• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who will be the best RB in the NFL?

Who will be the best RB in the NFL?

• Jonathan Taylor

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Derrick Henry

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Dalvin Cook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Mixon

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Austin Ekeler

• Najee Harris

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Nick Chubb

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Zeke

• Antonio Gibson

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Elijah MItchell

• Damien Harris

• RB tater salad

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the obvious picks will be Taylor or Henry. So of course the favorites often times end up not being the top RB.
So I am going with Harris. Dont think he will get the rushing title, but with a new QB, he should get plenty of dump off catches to go with his workhorse workload rushing.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats crazy. He is a top 5 pick in PPR
Hard to be a top 5 performer when you can't be top 5 in games played...or top 10, or top 20...etc...etc...

Availability is the #1 ability for any player to have - without that, doesn't really matter how good. Sure, he'll win you some games in week 1 and 3, and then you'll stare at him on the IR for weeks 6-17.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to be a top 5 performer when you can't be top 5 in games played...or top 10, or top 20...etc...etc...

Availability is the #1 ability for any player to have - without that, doesn't really matter how good. Sure, he'll win you some games in week 1 and 3, and then you'll stare at him on the IR for weeks 6-17.

you cant go into your fantasy draft forecasting an injury. you have to pick the BPA regardless of injury history.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant go into your fantasy draft forecasting an injury. you have to pick the BPA regardless of injury history.
But if you are projecting stats, like yards, receptions, TD's - why would you not project any potential injury for a guy that has a clear injury history?

I mean, I hate that the guy gets injured, and often, but at some point you do have to consider that when picking. No different than an actual draft where guys who struggled to stay healthy in college drop down the board because teams don't trust them to stay healthy and help the team.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I'm not saying you project injury for every player, FWIW - but it's worth it to keep an eye on guys who have a clear history...

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I'm not saying you project injury for every player, FWIW - but it's worth it to keep an eye on guys who have a clear history...

So Henry got hurt last year, does that drop his draft status this year? IMO you go with the best player. Or who will have a monster season. Do you think Taylor or Kupp are going to repeat their monster seasons last year? I say no and I would not draft Taylor at #1

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey has had multiple injuries over the past 2 years that have caused him to miss more than just a game here or there. He lost 6 games in 2020 with a high ankle sprain. He then injured his shoulder in 2020 and missed 4 games. He then injured his thigh and missed 4 games to end the season. In 2021 he then hurt his hamstring and missed 5 games, then got hurt in week 12 with his ankle, and was on IR the rest of the season. He's played in 10 games the past 2 seasons with a myriad of injuries, which would concern me about his overall availability.

Henry has not missed more than 1 game a year until last year with the broken bone in his foot.

Now, if you wanted to be concern about Henry's workload and age (28) - I understand that. He's taken a beating and RB's usually don't continue to produce the closer they get to their 30's, and have the kind of workload that he's had.

I always worry about players who set league records because the chances of them matching those numbers again are likely pretty small.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey has had multiple injuries over the past 2 years that have caused him to miss more than just a game here or there. He lost 6 games in 2020 with a high ankle sprain. He then injured his shoulder in 2020 and missed 4 games. He then injured his thigh and missed 4 games to end the season. In 2021 he then hurt his hamstring and missed 5 games, then got hurt in week 12 with his ankle, and was on IR the rest of the season. He's played in 10 games the past 2 seasons with a myriad of injuries, which would concern me about his overall availability.

Henry has not missed more than 1 game a year until last year with the broken bone in his foot.

Now, if you wanted to be concern about Henry's workload and age (28) - I understand that. He's taken a beating and RB's usually don't continue to produce the closer they get to their 30's, and have the kind of workload that he's had.

I always worry about players who set league records because the chances of them matching those numbers again are likely pretty small.

I agree about players who set league records that its unlikely to duplicate.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt...if a couple guys are close for sure take the one who gets hurt a lot less.

I'm picking 4th and really hope someone takes McCaffrey so I don't have to make the call.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Henry got hurt last year, does that drop his draft status this year? IMO you go with the best player. Or who will have a monster season. Do you think Taylor or Kupp are going to repeat their monster seasons last year? I say no and I would not draft Taylor at #1
Something to be said for that. I probably would take Taylor #1 but very often the guy who ends up #1 as the sure #1 pick is far from #1 when it's all over.

I do my best, also, not to draft based on name.....but end of failing there sometimes.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go with Jonathan Taylor as the best RB this season. I think adding Matt Ryan to the team makes them a big sleeper. They made the post season two years ago with Rivers and missed out due to Wentz. I think Ryan is the missing piece and with Taylor already being a stud, opposing defenses will have to stack the line and leave the back end exposed and I think Ryan will hit those. Colts will give a swift kick to Tennessee and win the division.