• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will texas maybe Get in a Trade?

: Your picks?

• Josh Johnson

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cliff Lee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Zack Greinke

• Cole Hamels

• Matt Garza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, as soon as they say "Profar" I'd hang up. Then 5 minutes later I'd call back and explain that the laughter in Arlington was too much and now that we have our breaths back we'd like a real starting line.

Buster Olney made a comment that he felt like the rangers would be the most "desperate" to get Greinke. I would think the Angela and A's would be much more desperate being 5 games back.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Olney made a comment that he felt like the rangers would be the most "desperate" to get Greinke. I would think the Angela and A's would be much more desperate being 5 games back.

Yup. Considering that if we get another pitcher we have to move someone somewhere. Holland/Harrison/Yu/Roy/Feliz/New guy with a BP with long relief of Ogando and Feldman. Put Feliz out there and you have three long relief guys?

If you are looking at trading one of those guys, then the level of desperation seems to go down quite a bit. It isn't like we are 5 games back and having to skip E Santana because he has been getting smoked all year and have no one after Weaver, CJ, and Haren (who only doesn't suck every 3rd outings)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Considering that if we get another pitcher we have to move someone somewhere. Holland/Harrison/Yu/Roy/Feliz/New guy with a BP with long relief of Ogando and Feldman. Put Feliz out there and you have three long relief guys?

If you are looking at trading one of those guys, then the level of desperation seems to go down quite a bit. It isn't like we are 5 games back and having to skip E Santana because he has been getting smoked all year and have no one after Weaver, CJ, and Haren (who only doesn't suck every 3rd outings)

looks like the Angels are going all in on someone, they have restructured their starting rotation and have left Sunday's spot open as if they expect to pick up someone to fill that spot.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like the Angels are going all in on someone, they have restructured their starting rotation and have left Sunday's spot open as if they expect to pick up someone to fill that spot.

Grienke is supposed to start on Sunday for MKE, maybe they plan on plugging him in.

That is going to 100% gut anything the Angels have that might resemble minor league talent. I'm guessing Borjous + Garret + 2 or 3 other prospects that aren't close to ours.

JD needs to keep MKE on the hook until Sunday afternoon. Keep pretending like a deal might happen, just long enough to screw up the Angels rotation a bit.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If
Angels get greinke then they have weaver, greinke, c.j, haren thats 4 potential aces. Do not want. Im sure rangers dont want that to happen either

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If
Angels get greinke then they have weaver, greinke, c.j, haren thats 4 potential aces. Do not want. Im sure rangers dont want that to happen either

with 2 potential aces available on the market in Greinke and Johnson, the Rangers can only stop the Angels from getting one of them and only trading for one of them. and the Angels are also supposedly looking hard at James Shields

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About them
Asking for 2-3 top 3 of teams prospects?

Several baseball sources told ESPN.com the Marlins are asking for each team's top two or three prospects in every trade scenario involving Johnson.

"They're asking for a ton,'' said an American League general manager. Another baseball source said the Marlins' demands are so exorbitant that their trade proposals are basically ''non-starters'' for clubs interested in having a dialogue.

The Rangers, Blue Jays, Orioles, Angels, Braves and Red Sox are among numerous teams interested in dealing for Johnson. Indications are that Miami's talks with clubs have focused on such elite prospects as Jurickson Profar, Mike Olt and Martin Perez in Texas, Dylan Bundy and Manny Machado in Baltimore and Travis D'Arnaud and Anthony Gose of Toronto.

Miami Marlins asking 'a ton' for RHP Josh Johnson, sources say - ESPN

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with 2 potential aces available on the market in Greinke and Johnson, the Rangers can only stop the Angels from getting one of them and only trading for one of them. and the Angels are also supposedly looking hard at James Shields

Rays turned down the initial offer the Angels threw out for Shields... fyi.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get the feeling that the Angels will really pull the trigger on an Ace. They are lacking in prospects and they don't need one. They are just muddying the waters and running up prices for Texas.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the feeling that the Angels will really pull the trigger on an Ace. They are lacking in prospects and they don't need one. They are just muddying the waters and running up prices for Texas.

Exactly, all the Angels talent outside Cron and Segura are on the ML roster already

And Cron and Segura are not of the quality that should be able to land them an ace, but hey we're talking about the Marlins here and we saw what they got for Hanley Ramirez

They'll be lucky to get one top level prospect for an oft-injured Johnson, who just happens to have been healthy this year, and they should be counting their lucky stars to get someone like Olt and then call it a good day

Top 2-3 prospects my ass

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

did anyone expect them to sign Pujols or even CJ during the off-season? not needing another ace doesn't mean they won't pull the trigger again

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank you i was aware of that but it doesn't mean they've withdrawn their interest in him

James Shields good for the regular season (takes his turn, goes deep in games)

Mediocre for the playoffs

The Angels can strip whatever minor league talent they have left to get him, suits me fine

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, all the Angels talent outside Cron and Segura are on the ML roster already

And Cron and Segura are not of the quality that should be able to land them an ace, but hey we're talking about the Marlins here and we saw what they got for Hanley Ramirez

They'll be lucky to get one top level prospect for an oft-injured Johnson, who just happens to have been healthy this year, and they should be counting their lucky stars to get someone like Olt and then call it a good day

Top 2-3 prospects my ass

i agree the Marlins supposedly are wanting way too much

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone expect them to sign Pujols or even CJ during the off-season? not needing another ace doesn't mean they won't pull the trigger again

Signing someone and being able to pull the trigger on a trade are totally different,

signing those goes just meant they had to open up their pocket book b/c they actually have money

Being able to pull off a trade means they have to give up prospects, which they don't have (if they could give up money they would they have that)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, but I think those two signings are part of why they do nothing now. They have pitching, they missed out on a big part of a draft because of it, and they already had a weak farm system. They have good young players at the ML level, but I'd be thrilled if they tapped into that to get another pitcher. Borjous is about the only expendable piece.

I guess they could try to unload Wells contract :pound:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree the Marlins supposedly are wanting way too much

I trust Crasnick and I was hearing the same thing from TR Sullivan yesterday, which just goes to show how broken the Marlins FO truly is, they have no concept of value

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but I think those two signings are part of why they do nothing now. They have pitching, they missed out on a big part of a draft because of it, and they already had a weak farm system. They have good young players at the ML level, but I'd be thrilled if they tapped into that to get another pitcher. Borjous is about the only expendable piece.

I guess they could try to unload Wells contract :pound:

Burjos, Richards (which means Santana or Williams stays in the rotation for the regular season), Cron and/or Segura

That would be a colossal overpay for Shields, but by all means Angels, do it

because after that, the Angels won't have squat with which to deal with