• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who QBs the Steelers next season?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard talk about Russell

Doubt it.

I know that he wants to explore all options available to him, and good on him for it, but he has said the following....

Which is fine by me. Most of my Hawks Breathen will be shocked by that statement

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I don't see the name Dwayne Haskins floating around anywhere. I have a bet with a guy on a Washington board that he won't be a top 10 passer in the next 5 seasons. Yeah I'm good.
Haskins has three months to grow up, and I don't think the Steelers are holding their breath in the meantime.

My guess is the Steelers draft a QB, and Haskins will have a chance to show leadership and win the job, otherwise Rudolph will play until they think the new kid is ready.

Going all in on a good-for-a-few-years QB like Wilson or Rodgers doesn't seem like their style.

Laugh if you like, but Fitzpatrick is not that bad an idea if you have no QB and want to be competitive the first half of the season while your rookie learns. He knows the drill.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be a bridge year. Get a vet FA that can sign for cheap. I'm not opposed to drafting one as well to increase the odds of finding a capable starter.

Minshew is pretty high on my wishlist to be honest. And I like Pickett but I doubt he's available at 20.

I'm hoping they go big on OL in both FA & the draft. Fix the real issue plaguing this offense and build around Najee. Doesn't feel like the right year to throw draft capital around at acquiring a star QB.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be a bridge year. Get a vet FA that can sign for cheap. I'm not opposed to drafting one as well to increase the odds of finding a capable starter.

Minshew is pretty high on my wishlist to be honest. And I like Pickett but I doubt he's available at 20.

I'm hoping they go big on OL in both FA & the draft. Fix the real issue plaguing this offense and build around Najee. Doesn't feel like the right year to throw draft capital around at acquiring a star QB.
Yeah, that's what I think they do. They just need a placeholder and retool the rest. They might get lucky and find a rough diamond out of nowhere in a later round. You never know in this league.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't they already have Josh Dobbs on the roster?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with most of your thoughts. Minshew would/ should be high on a wishlist and yes not the year to spend draft capitol on a big name rookie QB so work on other areas, OL being one that 80% of the league needs help at so may be expensive/ difficult to make gains at and over paying is going to be required in most cases. Wish college football would put more effort in polishing OL and making it easier to transition into the pros.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Pickkett
Dont tease me. Hes long gone by the time they pick i think.
Mason Rudolph. :L

team america vomit GIF
Probably
I heard talk about Russell
Nope
Way more likely than russ
Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Im ok with that.
JimmyG until they can draft and develop their future.
No no no
I highly doubt the Steelers go after Russ or Aaron. Have to give up too much compensation and it's not really the way they do things there.
Things are changing. Colbert is retiring. Likely gonna lose omar khan, keith butler is likely gonna retire, bens moving on, and theres more. Lots of MAJOR people leaving.

We usually think similar, and im on board all the way througy minshew( would love it)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont tease me. Hes long gone by the time they pick i think.

Probably

Nope

Way more likely than russ

Im ok with that.

No no no

Things are changing. Colbert is retiring. Likely gonna lose omar khan, keith butler is likely gonna retire, bens moving on, and theres more. Lots of MAJOR people leaving.

We usually think similar, and im on board all the way througy minshew( would love it)
I know people laughed at my Fitzpatrick comment, but I’m being serious.

It’s the perfect situation for him on a one year deal. Tons of above average options for targets. And honestly, he most likely isn’t a much of a step back from Ben at this point.

Very little risk imo.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins :heh:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Fitzmagic makes a lot of sense now that I think about this. I'd completely forgot about him. And @SteelersPride , I knew the JimmyG comment would get you buddy. I was kinda just half joking on that one.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people laughed at my Fitzpatrick comment, but I’m being serious.

It’s the perfect situation for him on a one year deal. Tons of above average options for targets. And honestly, he most likely isn’t a much of a step back from Ben at this point.

Very little risk imo.
I agree 100%. His name has crossed my mind to bring in. We have young weapons. Line should improve with some additions and another year. He knows his role, and embraces it. Great locker room guy. Low risk, high reward. Tomlin has mentioned wanting a vet, and one thats mobile. Fitz was mobile, we’ll see after his injury. But hes a great stopgap option.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Fitzmagic makes a lot of sense now that I think about this. I'd completely forgot about him. And @SteelersPride , I knew the JimmyG comment would get you buddy. I was kinda just half joking on that one.
I know i know. Lol. I have a bad feeling about him
Coming to pgh. Fitz does make a ton of sense. Minshew actually does as well.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You laugh but it most likely will be the competition between and Rudolph.
We all know they aren't trading up to take a QB and won't trade away that pick for a QB so I fully accepted the fact one of those two will be starter.
I laugh only because of lack of maturity and growth in DC. No clue how he's done with Tomlin and a functional team. How has he done? He definitely has the arm talent