• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are your top 5 NBA PLAYERS RIGHT NOW

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I haven't seen him play. Can you post some of his vintage moves?

Not sure if there is any extant footage. The camera and film probably couldn't capture the true extent of his greatness anyway.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lavarballtest-1.jpg

LOL. I completely forgot about that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if there is any extant footage. The camera and film probably couldn't capture the true extent of his greatness anyway.

Now that's a disappointment for all NBA fans.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. AD didn't affect winning enough. Maybe I should re-asses and take him off my list.

But, big difference between tanking him AD 5 and LBJ 1.

IMO there was no obvious choice for 5 because there were warts on all the resumes.

AD and LeBron- didn't get their teams to the playoffs
Embiid- team was good, but underachieved relative to their talent, IMO
Kawhi- maybe. But he missed a lot games and his numbers don't compare, although his defense elevates him
Lillard- great season, not sure I am ready to put him top 5
George- nah. Top 10 sure.
Kyrie- don't get me started. Great statistical season though
Russ- way too inefficient
Agree with some of your comments, but it's mostly opinion, which I know you are aware.

As for Lebron. I'm not ready to write him off as the best player yet. But it could certainly happen next year.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another gem from LaVar Ball. How have I forgotten all these quotes?
Because they are meaningless bullshit even Lavar doesn't believe. It's his persona, and it used to work pretty well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at you thinking I am upset.

And please stop putting words in my mouth.

I never once said I didn't think LeBron would be refreshed and back on top next year.

I said he clearly was not on top this year.

I also said I am not assuming he will be back on top next year.

The people ranking him 1 are doing just that.
Don't really think you are upset...but it is funny you thought I was, especially if you looked at our comments on the subject.

If you believe Lebron could be refreshed and back on top next year you should not be disagreeing with my comment he's #1, as I based my opinions on how I would draft the players for next year.

Yes, the people ranking him #1 do believe this as well. seemed obvious that was the case.....yet you went into long winded replies about how foolish it was to have him #1 and giving no legitimacy others interpreted this differently than you did.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with some of your comments, but it's mostly opinion, which I know you are aware.

As for Lebron. I'm not ready to write him off as the best player yet. But it could certainly happen next year.

I am not writing him off either. Not by a long shot.

If anybody can be the best in the league at 35, it is MJ or LeBron. That is the list.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not writing him off either. Not by a long shot.

If anybody can be the best in the league at 35, it is MJ or LeBron. That is the list.
OK....then not crazy for me (or anyone) to have him #1 on this list, as maybe we interpreted it differently than you did.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK....then not crazy for me (or anyone) to have him #1 on this list, as maybe we interpreted it differently than you did.

But that is my point and also the difference.

While I won't rule it out, I am not about to bet on it either after the season LeBron just had.

It seems like most are either doing what you are, or just listing LeBron at 1 out of habit.

Maybe OP needs to clarify, but I am pretty sure this is about who is the best player now, not speculating on who will be the best player next season.

@SteelersPride, can you help clarify this?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I won't rule it out, I am not about to bet on it either after the season LeBron just had.

It seems like most are either doing what you are, or just listing LeBron at 1 out of habit.

Maybe OP needs to clarify, but I am pretty sure this is about who is the best player now, not speculating on who will be the best player next season.

You gotta knock him off to take his spot.

KD is right there, but I've never seen him do what I've seen LBJ do. And I don't think LeBron has fallen off other than this year went off the rails for his whole franchise. Those two have talents and skill sets that others are not capable of. Despite ungodly athletic ability.

My list could be very different this time next year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sure meant now, no one said anything about predicting the future

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But by "now" you seem to think it must be based solely on results of the current season. Pryor seasons and expectations for next year don't matter?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But by "now" you seem to think it must be based solely on results of the current season. Pryor seasons and expectations for next year don't matter?
No the term
Is now. Not 10 years ago. Not 6 months from now. RIGHT NOW

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 Kawhi
7 Giannis
8 Harden
9 Dame
10 DeRozan

Ohh we are continuing the list lol

1. LBJ
2. Giannis
3. KD
4. Harden
5. Steph

My 1 and 2 could be flipped as well as my 2 and 3 and 4 and 5. That's how close they are imo

6. Kawhi
7. AD
8. Lillard
9. Kyrie
10. Embiid

I would take Kyrie and Lillard over RW. 10 is up for debate and there might be more polished big men but Embiid can be dominant.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s use this example. Wilt chamberlain was great he was great in the past. Let’s take that into account.

Right now. Andrew bogut is words better than him

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're doing top 10:

1) Giannis
2) KD
3) Steph
4) Kawhi
5) Harden

6) AD
7) Lebron
8) Embiid
9) Dame
10) Paul George

Going with AD every so slightly over Lebron, if only because Lebron's defense (whether or not it was due to injury) was less than stellar. Embiid was a beast this year and played really well. Dame I give a slight edge over Paul George because Dame's been consistent in being the team's best player, while PG at times has flip flopped with Russ as being the defacto guy in OKC.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh we are continuing the list lol

1. LBJ
2. Giannis
3. KD
4. Harden
5. Steph

My 1 and 2 could be flipped as well as my 2 and 3 and 4 and 5. That's how close they are imo

6. Kawhi
7. AD
8. Lillard
9. Kyrie
10. Embiid

I would take Kyrie and Lillard over RW. 10 is up for debate and there might be more polished big men but Embiid can be dominant.
I can't put Kyrie Top Ten. He close, but I cant. Tried to sneak Oladipo in there, but couldn't do it.

We're 8/10 the same. And I'd go to prison before giving Embiid credit. Hate that douche.