• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are your top 5 NBA PLAYERS RIGHT NOW

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant
Curry
Gianis
Kat
Harden

A KAT appearance.

He certainly played like the best big man in the league down the stretch this year.

I like that you didn't rank LeBron. You and I agree there.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A KAT appearance.

He certainly played like the best big man in the league down the stretch this year.

I like that you didn't rank LeBron. You and I agree there.
He was injured and is getting old.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that happen to be?

Are you asking what Giannis does best?

He is the best pure athlete in the league. He is an elite finisher both in the open court and in half court offense. He is among the best I have ever seen at getting to the rim and finishing.

In addition to that, he is DPOY worthy defensively, he is a good playmaker and an elite rebounder.

Anthony Davis is the fantasy basketball MVP for sure and defintely a top tier player. If he had been able to maintain the edge he played with down the stretch in 2018, I would have him at the top with Giannis. Maybe even ahead. But Davis took a step back this year IMO. And that was before the trade request/shutdown nonsense.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Embiid
2. Durant
3. L. James
4. Giannis
5. Curry

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casual fans generally go by name recognition over actual value.

I agree.

Most of the regular posters here I wouldn't classify as casual fans though. They follow the league really closely and are generally pretty well versed.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Most of the regular posters here I wouldn't classify as casual fans though. They follow the league really closely and are generally pretty well versed.
It may be from track record and the belief that his injury prone season is an anomaly. I dont see one player capable of repeating what he did in the east when moving to the west. Obviously, he was the best player on the planet for numerous years, only a hater would say otherwise, but you wont make 8 straight finals appearances in the west without at least one or two more legit all stars.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

It’s hard not to include him in the top 5. Maybe I put him too high...but we know what he’s capable of. Or at least, was capable of.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be from track record and the belief that his injury prone season is an anomaly. I dont see one player capable of repeating what he did in the east when moving to the west. Obviously, he was the best player on the planet for numerous years, only a hater would say otherwise, but you wont make 8 straight finals appearances in the west without at least one or two more legit all stars.

I agree with all this.

I think he was the best in the NBA for an unprecedented stretch of close to 10 years. I have #2 on my GOAT list where personally I believe the argument between him and MJ is closer than the argument between LBJ and everyone else.

I want to make this clear because I am no LBJ hater.

But LBJ's time at the top is in the rear view mirror. There are a lot of stars doing spectacular things across the league and LeBron is still among them. But based on the 2019 season and his overall career trajectory I just don't see a legit case for him at #1 anymore.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s hard not to include him in the top 5. Maybe I put him too high...but we know what he’s capable of. Or at least, was capable of.

I think that is the key though.

WAS

This thread is about who IS the top 5 TODAY

He is still great. I can't get too mad at ranking him in the top 5.

But Giannis had such an amazing season. There are so many great players in the league today. LeBron is still among them, but he has passed the torch IMO.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Steph
2. Harden
3. Durant
4. Giannis
5. Jokic

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Lebron: while @tlance makes some good points, I'm not holding his first significant time out injured against him. He's the best until someone shows himself to be better when Lebron is healthy.

2. KD: the one guy with enough of an all around game to pass Lebron and a case can be made that he's already better.

3. Giannis: If KD falters, he's the heir apparent. But he still has a couple of holes in his game that need filled.

4. Curry: His unselfishness actually hurts him on lists like this, imo.

5. Harden: hate putting him here over AD, because I don't like how he plays, but AD needs to show he can stay healthy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Lebron
2. KD
3. Giannis
4. Embid
5. Harden

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you guys still putting LeBron at #1?

Sorry, but hell no.

His numbers are great. What he did in last year's playoffs was spectacular.

But that was last year. This is now.

Before the injury maybe. After the injury he was playing over weight and his impact just wasn't the same. And we can't just assume he is going to come back next year in his age 35 season and be back to 2018 LeBron. His defensive impact was Harden like this season. His true shooting percentage was his second lowest since 2008. His win shares per 48 was the lowest since his rookie season and NOT in the top 25 in the NBA.

I am as big a LeBron supporter as anyone on here. But if we are being truly objective, there is a better case to be made for LBJ outside the top 5 than at #1 right now.

I am shocked so many lists just assume he is still #1. By any objective measure using this past season, stats, eye test, what ever you want or use, he was not #1.
This is all fair, but you want to assume he cannot be the same guy yet say we cannot assume he will? This is the first time ever he was hurt and played for a team going nowhere. No chance he can be healthy again like the rest of his career and be his old self next season if his team has something to play for?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Lebron: while @tlance makes some good points, I'm not holding his first significant time out injured against him. He's the best until someone shows himself to be better when Lebron is healthy.

2. KD: the one guy with enough of an all around game to pass Lebron and a case can be made that he's already better.

3. Giannis: If KD falters, he's the heir apparent. But he still has a couple of holes in his game that need filled.

4. Curry: His unselfishness actually hurts him on lists like this, imo.

5. Harden: hate putting him here over AD, because I don't like how he plays, but AD needs to show he can stay healthy.
Good points and I'll switch KD and Giannis. KDs shooting range changes my mind (based on your comments).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet still the vast majority on here have him at number 1

I don't get it.
Because it was the first time he ever had a significant injury in his life. could it be the start of more issues to come? Sure. But maybe he has another Lebron-like year or 2 left. We obviously think he does.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but by this logic your list should pretty much only be Warriors. Maybe @msgkings322 had it right.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all this.

I think he was the best in the NBA for an unprecedented stretch of close to 10 years. I have #2 on my GOAT list where personally I believe the argument between him and MJ is closer than the argument between LBJ and everyone else.

I want to make this clear because I am no LBJ hater.

But LBJ's time at the top is in the rear view mirror. There are a lot of stars doing spectacular things across the league and LeBron is still among them. But based on the 2019 season and his overall career trajectory I just don't see a legit case for him at #1 anymore.
Thought you were doing great until that last comment. "not even a legit case"?

Now if we are talking player we'd take beyond The Now, I agree with you. But some of the guys you have ahead of him have been injured quite a bit and that doesn't seem to concern you. One injury for Lebron and he's done as a top player?

when he played this year he didn't look much different than last year IMO pre-injury. IF he cannot come back from this and starts going downhill, OK, I agree with you. But at this point still as likely to think he can come back refreshed and ready to go next year....maybe with better players around him.