• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who ends up as this year's 'King of the Corn' "

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Iowa State and Nebraska should get an exhibition game or something, and whatever team between Iowa, Iowa State, and Nebraska does the worst receives this trophy that was presented as the trophy for the Iowa-Iowa State trophy at the State Fair. The idea lasted about a day.

this_trophy_will_actually_be_given_to_a_football_team.0.jpg

4e51c3df645ef.image.jpg
The Big 10 does love their trophies.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska > Iowa State > Iowa

just sayin

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Iowa State and Nebraska should get an exhibition game or something, and whatever team between Iowa, Iowa State, and Nebraska does the worst receives this trophy that was presented as the trophy for the Iowa-Iowa State trophy at the State Fair. The idea lasted about a day.

this_trophy_will_actually_be_given_to_a_football_team.0.jpg

4e51c3df645ef.image.jpg

THE CY-HAWK KNEELING CORN HOBO TROPHY

Dad: "Meet your new puppy, son."

Son: "Um..."

Mom [sotto voce] : "Father's been drinking. Pet the puppy, son."

Son: Good doggy.

Father smiles.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The pay grade between P5 and G5 is nuts. Mike Yurcich was making 800K as Oklahoma State's OC. From the sound of things after last year he was asked to explore other opportunities and he was in the running to be the HC at Akron but it would have meant a pay cut (new HC makes 500K). He takes an assistant spot at Ohio State and gets a bump in pay.

So a solid P5 program pays less for an OC than an elite P5 program pays for someone whose a decent position coach. Both blow HC pay for a middling G5 program out of the water.

Sidenote- Ohio State fans. If you like a couple of dink and dunk passes followed by a bomb that either results in a big play or a punt/int you've found your man. If you like a cohesive offense, good luck with that.

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pay grade between P5 and G5 is nuts. Mike Yurcich was making 800K as Oklahoma State's OC. From the sound of things after last year he was asked to explore other opportunities and he was in the running to be the HC at Akron but it would have meant a pay cut (new HC makes 500K). He takes an assistant spot at Ohio State and gets a bump in pay.

So a solid P5 program pays less for an OC than an elite P5 program pays for someone whose a decent position coach. Both blow HC pay for a middling G5 program out of the water.

Sidenote- Ohio State fans. If you like a couple of dink and dunk passes followed by a bomb that either results in a big play or a punt/int you've found your man. If you like a cohesive offense, good luck with that.

The highest paid G5 coach is making 2 million. Right now assistants are making more than 2 million. So it will become more and more common that top notch coordinators don't take the G5 route but rather wait for the elite P5 job to open up and in the meantime get paid a ransom as coordinator.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is my surprise team of the year this year, so I'll pick them.

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying.

Jack Daniels only uses Indiana corn for their liquor.

So your options there are a failure already