• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who could win in Tampa Bay in January?

Who could win in Tampa Bay in January?

• New Orleans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Francisco

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Green Bay

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Chicago

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Seattle

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Dallas

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is because MN will need all of their rookies to step in and play like veterans to replace the 5 or 6 quality starters that left

Diggs is the only starter that the Vikings will truly miss IMO (and he had to go before he went full Keyshawn). All the corners that left were average or washed up. Griffen and Linval were getting up there. The team needed to get younger.

I'm not saying that the Vikings are a playoff lock, they very well could be a 7 or 8 win team that goes through growing pains. But as long as Trubisky is in the mix for Chicago they are a big question mark. And even if Foles starts the season as QB, what are the odds of him going wire-to-wire?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ask Eli Manning...

Some people think he's a HOFer. And to that I say:

:spit:

Those lucky 6tds vs Tebow led Broncos didn't hurt in that playoff game either

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would home field be an advantage when there won't be any fans in the stands?

The way it will probably play out, all games will have a "neutral" feel to them.

By that point, there should be fans.

Dallas won't even be playing in January

They've done a better job against NYG and Was than Philly lately.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a betting man and at even odds I would say my choice for a road team most likely to beat TB @ TB in January is Atlanta and I'd say it isn't even close with any other team

Atlanta :pound:

Brady never beats Denver. Even in his prime. Dude lost to Kyle Orton and Brock Osweiler.

Denver is a team I don't trust against anyone good. Idk but I think Houston was burnt out from two big home wins or may have looked ahead to the Titans when Denver won that game.

He's just upset because the Vikings eliminated the Saints from the playoffs last season.

Not at all, we shouldn't have even been playing in the wild card round. As I said, Vikes road schedule is tough and they haven't won them.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like you to tell me what teams will beat the Bucs next year.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went from "New Orleans has had a better off-season than Tampa" to "Tampa is totally going to jump New Orleans and get the 1st seed."

200.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Arians.

Not really like Cleveland in the two most important ways.

True...I still think TB has something to prove on the DEF level to make that huge leap, but Arians/Brady will be okay.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if you read your headline a little closer you would know why Atlanta is by far and I mean BY FAR the most likely team to do it. That's likely the only team TB hosts in January and it's the only guaranteed one

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've done a better job against NYG and Was than Philly lately.

Eagles haven't lost to the Giants since 2016, same for the Redskins. Cowboys haven't lost to the Giants since 2016 as well but lost to the Redskins in 2018.

Eagles won the division last year with a completely injured roster and are the only team in the division brining back the same coaching staff. Continuity among the coaching is going to be a major advantage this season with how the virus is making offseason team workouts nonexistent.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowles is an excellent DC.

That he his...the Bucs started to show some consistency on DEF at the end of LY...but they need some more horses imo...decent up front, great in the middle, back end is not playoff caliber.

With the Bowles connection I'd think the Bucs would be trying to get the S Adams from the Jets.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles haven't lost to the Giants since 2016, same for the Redskins. Cowboys haven't lost to the Giants since 2016 as well but lost to the Redskins in 2018.

Eagles won the division last year with a completely injured roster and are the only team in the division brining back the same coaching staff. Continuity among the coaching is going to be a major advantage this season with how the virus is making offseason team workouts nonexistent.
On the one hand I think that is a huge plus for a team to not have to learn any new terminology or systems in a shortened and likely for a while virtual offseason. On the other hand I think one of the things most Cowboy fans are counting on is getting rid of the old, predictable, stale schemes on both sides of the ball and going to something more current by showing multiple looks and coverages on defense and getting rid of that horrible kick-step technique and moving away from having 4 guys run a curl route on offense every other play. So I think you are minimizing the whole point of firing coaches in the first place, but obviously not having the time to implement these new schemes will be detrimental for at least the beginning of the year if the offseason starts up late as many suspect. It will be interesting to see how this plays out and particularly in Dallas with a QB who is in limbo right now.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand I think that is a huge plus for a team to not have to learn any new terminology or systems in a shortened and likely for a while virtual offseason. On the other hand I think one of the things most Cowboy fans are counting on is getting rid of the old, predictable, stale schemes on both sides of the ball and going to something more current by showing multiple looks and coverages on defense and getting rid of that horrible kick-step technique and moving away from having 4 guys run a curl route on offense every other play. So I think you are minimizing the whole point of firing coaches in the first place, but obviously not having the time to implement these new schemes will be detrimental for at least the beginning of the year if the offseason starts up late as many suspect. It will be interesting to see how this plays out and particularly in Dallas with a QB who is in limbo right now.

If you wanted to go towards something new and not stale then Mike McCarthy was the wrong hire.

The benefits of a new coaching staff are likely not to be there in a season like this. It'd be interesting to see how teams with new coaches did in 2011 since the CBA wasn't signed till late July so that was a season with no real offseason for these teams either. I know the Eagles had a ton of roster turnover though with the Dream Team and that completely backfired.