• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincecum?!? That is laughable. Lincecum has fallen off a cliff. He is nowhere near as good as Greinke right now. Greinke also has better numbers than Josh Johnson and a better FIP than Cole Hamels. Jon Lester has lost velocity and his numbers have declined for two years straight. The Red Sox would trade him for Greinke straight up in a heartbeat.

You've seriously undervalued Matt Cain too. Cain is downright dominant.

Even if you put a couple more pitchers ahead of Greinke, I would still call a top-15 overall starter, recent CY Young winner with a 3.4 ERA, and better than a K per inning ratio an ace.

Cain > Greinke. Definitely a true ace.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought CJ finished 6th in CY-A last year? :shrug:

and lets not forget that Greinke's CYA year was back in Kansas City. In 2009. Other years? Not even mentioned in the race.

Oh, and Greinke's #'s against the AL = not impressive.

60-67. Almost a 4 ERA lifetime.

Finishing a distant 6th in Cy Young voting is not what I would consider almost winning it. Greinke has a sub-4 ERA for an entire career of starting spanning 9 seasons. When you factor in his first two rough seasons and his final injury-plagued season in KC, I'd say that's pretty impressive.

The fact that I'm having to defend Zack Greinke as an ace pitcher is laughable, when every last scout, analyst, and general manager on the planet defines him as such.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Add these in front of him as well.
Price, J. Johnson, Hamels, Lincecum (and Carpenter & Wainwright when healthy)

He's on the same plane as Lester, CJ, Gallardo, Cain. He's good...but not...as you like to say.. "elite".

Lincecum and J Johnson are not even close to being better than greinke if you are talking about this year which is all that matters.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincecum and J Johnson are not even close to being better than greinke if you are talking about this year which is all that matters.

Thank you. To list Lincecum as a better pitcher right now than Greinke is a horrible joke. Lincecum has been so awful that the Giants considered removing him from the rotation entirely. Tim Lincecum of 2010- ok, yeah. But this isn't 2010. Might as well call Josh Beckett and Johan Santana better too.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any way you look at it, the Angels have turned into a team which makes the Yankees look both frugal and smart by comparison. They have completely gutted and forgone any semblance of a minor league system and Arte Moreno's spending out of envy has gotten completely out of control. It pisses him off so badly that the Rangers have turned into the AL West's powerhouse that he is willing to spend whatever it takes, buy whoever it takes, trade for whoever it takes, and hand out as many awful contracts as it takes to win again. The laughable part of it all is that the Angels' 3 best players are all home-grown talents (Weaver, Trout, Trumbo). Pujols can still mash, but he's worth nowhere near that awful contract. Haren is inconsistent, Santana and Hunter's contracts are terrible, and Vernon Wells is being paid 21 million to sit and do nothing. If they do retain Greinke, their payroll will be so out of control it will be sickening.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any way you look at it, the Angels have turned into a team which makes the Yankees look both frugal and smart by comparison. They have completely gutted and forgone any semblance of a minor league system and Arte Moreno's spending out of envy has gotten completely out of control. It pisses him off so badly that the Rangers have turned into the AL West's powerhouse that he is willing to spend whatever it takes, buy whoever it takes, trade for whoever it takes, and hand out as many awful contracts as it takes to win again. The laughable part of it all is that the Angels' 3 best players are all home-grown talents (Weaver, Trout, Trumbo). Pujols can still mash, but he's worth nowhere near that awful contract. Haren is inconsistent, Santana and Hunter's contracts are terrible, and Vernon Wells is being paid 21 million to sit and do nothing. If they do retain Greinke, their payroll will be so out of control it will be sickening.

Yup. And while these awful moves give them a chance this year they completely handcuff them for the next 7-10. They're already trying to dump Wells and that awful contract as if anyone would take him. :lol:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Swami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we know the Angels aren't in on Johnson. If the rangers acquire him you have to think it was their plan all along and you know Olt is included in that deal.

I think it makes the most sense with what we've supposedly been wanting to do. Get a frontline starter that's more than just a rental. It's been said all along that they didn't want to give up Olt or any premium talent for a rental.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. And while these awful moves give them a chance this year they completely handcuff them for the next 7-10. They're already trying to dump Wells and that awful contract as if anyone would take him. :lol:

The Vernon Wells deal is just hilarious. But I actually feel sorry for Vernon. I grew up playing baseball with him in Arlington and he's a nice guy. He's very talented too, just nowhere near as good as what the Blue Jays (and now Angels) paid him. I think that contract actually severely hurt his career. It made him rich, but from the moment he signed it and didn't live up to it, he began hearing the constant criticism. I think he started trying too hard to live up to it, and then when injuries compounded the problems, things just got worse. He's actually a player who I wouldn't mind seeing the Rangers pick up for a bargain make-good discount after his awful deal with the Angels expires. I think a change of scenery and playing in his hometown could revive his career.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well we know the Angels aren't in on Johnson. If the rangers acquire him you have to think it was their plan all along and you know Olt is included in that deal.

The Angels didn't have to trade Bourjos and Richards for Grienke. They may not be done yet.

There may be a plan in place to sign Grienke so he may not just be a rental.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offer for Greinke was reportedly Leury Garcia, Chad Bell, and Justin Grimm. In other words "we don't really want Greinke, but if you're willing to accept our scraps we'll take him". Now it's also being reported that we're likely not going to land Johnson or Shields. After the way Darvish and Ogando looked tonight, I feel really confident with what we've got, let me tell you.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jayson Stark says the Angels have 3 number one's now and the Rangers have 0.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayson Stark is correct.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cross Scutaro off the wish list too. Giants just picked him up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offer for Greinke was reportedly Leury Garcia, Chad Bell, and Justin Grimm. In other words "we don't really want Greinke, but if you're willing to accept our scraps we'll take him". Now it's also being reported that we're likely not going to land Johnson or Shields. After the way Darvish and Ogando looked tonight, I feel really confident with what we've got, let me tell you.

Calm down there chicken little.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down there chicken little.

I'm perfectly calm. Just relaying what's being reported. And I hardly think not being thrilled with the pitching tonight is a "sky is falling" mentality.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 4 #1 pitchers for the angels. Rangers none. This lead will shrink fast if Haren is back to form

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't know if somebody already posted this but Cliff Lee was taken off the market 6 hours ago.