• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who is the unsung hero for 14 ???

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me it has to be steve pearce .steve was cut and offered a job with the jays and he turned it down and has been pretty good since his return .

i would love to go caleb but steve is at a higher level . funny thing is anyone could've picked up caleb rule v then we would've been screwed .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Pearce too also Young has been good off the bench. Would like to see him get some more time.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Pearce too also Young has been good off the bench. Would like to see him get some more time.

I think Pearce is the clearer answer, but both Joseph and Young would definitely be considerations.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to go with Caleb, especially given how he struggled severely the first 20+ games after he was called up. Guy calls a great game, has thrown out 50% of baserunners and his bat has been heating up for weeks.

I know plenty of people have said it before, but if I told you that Weiters would be done for the season with TJ (fairly early in the season), Hunter would blow saves and lose his closer role early in the season, Ubaldo would be sent to the bp in August, Machado would be done for the year after needing surgery on his other knee this time, and Chris Davis would be batting under .190 near the end of August, you'd probably think our record would be flip-flopped at 55-75 at this point.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to say.. Caleb's been great for our pitching corps. And Steve did the magnanimous thing in being DFA'd and electing to come right back to the O's. They're both pretty awesome in my book. I'll say Caleb. A lot of things could've gone south when Wieters went down, but the pitchers obviously found a weapon in Caleb's ability, so the nod has to go to him.

Can't take anything away from Pearce though. He's got that consummate Oriole mindset, which I love.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no one player that is solely the 'unsung hero' because there are many for different reasons. Singling out 1 player would be an insult to the others. This is a team ... and one player does it not make.

In other words, as long as everyone that isn't a regular starter is putting out and contributing to the wins when given the opportunity, those individuals deserve to be on the team. I can guarantee that if they weren't, certain complainers/whiners would be calling for them to booted off the bench.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all these posts are correct, somebody already mentioned mine so I will go with Buck.

Last year he kept the middle and closing pitchers in way too long. He is pulling the trigger on all of them and rightfully so

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britton...since he became closer...we have been one of the best teams in baseball. Hunter was killing any momentum we were trying to gain in the early stages of the season.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britton, Joseph or Pearce.