• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who QBs the Steelers next season?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is coming off of two straight MVPs and I've read he follows the TB12 method shit so he will likely be able to play to a top level to at least 40. With Pittsburgh's defense he would give them a very good chance of being able to win at least one, maybe two SBs. So yeah, that's well worth the cost for them of just 2 firsts and some other pick. That's not a bad cost for them for the chance of Rodgers making their franchise the league leader in Super Bowl wins again.

To at least 40? He'll be 39 at the end of next season.

Like I already said I think the Steelers would have to give up too much to get him.

With Pittsburgh's D? You don't follow the Steelers at all do you? Last season the Steelers D ranked 20th in the league according to pro-football-ref.com. You think that's good?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I already said I think the Steelers would have to give up too much to get him.

With Pittsburgh's D? You don't follow the Steelers at all do you? Last season the Steelers D ranked 20th in the league according to pro-football-ref.com. You think that's good?
Not to ever come to the aid of KoyBoy, BUT...team defense changes in a hurry from one year to the next. See Dallas as an example.
Besides...T J Watt can hide some warts

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point was many fans do blame these guys. That is the sick part about sports fans.

as to Smith's drop...timing is everything. The greatest SB played at the time turned on those 4 points.
I got the point, and I agree with you.

A few oofs in a great career shouldn't be you're defining moment.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the point, and I agree with you.

A few oofs in a great career shouldn't be you're defining moment.
well...I'm a Cowboy fan, right or wrong after such a GREAT career in St. Louis killing Dallas on a yearly basis, that drop is the first thing I think of when Smith's name comes up. You have to look really hard for anytime I said a single player lost a team sport game even with that being the flavor of the month for today's sports fan

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Da heck r u franchising njoku for

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to ever come to the aid of KoyBoy, BUT...team defense changes in a hurry from one year to the next. See Dallas as an example.
Besides...T J Watt can hide some warts

Good point. Had to look the info up but two seasons ago the Steelers D was 3rd. Maybe the injury bug got 'em last season?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its actually a curiosity question. The eagles and steelers are both teams that made it into the playoffs on the back end and need significant upgrades all around. So would he sacrifice all of that in philly?
I wouldn't. I would not mortgage the future just for the hope of making the playoffs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Had to look the info up but two seasons ago the Steelers D was 3rd. Maybe the injury bug got 'em last season?
Yes tuitt and tyson were out which is why our run d stunk. But elite d only lasts a 1-3 years max usually 1-2

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would u make that deal if it were the eagles?

No because the Eagles wouldn't be serious contenders with him. They are long overdue to massively rebuild their defense. We have no young building blocks on defense. Maybe Josh Sweat? He's more of just a piece and not a cornerstone. Beyond him and Maddox (nickel corner) all of the Eagles decent to good players are 30 or over.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have the leicesin place to be a contending defense especially with possibly the best defensive player in the league. Having such a dogshit QB like Big Ben will hurt your defense with how much you have to lean on them with little hope of offensive relief.

Rodgers on the Steelers has them as instant legitimate contenders.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the leicesin place to be a contending defense especially with possibly the best defensive player in the league. **Having such a dogshit QB like Big Ben** will hurt your defense with how much you have to lean on them with little hope of offensive relief.

Rodgers on the Steelers has them as instant legitimate contenders.

** = :crazy:

BigBen played 18 seasons. And only for two games during his entire career were the Steeler eliminated from the playoffs.

You got alotta nerve calling BigBen dogshit considering how many years you've had your nose all up in Carson's ass.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because the Eagles wouldn't be serious contenders with him. They are long overdue to massively rebuild their defense. We have no young building blocks on defense. Maybe Josh Sweat? He's more of just a piece and not a cornerstone. Beyond him and Maddox (nickel corner) all of the Eagles decent to good players are 30 or over.
And the steelers are not contenders with him so whats the point?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't. I would not mortgage the future just for the hope of making the playoffs.
Look. I applauded the rams and othet teams for Going for it. This whole dont mortgage the future is for the birds imho. It is so hard to win. Even when u build right. Go for it. Look at the steelers. Model of consistency? Look at our playoffs and such since 2008. So what? We didnt win. Im all for having 3-4-5 down years to make an all out run. You werent gonna win most likely those years anyways. Just my opinion. That along with the hit rate for draft picks…

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take bad moves for $50 Million, Aaron.

deba0cc2-ca18-4ec1-86da-3aea6bddbca3-aaron_1c.jpg

67w4uo.jpg

B325dQVCUAEY_K1.png