• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are your top 5 NBA PLAYERS RIGHT NOW

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis has no jump shot. AD can drain threes and is probably even better defensively. You’re a prisoner of the moment.

And that makes him better? LOL

AD is a hell of a player but Giannis is arguably the best player in the NBA right now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s close, AD basically has better numbers across the board though. So if you’re going on team performance, sure.

If you only look at numbers you are doing it wrong

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that puts RW in the top 5 and doesn't have Lillard ahead of him is kidding themselves. No way RW is in the top 5, but if he somehow is Lillard is ahead.

RW isn't in my top 10 though so

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A KAT appearance.

He certainly played like the best big man in the league down the stretch this year.

I like that you didn't rank LeBron. You and I agree there.

Well Lebron could be void bc he missed some time. If he was in the playoffs right now I would have to think nothing would be changed but we don't know so I could have just not included him at all for that reason. Everyone is caught up in the playoffs and Lebron isn't there, plus considering how bad the Lakers were it can definitely cloud peoples' judgments on Lebron's performance this year and him not being healthy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at this point still as likely to think he can come back refreshed and ready to go next year....maybe with better players around him.

Yeah, the Lakers not making the playoffs could end up being a blessing in disguise (how's that for turning lemons into lemonade? lol).

The injury forced Lebron to miss more games than he ever has and with the Lakers not making the playoffs, he's going to get more rest than he's had since his rookie year.

His trainer said that he actually came back too soon from the groin injury. So, the extra rest should help him to be refreshed (and hungry?) and the injury will have plenty of time to completely heal.

Now, we just need for the Lakers to not fuck up the off-season too badly. :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that puts RW in the top 5 and doesn't have Lillard ahead of him is kidding themselves. No way RW is in the top 5, but if he somehow is Lillard is ahead.

RW isn't in my top 10 though so

Westbrook is difficult to rank, imo. As far as pure talent, he may well be the most talented player in the league and no one in the league plays harder than he does. He is truly the one guy that you can say never takes a play off.

When he has his game rolling...you can make a case for him being in the top 3.

But when his game isn't rolling and he keeps forcing things, he actually hurts his team much more than he helps.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is difficult to rank, imo. As far as pure talent, he may well be the most talented player in the league and no one in the league plays harder than he does. He is truly the one guy that you can say never takes a play off.

When he has his game rolling...you can make a case for him being in the top 3.

But when his game isn't rolling and he keeps forcing things, he actually hurts his team much more than he helps.

I agree. I just don't rank him up there bc too many times especially in the playoffs he plays out of control. I will say the fit around him isn't the best but you can't just keep shooting 5-21 and expect to win. PG13 is a special talent and he hasn't played well in the series either but imagine these other top guys with PG13. I think the fact RW can't fit in with other great players or certain types of players hurts him as well imo. All I know is OKC needs shooters around him, it definitely isn't making him look better with the lack of shooting

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I just don't rank him up there bc too many times especially in the playoffs he plays out of control. I will say the fit around him isn't the best but you can't just keep shooting 5-21 and expect to win. PG13 is a special talent and he hasn't played well in the series either but imagine these other top guys with PG13. I think the fact RW can't fit in with other great players or certain types of players hurts him as well imo. All I know is OKC needs shooters around him, it definitely isn't making him look better with the lack of shooting

Yeah, I agree. That's why he's not in my top 5 either.

Because of how crazy talented he is and how hard he plays, Westbrook is one of my favorite players to watch.

His meltdown games can be every bit as fascinating and, in their own way, as much fun to watch as the games where he's on fire.

I don't think I'd want him on the Lakers because he'd be way too frustrating to watch. But playing for someone else...he's a lot of fun to watch.

I think that's a lot of why KD left. I think PG is probably going to be questioning his decision to stay as well.

Westbrook just hasn't seemed to be able to learn to play alongside another star. At least not consistently. That's got to be frustrating for those players.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. That's why he's not in my top 5 either.

Because of how crazy talented he is and how hard he plays, Westbrook is one of my favorite players to watch.

His meltdown games can be every bit as fascinating and, in their own way, as much fun to watch as the games where he's on fire.

I don't think I'd want him on the Lakers because he'd be way too frustrating to watch. But playing for someone else...he's a lot of fun to watch.

I think that's a lot of why KD left. I think PG is probably going to be questioning his decision to stay as well.

Westbrook just hasn't seemed to be able to learn to play alongside another star. At least not consistently. That's got to be frustrating for those players.

Yeah way too frustrating see how inconsistent he can be. You think he will eventually learn that being inefficient doesn't work. He does at times notice he needs to pass more or be more in control of his game but then he just has a streak where he shoots 3-4 bad shots in a row. That is something you can't do against very good to great teams especially against a great offensive team like Portland and Lillard. That can be 10-0 run very quick the other way.

I will never get the PG decision. Lebron and PG is a match made in heaven.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah way too frustrating see how inconsistent he can be. You think he will eventually learn that being inefficient doesn't work. He does at times notice he needs to pass more or be more in control of his game but then he just has a streak where he shoots 3-4 bad shots in a row. That is something you can't do against very good to great teams especially against a great offensive team like Portland and Lillard. That can be 10-0 run very quick the other way.

He's been in the league for 10 years now. If he were going to learn that, I would think that it would have happened by now.

But like a fat guy at a buffet...he just can't seem to stop himself.

I will never get the PG decision. Lebron and PG is a match made in heaven.

I've said before, I think it was a bit of a combo platter of emotion and bad advice. I think he truly was overwhelmed at the reception that he received from the Thunder as an organization and their fans. He has also said that the Lakers didn't try hard enough to trade for him (which was shortsighted, imo).

I also think that someone (Westbrook himself?) may have told him that Westbrook had learned his lesson from KD leaving.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Giannis
2. LeBron
3. KD
4. AD
5. Harden

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has also said that the Lakers didn't try hard enough to trade for him (which was shortsighted, imo).

...after PG said he didn't want the Lakers to give up assets to trade for him (he wanted to play WITH those trade assets). PG got sold a bill of goods in Oklahoma. Hope he likes his decision, as he's stuck with Russ.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...after PG said he didn't want the Lakers to give up assets to trade for him (he wanted to play WITH those trade assets). PG got sold a bill of goods in Oklahoma. Hope he likes his decision, as he's stuck with Russ.

Forgot about that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now???

1) Giannis
2) KD
3) Steph
4) Kawhi
5) Harden

Lebron didn't make the cut for me only because from the list above, all their numbers translated to winning. If we're going to use the record argument about Russ, we at least have to be consistent. Same when it comes with AD.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to chill when you are going nuts over an opinion? Anyone says Lebron is #1 and there you are telling them how wrong their opinion is.

I believe he can still be the player he was on a team built to fit with him. You don't. we'll see next year.....unless LA FO fails again.

He might be. And I never said I don't think he can be that player again. He certainly can. But he wasn't THIS year and I am not making the assumption that he defintely will be next year at 35.

But this isn't about next year or last year. It was about this year. Right now.

Just about everybody either has LeBron ranked 1 or off the list all together.

That is telling.

That means to me that people are not making their lists using the same criteria. And the people using the same criteria I am (on court play this season) have lists that look a lot like mine.

Lastly, FYI, preseason I picked LeBron to win MVP this year because I thought he would lead the Lakers to about 50 wins and post massive numbers. I was wrong. He got the numbers, but his efficiency was down and he didn't have enough impact on winning THIS year to be #1. Too many question marks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be. And I never said I don't think he can be that player again. He certainly can. But he wasn't THIS year and I am not making the assumption that he defintely will be next year at 35.

But this isn't about next year or last year. It was about this year. Right now.

Just about everybody either has LeBron ranked 1 or off the list all together.

That is telling.

That means to me that people are not making their lists using the same criteria. And the people using the same criteria I am (on court play this season) have lists that look a lot like mine.

Lastly, FYI, preseason I picked LeBron to win MVP this year because I thought he would lead the Lakers to about 50 wins and post massive numbers. I was wrong. He got the numbers, but his efficiency was down and he didn't have enough impact on winning THIS year to be #1. Too many question marks.
OK, and maybe your criteria isn't the only way to look at this. Just asks who are your top 5 right now.

Did AD have a lot to do with winning THIS YEAR? He made your list

Yes, I am of the belief this year was an anomaly for him and he'll be refreshed with better players around him next year. You obviously don't see that and that's fine.

But keep thinking I'm the one getting upset over this.