• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are your top 5 NBA PLAYERS RIGHT NOW

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! :faint:

:clap::suds::cheer2::headbanger::amen:

It's hard to rate KD because the team is so good. I think Giannis definitely had the greater regular season and he shouldn't finish any lower than second in MVP voting, but yeah, if it came down to someone taking the last shot in Game 7, I'd take KD over anybody.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to rate KD because the team is so good. I think Giannis definitely had the greater regular season and he shouldn't finish any lower than second in MVP voting, but yeah, if it came down to someone taking the last shot in Game 7, I'd take KD over anybody.
Not saying this because of previous Game 7 (which was not last shot), but I'll consider Kyrie as well. Can also shoot and get to the rim and like KD will make his FTs if fouled.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying this because of previous Game 7 (which was not last shot), but I'll consider Kyrie as well. Can also shoot and get to the rim and like KD will make his FTs if fouled.

Kyrie has to be considered for top 'take the last shot' guy

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved that movie, too. Uncle Drew was a surprisingly good movie.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all fair, but you want to assume he cannot be the same guy yet say we cannot assume he will? This is the first time ever he was hurt and played for a team going nowhere. No chance he can be healthy again like the rest of his career and be his old self next season if his team has something to play for?

I make no such assumption.

We are supposed to rank the top 5 in the league right now. Today.

To me, that is based on this year. And LeBron was not a top 5 player this year, let alone # 1 when he was on the court.

Maybe he gets all the way back next year. And if he does, I will restore him near the top if not at the top next year.

But you guys ranking him 1 are making assumptions, not me.

So do you actually think LeBron was the best player in the NBA this season?

Or are you assuming a 35 year will come back like new next year?

I am not naive enough to bet against LeBron. But I will call it like I see it. Based on what he accomplished on the court this season he was not a top 5 player.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All around players like that play both sides of the floor?

Bron
KD
Giannis
Klay
Kawhi

Just offense take out last 2 and put in Harden Curry

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you were doing great until that last comment. "not even a legit case"?

Now if we are talking player we'd take beyond The Now, I agree with you. But some of the guys you have ahead of him have been injured quite a bit and that doesn't seem to concern you. One injury for Lebron and he's done as a top player?

when he played this year he didn't look much different than last year IMO pre-injury. IF he cannot come back from this and starts going downhill, OK, I agree with you. But at this point still as likely to think he can come back refreshed and ready to go next year....maybe with better players around him.

I disagree completely.

He did look different this year to me though. His counting stats are about the same.

His scoring efficiency was way down. All his advanced stats were way down.

PER - 3rd lowest in career, lowest since 2007
Win shares- lowest by far since rookie season- injuries, I know
Win shares /48- lowest since rookie season
True shooting- tied for 2nd lowest since '08
VORP- lowest since rookie season
BPM- 2nd lowest since '07

Granted, LeBron sets the bar really high. But with so many other stars doing so many great things, LBJ does not deserve to be at number 1 based on what he did on the court this season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course. So would I.

Does that make KD the better player though?

Who is more likely to get you to that Finals game 7 as your best player?

YEah, I know. KD has been there done that. But I think we can agree he has had a bit more help than Giannis has this season.

Put KD on a comparable roster talentwise to what Giannis has in Milwaukee with comparable coaching, and I am betting on Giannis taking his team further.

But of course I want KD taking the last shot. He is a top 5 pure scorer in the history of the NBA. Giannis is not that.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Lebron
2. KD
3. Giannis
4. Curry
5. Westbrook

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree completely.

He did look different this year to me though. His counting stats are about the same.

His scoring efficiency was way down. All his advanced stats were way down.

PER - 3rd lowest in career, lowest since 2007
Win shares- lowest by far since rookie season- injuries, I know
Win shares /48- lowest since rookie season
True shooting- tied for 2nd lowest since '08
VORP- lowest since rookie season
BPM- 2nd lowest since '07

Granted, LeBron sets the bar really high. But with so many other stars doing so many great things, LBJ does not deserve to be at number 1 based on what he did on the court this season.
You can disagree all you want....as I do to you. But I leave open the possibility I am not right as it is just an opinion.

as is yours.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can disagree all you want....as I do to you. But I leave open the possibility I am not right as it is just an opinion.

as is yours.

Please answer my question though:

Was LeBron James the best player in the NBA this year?

Because that is what this thread is about. Right now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please answer my question though:

Was LeBron James the best player in the NBA this year?

Because that is what this thread is about. Right now.
Thread is who are MY top players today. He was hurt and then not engaged as his team was done early. Also an awful team was built around him.

If all players had equal talent around them and could be built to their strengths, Lebron is still my choice as the best. Could that change next year if he cannot stay healthy again? Sure. But while you might be betting he cannot stay healthy, I think it was an anomaly.

If we are basing on THIS season, because of time missed AD is not a top 5 player.....yet there he was on your list.

You get this is just an opinion, right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread is who are MY top players today. He was hurt and then not engaged as his team was done early. Also an awful team was built around him.

If all players had equal talent around them and could be built to their strengths, Lebron is still my choice as the best. Could that change next year if he cannot stay healthy again? Sure. But while you might be betting he cannot stay healthy, I think it was an anomaly.

If we are basing on THIS season, because of time missed AD is not a top 5 player.....yet there he was on your list.

Chill man.

AD was actually still top 3 in win shares per 48 despite playing on a lousy team (like LeBron).

AD's numbers were better.

But I would not argue too much with anybody putting LeBron at 5. Hell, even putting him at like 3 isn't that bad.

1 is just crazy to me based on what he showed THIS season.

And it isn't just an outlier either. People either have him at 1 or not on their list at all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And my ranking has nothing to do with his health and everything to do with his actual play on the court.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chill man.

AD was actually still top 3 in win shares per 48 despite playing on a lousy team (like LeBron).

AD's numbers were better.

But I would not argue too much with anybody putting LeBron at 5. Hell, even putting him at like 3 isn't that bad.

1 is just crazy to me based on what he showed THIS season.

And it isn't just an outlier either. People either have him at 1 or not on their list at all.
I need to chill when you are going nuts over an opinion? Anyone says Lebron is #1 and there you are telling them how wrong their opinion is.

I believe he can still be the player he was on a team built to fit with him. You don't. we'll see next year.....unless LA FO fails again.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James
Harden
Curry
Durant
Westbrook