• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who gave alex smith the phonebooth at halftime?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cuss he looked like supaman in the 2nd half

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it was just in the third quarter, where he went 9-9 for 179 yards and 2 TDs. In the 4th he went 3-7 for 19 yards.

He looked good in the third, but football is a 4 quarter game.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-16 for 198 yds and 2 td! what a 2nd half!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The constant harping about Alex Smith. We won one because of him today instead of despite him.

Really? Is it really reaching the point where I'm not allowed to post his stats on this board?

It was a great win and Smith made plays - but I did not post anything not factual. He had a GREAT 3rd quarter, but the other three weren't. I don't think we won because of him or despite of him. He made plays as did a lot of other players on offense, including Gore, Hunter, Morgan, Davis, and even Crabtree.

Get off my back. If people are gonna keep posting threads praising Alex Smith, I'm gonna give my opinion. If you don't like it don't read it.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really? Is it really reaching the point where I'm not allowed to post his stats on this board?

It was a great win and Smith made plays - but I did not post anything not factual. He had a GREAT 3rd quarter, but the other three weren't. I don't think we won because of him or despite of him. He made plays as did a lot of other players on offense, including Gore, Hunter, Morgan, Davis, and even Crabtree.

Nope, I of all people will not tell you what you can say on the board. Glad to see you are enjoying this victory. :-)

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I of all people will not tell you what you can say on the board. Glad to see you are enjoying this victory. :-)

Haha- a win is a win! Enjoy it Clyde! Sometimes I feel that proving a point is more important to you than the game itself!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha- a win is a win! Enjoy it Clyde! Sometimes I feel that proving a point is more important to you than the game itself!

Hah, not gonna lie - I've been guilty of that. I didn't think that was the case here though.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool man I'll leave it at that. I'm guilty of posting stupid shit sometimes, so its all good. I tend to agree with you more than disagree with you- especially when it comes to college football.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get off my back. If people are gonna keep posting threads praising Alex Smith, I'm gonna give my opinion. If you don't like it don't read it.

smith started to turn the corner after last years eagles game. maybe it is time for people to get off smith's back. he made progress under norv then basically lost 2 seasons.

12 tds, 3 ints in the past 10 games since that near benching last year. as the team improves, he should only get better.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smith started to turn the corner after last years eagles game. maybe it is time for people to get off smith's back. he made progress under norv then basically lost 2 seasons.

12 tds, 3 ints in the past 10 games since that near benching last year. as the team improves, he should only get better.

Who's on his back? How many anti-Alex Smith threads have seen on this board?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no anti smith threads, but there's still a lot of smith doubters within threads. he's on track for a rich gannon style career. something a few of us said could be how his career ends up when he was drafted.

there's always a focus on a bad throw, a bad quarter, blah blah. harbaugh opened up the offense and he tore the eagles overrated defense apart. that...is the facts

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no anti smith threads, but there's still a lot of smith doubters within threads. he's on track for a rich gannon style career. something a few of us said could be how his career ends up when he was drafted.

there's always a focus on a bad throw, a bad quarter, blah blah. harbaugh opened up the offense and he tore the eagles overrated defense apart. that...is the facts

So you're saying that Alex Smith should have no doubters? That's your qualm?

And I agree with you. Smith tored the Eagles' defense up - for a quarter.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Clyde, my problem with you and I think others is that you always throw in the negative. We are all niner fans first and foremost regardless of whether or not we like Smith. He is showing progress with Harbaugh and has only one pick all year. You provide sound information most of the time, but you always love to get the jab in at Smith. All people are saying now is to enjoy the victory. Smith hasnt proven he shouldnt have doubters, but he is swaying that mindset as the season goes on.
Go Niners!!

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde, my problem with you and I think others is that you always throw in the negative. We are all niner fans first and foremost regardless of whether or not we like Smith. He is showing progress with Harbaugh and has only one pick all year. You provide sound information most of the time, but you always love to get the jab in at Smith. All people are saying now is to enjoy the victory. Smith hasnt proven he shouldnt have doubters, but he is swaying that mindset as the season goes on.
Go Niners!!

Here comes the "if you don't like it don't read it" in 3...2...1...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Niners!!

So because I pointed out that Smith didn't play as well in the 4th as he did in the 3rd, I'm not enjoying the win?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's all he needed. the run game actually worked for a change in the 4th. my beef is that unless smith is perfect every play people always pick out something. smith is finally starting to actually look like an nfl starting qb yet people are still ripping on him