• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are your top 5 NBA PLAYERS RIGHT NOW

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar Ball
Lonzo Ball
LiAngelo Ball
LaMelo Ball
Lavar Ball

:noidea:

Can you be serious for a minute? We're trying to have a serious thread in here and come in with this sort of bullshit. I can't take you serious when you have Lavar posted as the 1st and 5th best players. You're clearly hedging here.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be. And I never said I don't think he can be that player again. He certainly can. But he wasn't THIS year and I am not making the assumption that he defintely will be next year at 35.

But this isn't about next year or last year. It was about this year. Right now.

Just about everybody either has LeBron ranked 1 or off the list all together.

That is telling.

That means to me that people are not making their lists using the same criteria. And the people using the same criteria I am (on court play this season) have lists that look a lot like mine.

Lastly, FYI, preseason I picked LeBron to win MVP this year because I thought he would lead the Lakers to about 50 wins and post massive numbers. I was wrong. He got the numbers, but his efficiency was down and he didn't have enough impact on winning THIS year to be #1. Too many question marks.

Had LeBron been healthy all year I'd have him in my top 5. But he missed too much time to be in the conversation this year. Father Time's not far behind him right now but hasn't caught him yet. If LeBron can stay healthy I think he's back in the conversation next year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar Ball
Lonzo Ball
LiAngelo Ball
LaMelo Ball
Lavar Ball

:noidea:

94-0 regular season and playoffs coming. Yes, their Finals opponent won't even bother to show up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you be serious for a minute? We're trying to have a serious thread in here and come in with this sort of bullshit. I can't take you serious when you have Lavar posted as the 1st and 5th best players. You're clearly hedging here.
right? Only a little research and he could have found another Ball for the list.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound:

See comment # 106.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had LeBron been healthy all year I'd have him in my top 5. But he missed too much time to be in the conversation this year. Father Time's not far behind him right now but hasn't caught him yet. If LeBron can stay healthy I think he's back in the conversation next year.
and if we are only basing on our opinion on what they did this year he's not on my list either. But that's not how I interpreted the question.

For me it was if we had a draft for next season (and only next season) who would I want. Having said that, I could still see if someone does not want Lebron #1 or even top 5.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Papa Ball's so important he's worth 2 mentions.

You've obviously never seen him play. He's so fast that he can be at two places at one time.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if we are only basing on our opinion on what they did this year he's not on my list either. But that's not how I interpreted the question.

For me it was if we had a draft for next season (and only next season) who would I want. Having said that, I could still see if someone does not want Lebron #1 or even top 5.

Next year? I'd draft him w/ a top 5 pick. Until I see his skills greatly diminish I'm not betting against him. His basketball IQ is off the charts.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, and maybe your criteria isn't the only way to look at this. Just asks who are your top 5 right now.

Did AD have a lot to do with winning THIS YEAR? He made your list

Yes, I am of the belief this year was an anomaly for him and he'll be refreshed with better players around him next year. You obviously don't see that and that's fine.

But keep thinking I'm the one getting upset over this.

No. AD didn't affect winning enough. Maybe I should re-asses and take him off my list.

But, big difference between tanking him AD 5 and LBJ 1.

IMO there was no obvious choice for 5 because there were warts on all the resumes.

AD and LeBron- didn't get their teams to the playoffs
Embiid- team was good, but underachieved relative to their talent, IMO
Kawhi- maybe. But he missed a lot games and his numbers don't compare, although his defense elevates him
Lillard- great season, not sure I am ready to put him top 5
George- nah. Top 10 sure.
Kyrie- don't get me started. Great statistical season though
Russ- way too inefficient

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Papa Ball's so important he's worth 2 mentions.
lavarballtest-1.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've obviously never seen him play. He's so fast that he can be at two places at one time.

No I haven't seen him play. Can you post some of his vintage moves?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, and maybe your criteria isn't the only way to look at this. Just asks who are your top 5 right now.

Did AD have a lot to do with winning THIS YEAR? He made your list

Yes, I am of the belief this year was an anomaly for him and he'll be refreshed with better players around him next year. You obviously don't see that and that's fine.

But keep thinking I'm the one getting upset over this.

LOL at you thinking I am upset.

And please stop putting words in my mouth.

I never once said I didn't think LeBron would be refreshed and back on top next year.

I said he clearly was not on top this year.

I also said I am not assuming he will be back on top next year.

The people ranking him 1 are doing just that.