• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who has the toughest SOS for 2014

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, it is what it is. A lot of Moral Victories being taken away from the collapse at the Alamo Bowl loss to Oregon 30-7.

Seems petty.

No more moral victories at all. Just got to put you Duck fans in your place when you overexaggerate what Oregon really did in that bowl game.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, it is what it is. A lot of Moral Victories being taken away from the collapse at the Alamo Bowl loss to Oregon 30-7.

Seems petty.

Not sure I get that. Texas lost it is what it is. Truth is nobody cared that much about the game. You want to win, but in the end it was a small diversion from the bigger issues. I am talking about fans, not hte players. I am sure they wanted to win. Perhaps, that is annoying to Duck fans, because they want more, but it is what it is.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems petty.

Plus Duck fans are the last people to bring up moral victories, seeing how Duck fans were claiming moral victories after getting slapped by LSU, but were claiming, "But hey, we put up over 400 yds on LSU's D!!!!". Calm down, guy.....

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more moral victories at all. Just got to put you Duck fans in your place when you overexaggerate what Oregon really did in that bowl game.

what? Toying with your team?

That is what happened.

Oregon also had 11 penalties against them vs Texas' 4.

The Ducks defense controlled your offense without effort.

Just face it, the Big 12 teams can't handle Oregon of late. And it is obvious how much separation between that conference there is when they face Oregon. It is evident with the results on the football field.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Duck fans are the last people to bring up moral victories, seeing how Duck fans were claiming moral victories after getting slapped by LSU, but were claiming, "But hey, we put up over 400 yds on LSU's D!!!!". Calm down, guy.....

oh. My friend. I am always calm....

:cool2:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a list of 10 teams with difficult schedules

College Football 2014: 10 Teams That Could Be Hindered By Difficult Schedules | The Big Lead

Arkansas

California Bears

Florida Gators

Florida State

Minnesota

ND

Rutgers

Stanford

Tennessee

Virginia

these articles are generally worthless and based on last yrs results. Mentions Texas Tech as tough game. They essentially lost half their starters, multiple QBs transferred, and their best player off an up and down team. Who knows how they will play. Teams like Mizzu, Baylor, Ok State, and Wisconsin only bring 9 back. Really hard to figure out how that plays out next yr.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been on the top 10 SoS list since CUM left. Apparently, Muschump doesn't know how titles games are attained! (in more ways than one)

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I was afraid of BYU. Mostly because it was a bad match up. GRown men that play hard and with effort. Great combination for upsetting talented and soft. BYU is not a great team, but one of the better coached teams in the country and they will not lay down. Very good OOC game. I tend to look at OOC schedule in offseason, because it is impossible to know the conference schedule this early. I mark off "3-4 cupcakes" or "wow, they actually scheduled someone". Until we get to fall camp that is about as much as I am will to commit on.

They beat the dog shit outta Oregon's pussy ass team from 06 in a bowl game.

I find truth in the bolded.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat the dog shit outta Oregon's pussy ass team from 06 in a bowl game.

I find truth in the bolded.

Plus, the Mormons are fucking tough at home. They have one of the better home winning records in all of CFB (top 10, I believe) over the last 10 years. There aren't too many big programs out there that have the balls to go play BYU in Provo at night for an OOC game. I also firmly believe had Mack fired Diaz at then end of the '12 season (as he should have), we don't lose to BYU with Robinson as our DC.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isnt just you. It is almost all Texas fans that hold BYU in way higher regards than where they should be.

Like the UT fan (not you) that laughed at the point spread in the BYU Wisky game and said he was putting up his house on that bet. Well, I hope he didnt because he would now be homeless. I laughed at him for thinking that point spread was a lock and he said I must be retarded.... :rollseyes:

I don't know what your infatuation is with Texas, but you lured me into responding. 2 points about your non-sense:

1) The Texas fans were saying that UCLA and BYU is a very good OOC schedule. If you don't agree with that then you are insanely biased and/or delusional. Everyone knows that is a good OOC schedule. In the day and age of college football where multiple big programs refuse to travel away to play OOC; or schedule FCS teams; or load up with crazy weak OOC games late in the season, etc... Texas has gone out and scheduled UCLA and BYU, and we have Notre Dame and others coming.

Hell you should know, your team gets South Dakota (4-8 in MVC) and Wyoming (5-7 in MWC). Now, I never would have brought yours up because I commend you on playing Michigan State which is a great team. But we have scheduled 2 very tough teams in only 3 OOC games. And you really think that deserves criticism?:lame:

2) I assume you are talking about my post thinking BYU would cover/beat Wisconsin. First of all, so fucking what. I mean, seriously, on a thread where everyone was picking teams vs spread - I got one wrong. Jeezus let it the fuck go. Second, you are spewing flat out lies. I don't know why - but you are.

* " laughed at the point spread...and said he was putting up his house on that bet." When what was actually said was:
"Take BYU and 9 points and bet the farm on it."

Actually I refused a bet on that same thread with a Wiscy fan, saying I don't bet and am not about to start with BYU whose not even my team.

* "I laughed at him for thinking that point spread was a lock and he said I must be retarded." - When actually the only comment I made to you (after you laughed at me) was:
"BYU has beaten Texas, @Utah State, Georgia Tech, @Houston, and Boise. Wisconsin has beaten Northwestern. That's about it. You will see."

Pretty far cry from laughing at anyone or calling anyone a retard. After the game was over I said I predicted wrong and congratulated Wiscy on the win. BTW - the spread was 9 points and Wiscy won by 10.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
george-bush-gif.gif

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, the Mormons are fucking tough at home. They have one of the better home winning records in all of CFB (top 10, I believe) over the last 10 years. There aren't too many big programs out there that have the balls to go play BYU in Provo at night for an OOC game. I also firmly believe had Mack fired Diaz at then end of the '12 season (as he should have), we don't lose to BYU with Robinson as our DC.

Doesn't help that they are all 25 either.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the record I have never mentioned Texas' OOC schedule because frankly I don't give one or two fucks about it.

I just commented on the pedestal BYU has been put on by UT fans. I think it is funny after the game how most of the fanbase immediately had BYU ranked so high and had us thinking BYU was going to beat the shit out of the CFB world.

Only..... They had already lost to Virginia.... lol.

I mean, UCLA is decent. They aren't nearly as good as many of you are making them out to be. I have seen some posters here have them in the Semis.... That is funny. Hundley is good. But he doesnt have a clutch bone in his body. He cracks under pressure every time. And with Barr and Zumwalt gone. They stay about the same as last season.

To schedule BYU and UCLA is a very good and better than most OOC schedule.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the record I have never mentioned Texas' OOC schedule because frankly I don't give one or two fucks about it.

I just commented on the pedestal BYU has been put on by UT fans. I think it is funny after the game how most of the fanbase immediately had BYU ranked so high and had us thinking BYU was going to beat the shit out of the CFB world.

I mean, UCLA is decent. They aren't nearly as good as many of you are making them out to be. I have seen some posters here have them in the Semis.... That is funny. Hundley is good. But he doesnt have a clutch bone in his body. He cracks under pressure every time. And with Barr and Zumwalt gone. They stay about the same as last season.

-
What pedestal? You agreed with my post. I am trying to make up arguments about Oregon fans? Over some BS that happened in September? Move on..

UCLA? UCLA finished with 10 wins last yr, returns their QB, and brings the most starters back among Pac teams. Should be one of the safer picks to be ranked in the top 15 next yr. Based on returning starters the Pac should come down to UCLA and Oregon. USC contending to get in there.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at Oklahoma
at Georgia
Alabama
at S. Carolina
Missouri

Florida...not sure how much better they'll be, but they always give us hell.

Vanderbilt won 9 games last year, but I expect them to have a serious drop off...So I didn't add them.

Utah State is decent...But I didn't want shit for adding them.

Ole Miss will be better I believe. That will be a tough road game.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beavers went to Provo and proved a point...THAT they travel well anywhoze.:whistle:

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what? Toying with your team?

That is what happened.

Oregon also had 11 penalties against them vs Texas' 4.

The Ducks defense controlled your offense without effort.

Just face it, the Big 12 teams can't handle Oregon of late. And it is obvious how much separation between that conference there is when they face Oregon. It is evident with the results on the football field.

One Big XII team doesn't seem to have issues with Oregon :laugh3: I want them on the schedule every year provided we get booth refs from another conference.

2004- OU 31 UO 7
2005- OU 17 UO 14
2006 -OU 33 UO 34 (booth review game)

OU is 24-15-1 against the Pac all time.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One Big XII team doesn't seem to have issues with Oregon :laugh3: I want them on the schedule every year provided we get booth refs from another conference.

2004- OU 31 UO 7
2005- OU 17 UO 14
2006 -OU 33 UO 34 (booth review game)

OU is 24-15-1 against the Pac all time.

the last time Oregon played any Big12 team of significance they won.

I don't have any idea what big12 team has a win over the Ducks in their last meeting.

You would have to go back a LOOOOOOONG time.