• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who gave alex smith the phonebooth at halftime?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's all he needed. the run game actually worked for a change in the 4th. my beef is that unless smith is perfect every play people always pick out something. smith is finally starting to actually look like an nfl starting qb yet people are still ripping on him

Maybe you should stop posting at ESPN.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You're going to fault his 4th quarter play? He had the ball twice in the 4th quarter and the 49ers scored a touchdown in one of them. And the other drive wasn't that bad.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
there's no doubt Alex Smith is playing better than he has ever (4 game stretch), yes he's not NFL elite but we should know how easily his season stats could be worse. agree, his best stat by far is ONE turnover. in the past he lost fumbles too, not just threw INT's.

Harbaugh and Staff should also get credit for putting him in positions to reduce TO's. yeah, it conservative but its also reducing our own mistakes. i'm sure we'll get to read more articles detailing offensive plays, we'd like to know if new plays are being added?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're going to fault his 4th quarter play? He had the ball twice in the 4th quarter and the 49ers scored a touchdown in one of them. And the other drive wasn't that bad.

yeah, Alex is famous for crumbling in the 4th quarter, but he didn't today. at halftime, who would've dared thought our offense would score TD's to win?

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna say this: Bottom line the 49ers lead the league in turnover ratio. so FUCK everything else because we are winning, thats it bottom line we are winning. I dont give a fuck if we win by an inch or a mile as long as at the end of the season it sayd the 49ers had a winning season and they keep getting better then fuck it. Alex Smith has looked good under Harbaugh, I dont hate him nor do I like him. However, I really can appreciate his hard work to not be alex of the past.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Alex is famous for crumbling in the 4th quarter, but he didn't today. at halftime, who would've dared thought our offense would score TD's to win?

I bet a lot of us knew we were going to score - losing 42-24 style or 29-27 style - but very few of us thought we'd win. I expected it to be like last year's Green Bay game.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I bet a lot of us knew we were going to score - losing 42-24 style or 29-27 style - but very few of us thought we'd win. I expected it to be like last year's Green Bay game.

Correct!

Coming back from 20 points down is hard enough and prior to today, the largest deficit Smith had ever overcome in the 3rd quarter was 10 points. (vs Denver 12/31/2006) and the largest 4th quarter deficit was 4 points (3 times).

So, considering that and the way our offense has been playing, (50/50 point distribution), yeah, I did not see, short of a miracle, how we were going to come back and win this game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just gonna say this: Bottom line the 49ers lead the league in turnover ratio. so FUCK everything else because we are winning, thats it bottom line we are winning. I dont give a fuck if we win by an inch or a mile as long as at the end of the season it sayd the 49ers had a winning season and they keep getting better then fuck it. Alex Smith has looked good under Harbaugh, I dont hate him nor do I like him. However, I really can appreciate his hard work to not be alex of the past.

yep, its boring/conservative, its mistake ridden on pass protect, sometimes too many penalties, no run game, and frankly ugly as all get out. but NO ONE can argue the bottom line......wins. i'll take three wins and not look back on Dallas.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's all he needed. the run game actually worked for a change in the 4th. my beef is that unless smith is perfect every play people always pick out something. smith is finally starting to actually look like an nfl starting qb yet people are still ripping on him

Thats what happens when you are the number one over all pick in the draft though. Especially being a QB for the 49ers who have been blessed with Joe Montana and Steve Young and dare I say Jeff Garcia. That kind of play is what a lot people expect being 49er fans. We were spoiled at the QB position for quite a few years.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was one incompletion away from a perfect QB rating in the second half, wish the catch had been the Crabtree long pass play... Actually, since we know the outcome after the non-catch, I wouldn't change anything. It's like the Simpsons episode where Homer kills a bug a couple billion of years ago and the world today is terrible. Who knows, after the catch Crabtree would have fumbled? Or we later threw an INT from the new location? I'll take the win and not gamble (not that I could change anything anyway).