• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will take who ever we can get for borbon,odor(no need for him with ian/maybe elvis sliding over to 2nd),bucknel and villaneuva and thats it those are solid prospects and expendable since they are blocked by mlb players/higher ranked prospects

if nobody wants 3 of our top 10 recruits then just roll with the staff we got (which im fine with for probably about the 6th time)

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor is still a couple years out.... anything can happen in a couple years where he wouldnt be "blocked". IMO.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will take who ever we can get for borbon,odor(no need for him with ian/maybe elvis sliding over to 2nd),bucknel and villaneuva and thats it those are solid prospects and expendable since they are blocked by mlb players/higher ranked prospects

if nobody wants 3 of our top 10 recruits then just roll with the staff we got (which im fine with for probably about the 6th time)

Well by time Odor is ready Ian's contract will be about up

If we keep Profar and Andrus, than if anything Profar might be moving to 3B once Beltre is done, or begins DHing part time, who better to learn 3B from than Adrian Beltre

Trading people b/c they currently don't have a position is how A. Gonzalez ended up in SD and he was already ML ready, not to say anything about a guy who's just now in A ball

I still think Profar spends a good chunk of next year in AAA, service time and experience, with a september call-up

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm still hanging on to the thought that next week TEX gets to potentially graduate Olt to AAA. Having enjoyed seeing a real 3bman at 3b with Beltre here I had forgotten what one looked like.

Maybe Olt comes up to platoon at 1b and take time at 3d and DH ... then when Beltre moves across to 1b and Olt takes over at 3d full time. Profar and Andrus in the middle in whatever lineup works best ... with Kinsler moving to LF.

But that is all seriously a couple of years away. Hope all the pieces are still here next Wednesday.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still hanging on to the thought that next week TEX gets to potentially graduate Olt to AAA. Having enjoyed seeing a real 3bman at 3b with Beltre here I had forgotten what one looked like.

Maybe Olt comes up to platoon at 1b and take time at 3d and DH ... then when Beltre moves across to 1b and Olt takes over at 3d full time. Profar and Andrus in the middle in whatever lineup works best ... with Kinsler moving to LF.

But that is all seriously a couple of years away. Hope all the pieces are still here next Wednesday.

I still think Olt is Chris Davis (here) 2.0, better glove, maybe better plate discipline

I'd trade him in a heartbeat for something worthwhile

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still think Olt is Chris Davis (here) 2.0, better glove, maybe better plate discipline

I'd trade him in a heartbeat for something worthwhile

Hopefully better plate discipline. CD was a pretty darn good 1bman. It was like Moses in the desert between Texeira leaving and Davis arriving. Remember Jason Botts and Chris Shelton? ... or Hank Blalock?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't counter with an equally impressive trade, I'm going to be disappointed. The Angels just replaced Jerome Williams or Ervin Santana (whichever they choose) with Zack Greinke. Weaver, Greinke, Wilson, Haren... with their offense and that foursome, they're going to win on most nights. I'm really hoping JD has something big up his sleeve which will make the Greinke acquisition look minor by comparison.

Segura is just a decent prospect. He might be the Angels' "top prospect", but he doesn't even rank in the top 50 overall in baseball, at least according to Keith Law. I would have thought that a rental of Greinke would have commanded more than that return.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, if Olt isnt shipped out by the trade deadline.... I see him being moved in the winter.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we don't counter with an equally impressive trade, I'm going to be disappointed. The Angels just replaced Jerome Williams or Ervin Santana (whichever they choose) with Zack Greinke. Weaver, Greinke, Wilson, Haren... with their offense and that foursome, they're going to win on most nights. I'm really hoping JD has something big up his sleeve which will make the Greinke acquisition look minor by comparison.

Segura is just a decent prospect. He might be the Angels' "top prospect", but he doesn't even rank in the top 50 overall in baseball, at least according to Keith Law. I would have thought that a rental of Greinke would have commanded more than that return.

I am glad we did not give up Olt. Its going to take a special player for the FO to give up Olt, Perez or Profar.
We have a slew of good prospects in the infield if we want to deal for Shields or Johnson. Leurys Garcia, L.Sardinas and R.Odor all have value. You can throw in a J.Grimm or C.Buckel as well

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we seriously just fed Zack Greinke to the Angels because we refuse to part with Mike Olt at all, that will be a black eye on JD's resume. I have to think that JD has something bigger planned with Olt involved. Olt's high strikeout totals make me believe he's more likely to become Chris Davis than he is Evan Longoria.

I do believe JD has something planned.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JD turns around and trades Mike Olt for someone lesser like James Shields, I'm not going to be very happy. I'd rather rent Zack Greinke for 2 months than have another #2-3 like Shields for an additional year. What good is having control of a player for another year if that player isn't going to win you a World Series? We already have the players to make the playoffs.

At this point, I hope JD either packages Olt for a massive return, maybe a surprise like King Felix or Carlos Gonzalez, or maybe Josh Johnson, or just holds onto Olt for the long-term.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad we did not give up Olt. Its going to take a special player for the FO to give up Olt, Perez or Profar.
We have a slew of good prospects in the infield if we want to deal for Shields or Johnson. Leurys Garcia, L.Sardinas and R.Odor all have value. You can throw in a J.Grimm or C.Buckel as well

We have no need for Shields. None. We already have 5 starters every bit as good as Shields. James Shields has had one very good year and a bunch of other years not any better than what Holland and Feliz are currently capable of. Three different AL scouts have even commented after watching Shields pitch this week that whoever acquires him will be overpaying and that his stuff wasn't all that special.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If JD turns around and trades Mike Olt for someone lesser like James Shields, I'm not going to be very happy. I'd rather rent Zack Greinke for 2 months than have another #2-3 like Shields for an additional year. What good is having control of a player for another year if that player isn't going to win you a World Series? We already have the players to make the playoffs.

At this point, I hope JD either packages Olt for a massive return, maybe a surprise like King Felix or Carlos Gonzalez, or maybe Josh Johnson, or just holds onto Olt for the long-term.

Will you hit the head on the nail. Watch out for Cargo. His left handed bat would explode in Arlington. King Felix would be the prize. Now we can start talking about moving Olt and a package for these two

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have no need for Shields. None. We already have 5 starters every bit as good as Shields. James Shields has had one very good year and a bunch of other years not any better than what Holland and Feliz are currently capable of. Three different AL scouts have even commented after watching Shields pitch this week that whoever acquires him will be overpaying and that his stuff wasn't all that special.

Shields would be on the bottom of my list. I like Johnson much more. Either way were not looking at having to give up our top prospects, but my hunch here is that JD has somehting big in the works

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just say easy there guys. JD knows what he's doing and I think he has something planned. It could be a huge block buster deal, and it may not be. But JD has earned my trust and whatever he has planned has been planned and analyzed again and again. I just think things have been eerily quiet from the rangers and something will happen Sunday or Monday.

Also, the Angels have absolutely nothing in the farm now. Lol.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm just not as high on Mike Olt as others are. The Rangers have had countless "special prospects" come up through the system at the corner infield positions who never amounted to the hype... Hank Blalock (good for a few years), Jason Botts, Chris Davis, Justin Smoak... those guys for the most part mashed at AA but none became truly irreplaceable superstars. Maybe Olt is different. But I see a guy who is striking out a lot and currently blocked by the best 3B the team has ever had (granted, Olt could move to 1B). I see the reasoning behind protecting can't-miss middle infield stars like Andrus and now Profar. And I also definitely see the value in refusing to sell off top young arms like Holland, Feliz, and now Perez (especially considering the history the Rangers have had attracting free agent pitchers). But corner bats can be had on the free agent market. Hitters want to come to Arlington. I wouldn't just give away Olt just to trade, but I would if it meant getting a World Series difference-making ace. Hopefully that's exactly what JD is up to as we speak.