• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the Broncos starting qb next year?

Who's the Broncos 2016 opening day starting qb?

• Trevor Siemian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • RG3

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Sam Bradford (rumor is the Eagles might trade him)

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Paxton Lynch

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Dak Prescott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the trade value gets to high my guess is week 1 starter is Colin Kaepernick. Just makes too much sense and the Broncos have actually gotten extended looks at him as they have practiced a couple of years now during training camp. So Broncos have gotten a good look at the guy plus Elway has a great relationship with the GM for the 49ers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the trade value gets to high my guess is week 1 starter is Colin Kaepernick. Just makes too much sense and the Broncos have actually gotten extended looks at him as they have practiced a couple of years now during training camp. So Broncos have gotten a good look at the guy plus Elway has a great relationship with the GM for the 49ers.

If both were FAs I'd take Kaep because he's more durable. I think both guys can be molded into what Kubiak wants.

Considering the CH is probably going to be lower for RG3 (Kaep is $15m for '16 I think) and no draft pick sacrificed...seems more doable.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both were FAs I'd take Kaep because he's more durable. I think both guys can be molded into what Kubiak wants.

Considering the CH is probably going to be lower for RG3 (Kaep is $15m for '16 I think) and no draft pick sacrificed...seems more doable.

Well the news coming out of Denver today is that if the Broncos trade for Kaepernick it will be with the understanding that he will re-do his deal when he gets to Denver. They do not want him at that Cap Hit. So if he is not willing to do that or the trade cost is too much then yes RGIII quickly jumps to the top of the list.

I do know that John Elway and company have talked to people who have worked with RGIII. They have gotten mixed reviews so far. He is definitely on their radar but I think they see Kaepernick as a guy with a little less baggage if he were to come to Denver. Also the injury history of RGIII really does hurt his value.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other:

John Elway pulls the helmet out of the attic and straps it on for one more run at glory!

I still think Fitzpatrick makes all the sense in the world for the Broncos. But the money is so crazy right now and the Broncos don't have a ton of space to maneuver.

I wonder if they aren't kicking the doors just to see what the 49ers want for Kaep. His athletic ability and strong arm would fit what Kubiak wants to do in his offense.

lol , Elway the first player GM !

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick, he fits the system perfectly and has shown flashes of brilliance before. He's not perfect and needs some work but he'd fit in quite nicely.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misspelled "to learn how to read."

Hey but you should be happy though, you guys got rid of Ron Jeremy and now are coached by Barney Rubble, give it a couple more years and you might actually have a competent coach.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misspelled "to learn how to read."

Hmmm I guess is 4.0 GPA in high school and his 4.0 GPA in college mean he can't read. Or how about his 37 wonderlic score when the QB average is 24.

Attack him for some things but intelligence isn't one of them.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hmmm I guess is 4.0 GPA in high school and his 4.0 GPA in college mean he can't read. Or how about his 37 wonderlic score when the QB average is 24.

Attack him for some things but intelligence isn't one of them.

Sorry.

He misspelled "to learn how to read... a defense."

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how people keep saying that Denver won't make the playoffs with Kaepernick. These are the same people that were talking trash all last season because of Denver not winning games because of the offense. These are also the same people that either said that Denver would be one and done in the playoffs and wouldn't win the Super Bowl with subpar QB play. How about we actually wait and see what happens because both QBs that they lost had a combined 20 total TDs and 24 total turnovers. I'm not sure if they're Super Bowl bound just yet but this Broncos team in my opinion is STILL a playoff team even with the AFC West getting better.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
necessary-2.jpg

These 2 are coming to save the day. They may be a little bit older but they still have a year or two left. Backup would be Elway for obvious reasons.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still intrigued by RGIII. I can't believe he now sucks.. I still think he has potential to be good.

I doubt it will be RGIII just because of Kubiak's ties to Shanahan. Shanahan sure didn't seem sold on RGIII on his way out the door in Washington and I am sure that the Broncos 1st call when thinking about RGIII was to Shanny.