything to get Hamilton because they would have the confidence in re-signing him next year. Rangers wouldn't deal with the Angels and the Cubs and Red Sox aren't buyers. That would leave really only the Dodgers and Yankees as possible trade partners. The return would not be worth losing the team's most dangerous hitter in the stretch run of a World Series year.

Granted, Hamilton has been absolutely horrible lately, but still I would have to believe that's wishful thinking by that LA source.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine the Rangers doing that. They would be trading him at an all-time low, with him in the worst slump of his career and free agency looming. Only a big spender like the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Dodgers, or Angels would be willing to give up anything to get Hamilton because they would have the confidence in re-signing him next year. Rangers wouldn't deal with the Angels and the Cubs and Red Sox aren't buyers. That would leave really only the Dodgers and Yankees as possible trade partners. The return would not be worth losing the team's most dangerous hitter in the stretch run of a World Series year.

Granted, Hamilton has been absolutely horrible lately, but still I would have to believe that's wishful thinking by that LA source.

What World series run? I think the angels just got better than us today

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What World series run? I think the angels just got better than us today

I think you need to take a breather and realize the sky isn't falling.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If it were true there would have to be some creativity to make it happen. Would have to think there would have to be a package of players involved. Just cant imagine this happening

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for the Rangers to pull off a complete shocker and land a superstar that all of the "sources" previously said was untouchable... a deal which surprises everyone and really gives them a distinct advantage. I know that's probably hoping for too much, but it would just be so cool to land a King Felix or a Carlos Gonzalez.

I think landing a big fish could also possibly re-energize the team and shake them out of their so-so playing. I really hope JD has something up his sleeve.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for the Rangers to pull off a complete shocker and land a superstar that all of the "sources" previously said was untouchable... a deal which surprises everyone and really gives them a distinct advantage. I know that's probably hoping for too much, but it would just be so cool to land a King Felix or a Carlos Gonzalez.

I think landing a big fish could also possibly re-energize the team and shake them out of their so-so playing. I really hope JD has something up his sleeve.

I could be wrong but I think you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. I believe JD is working something, but I don't believe it's anything like that. What am I basing this on? Just my gut feelings. However, just because JD doesn't make a huge move like you're hoping for doesn't mean JD is phoning it in. It just means JD wasn't willing to mortgage the future for whatever was actually available.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like roy oswalt a lot when healthy hes expierenced pitcher and would be a really good 3 or 4 starter for us. I still think hes good with a 3.85 FIP and 3.73 xFIP

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I don think that will happen but I do think there's a little foreshadowing goin on here. I think Hamilton has rubbed the whole organization the wrong way since his relapse.

After the relapse josh went on the defensive saying he doesn't owe Texas anything and there isn't going to be a hometown discount and a handful of other stupid things. The. His wife gets in on the we don't owe Texas anything talk. I think the rangers organization definitely feels like they helped josh out A LOT and I believe they felt some hurt when josh started rambling on about not owing anyone anything.

Now with the two month long slump, josh not doing anything to fix it or even being open to fixing his problems have broke the camels back so to speak. I think Ryan and JD were givin josh the benefit of the doubt for a while but now I think they are sick of him and probably have put out some feelers just to see what could happen. The foreshadowIng is I don think Ryan and JD are interested in resigning josh, especially at the price that is being thrown around.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don think that will happen but I do think there's a little foreshadowing goin on here. I think Hamilton has rubbed the whole organization the wrong way since his relapse.

After the relapse josh went on the defensive saying he doesn't owe Texas anything and there isn't going to be a hometown discount and a handful of other stupid things. The. His wife gets in on the we don't owe Texas anything talk. I think the rangers organization definitely feels like they helped josh out A LOT and I believe they felt some hurt when josh started rambling on about not owing anyone anything.

Now with the two month long slump, josh not doing anything to fix it or even being open to fixing his problems have broke the camels back so to speak. I think Ryan and JD were givin josh the benefit of the doubt for a while but now I think they are sick of him and probably have put out some feelers just to see what could happen. The foreshadowIng is I don think Ryan and JD are interested in resigning josh, especially at the price that is being thrown around.

I love how getting drunk makes him relapse Josh, yes for him its a different story, but still all he did was get drunk, its not like he got back on the pipe

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TR Sullivan reported today that the Rangers really aren't very high on Josh Johnson. Other sources are claiming that the Rangers have also cooled on James Shields as well. So either: a) we're unfortunately sticking with what we've got for some strange reason, b) JD is cleverly creating doubt about those players to drive down their asking price, or c) it's all been a big smoke screen with a different move altogether on the horizon.

Personally I'm hoping for B or C. I just really don't feel very confident in the rotation with Colby gone. Harrison is the only starter now without a major question mark. Yu has been very mediocre over his last several starts, Holland and Ogando have both been extremely inconsistent, and Feliz and Oswalt are injury risks. It's possible that 3 out of those 5 pitch very well and we have a solid playoff rotation. But that sure is banking on a lot going right.