• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman Medndez has been scratched from tonight's start. Could be nothing but shuffling the rotation or it could be a deal moving.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I love how getting drunk makes him relapse Josh, yes for him its a different story, but still all he did was get drunk, its not like he got back on the pipe

Well I can tell u as a man in recovery myself(not alcohol) that "just" getting drunk for a former addict is a relapse. I'm not saying that's why they are giving up on him at all. I think they feel like they have bent over backwards not to give up on him and then he started the "I don't owe Texas". I love josh as a player so I hope everything works out. Just my thought on what may be going on and why rumors are out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TR Sullivan reported today that the Rangers really aren't very high on Josh Johnson. Other sources are claiming that the Rangers have also cooled on James Shields as well. So either: a) we're unfortunately sticking with what we've got for some strange reason, b) JD is cleverly creating doubt about those players to drive down their asking price, or c) it's all been a big smoke screen with a different move altogether on the horizon.

Personally I'm hoping for B or C. I just really don't feel very confident in the rotation with Colby gone. Harrison is the only starter now without a major question mark. Yu has been very mediocre over his last several starts, Holland and Ogando have both been extremely inconsistent, and Feliz and Oswalt are injury risks. It's possible that 3 out of those 5 pitch very well and we have a solid playoff rotation. But that sure is banking on a lot going right.

I beginning to think that A) may be the best choice. Here's some of what I think Rangers have going against them:

1. Lewis is out. He is the Ace for the playoffs. His 2.34 ERA is #1 among active pitchers with at least 7 post season starts. He is 16th all time. I think this is the biggest blow of all.
2. No home field advantage (again).
3. All the pitchers the Rangers wanted are not available anymore.
4. The Angles just reloaded. They have 3 #1 starters now and their stock is going up.
5. The A's are now a player.
6. The team has not shown that it can run on all 8 cylinders since April.
7. It's hard to go to the world series 3 years in a row.
8. Hamilton has gone from an MVP to a nightmare.
9. Too many injuries.
10. There seems that some complacency has set in.

There are baseball people out there that think the Rangers still have the best team in baseball with what they have right now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking ogando to the rotation and Texas trades for a lights out reliever with Feliz lying in waiting. The angels probably added two wins at most by adding Greinke. If this team gets going again that won't be enough.

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
now it looks like the angels are trying to extend greinke. they are throwing a lot of money around these days......

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now it looks like the angels are trying to extend greinke. they are throwing a lot of money around these days......

The thing is all this money only opens a vee brief window for them and then slams it shut. It's funny to watch them spends gobs of money out of pure jealousy.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The trade would not have been made if the Angels thought they could not sign him. They would not have given up those 3 prospects for a guaranteed rental.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet that Josh explodes in the playoffs like he did against New York in '10 or Nelly against Detroit last year. It's a good thing he's getting his slump out of the way now. He'll pull it back together during crunch time. I'm not so confident about Young.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet that Josh explodes in the playoffs like he did against New York in '10 or Nelly against Detroit last year. It's a good thing he's getting his slump out of the way now. He'll pull it back together during crunch time. I'm not so confident about Young.

We'll see. I don't have much confidence in either right now.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Josh Hamilton to fans: It's going to be good - ESPN

Josh hints that there's something going on behind the scenes he can't tell us about but when the time is right he will. Care to take a guess? My first thought was contract extension, but probably not.

I took it to mean that there's another story behind his slump which he can't tell much about now. Maybe an undisclosed injury? A family matter which he's not at liberty to discuss? His comments seemed to indicate that he is confident that the slump will end because there is something undisclosed which will eventually run its course which is causing it. That's just how I took it anyway. And if that is the correct interpretation, who knows whether it's true or Josh is just trying to buy himself some more time with a mysterious excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I took it to mean that there's another story behind his slump which he can't tell much about now. Maybe an undisclosed injury? A family matter which he's not at liberty to discuss? His comments seemed to indicate that he is confident that the slump will end because there is something undisclosed which will eventually run its course which is causing it. That's just how I took it anyway. And if that is the correct interpretation, who knows whether it's true or Josh is just trying to buy himself some more time with a mysterious excuse.

My guess is that it would have to be an injury that he doesn't want to discuss because that would obviously effect his offseason plans

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love you Will.

You're just as big a concerned fan as I am.

But I didnt take it that way.

I'm more worried about depending on Raw, but talented Yu and number 3 grade Harrison (never will be a true ace) as our top 2 starters.

Daniels and co must know it's gonna be hard to get to the WS and win it with that as our top 2.

For now, I choose to believe they have a deal up their sleeves to stabilize this rotation or else we will have to not expect glory this season unless we are very lucky.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love you Will.

I'm more worried about depending on Raw, but talented Yu and number 3 grade Harrison (never will be a true ace) as our top 2 starters.

Daniels and co must know it's gonna be hard to get to the WS and win it with that as our top 2.

For now, I choose to believe they have a deal up their sleeves to stabilize this rotation or else we will have to not expect glory this season unless we are very lucky.

He's looked better than a #3 this year. I don't think he's an ace by any means but I'd say he's an elite #3 or a solid #2.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of negativity from the fans of the back 2 back AL champs and owner of the 2nd best record in the AL........they are not playing great but they arent playing horrible either.....we will be just fine and we will see what happens in the play-offs

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of negativity from the fans of the back 2 back AL champs and owner of the 2nd best record in the AL........they are not playing great but they arent playing horrible either.....we will be just fine and we will see what happens in the play-offs

You must
Of not watched todays game

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about JD is you never know whats going to happen

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not negativity, just realism. This team is playing like absolute dog crap right now. Plain and simple. If you think otherwise, you're just burying your head in the sand and not paying attention. However, having said that, I'm certainly not giving up or buying into the whole "sky is falling" mentality. This team is too talented to keep playing this poorly. Things will turn around. I am confident of that. My only concern is how much they will turn around and if it will be enough to win the division or make it back to the World Series. Maybe, maybe not. I remain hopeful and confident they can get it done. But if you're a diehard Rangers fan and you're not the slightest bit concerned, I really question your baseball knowledge. The supposed top 2 pitchers on our team just got rocked on back to back nights. Neither of them have looked dominant for a while now. Our hitting is, to be polite, missing in action. The defense has even looked shaky lately, and we have a mini controversy on our hands with our top hitter. I guess things could be worse, but they certainly could be better. I wish things were better now, but they're not. I wish we had already obtained an ace pitcher or impact bat, but we haven't. But despite all of the negativity surrounding this team right now, I do believe it will get better. I don't think it makes me or anyone else on here a bad fan to be pointing out the obvious- that this team stinks on most nights right now and they aren't playing to their abilities. The difference is a bad fan would quit on them right now. I don't see that from anyone here.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love you Will.

Stinky!!! Long time, no see my good man. How have you been? I swear, you and I are on the same wave length. As much as I love Yu and Harry, I've been saying on here for a while now that I just don't feel comfortable with those two as our top two headed into the playoffs. Who would? Both are very nice pitchers. But as you pointed out, they're much more suited to the #3-4 playoff spots where there's less pressure. Not only do we not have a Cliff Lee or even playoff bust CJ Wilson to take the ball in game 1 this year, we're also missing our playoff bulldog Colby Lewis. I agree with your assessment 100%. I made a post just yesterday about how I think that JD has to have something in the works. Between JD's slick maneuvering, Nolan's competitiveness and baseball knowledge, and Ray Davis and Bob Simpson's deep pockets, I have to think that the Rangers brass won't be simply sitting idly by watching the team flounder and the Angels/A's get better. Too much work has been put into making this team the darlings of the AL West to just let the competition pass us by. Then again, I've been known to be wrong before, but my hopes remain high.