• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are you rooting for in the World Series?

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwa ha ha ha.

Single to drive in a run, leaving bases loaded, one out for Ortiz.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have i mentioned i hate carlos beltran?

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards may want to think about pulling Wainwright here. Save him to come back sooner rather than later. this game looks to be done already. plus its not like he "has it" tonight.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow 5-zip already and the Cards are falling apart. Kozmo seems to choke up little in big games. He sure did against the Giants. Now Boston.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that I have ever seen a game end that way, ever - let alone a WS game.

200% drama !

2-1 Cards

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just knew the Sox would win last night on another unusual call- baseball gods have a way of evening things out sometimes!

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watch many innings but following this series. Strictly baseball, these are two evenly matched teams and has been a good series.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watch many innings but following this series. Strictly baseball, these are two evenly matched teams and has been a good series.

It kinda pisses me off because they are only winning because of really good luck and there is not enough tape on their pitching so teams are being shut down. Also they were extremely lucky in the Dodgers series. The Dodgers out hit them they just couldnt get key hits.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Still hard to care, I don't want either team to win.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kinda pisses me off because they are only winning because of really good luck and there is not enough tape on their pitching so teams are being shut down. Also they were extremely lucky in the Dodgers series. The Dodgers out hit them they just couldnt get key hits.

Every playoff series looks like the winning team gets 'lucky' because it's such a short series, it can turn on one inning, one play. The playoffs are a crapshoot, once you're there a lot of luck and small-sample-size dynamic comes into it.

And pitching almost always shuts down hitting in the playoffs. It's not lack of 'tape', it's because hitters pad their stats all year on 4th and 5th starters and bad teams' pitchers. In the playoffs you face the best pitchers on the best teams.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every playoff series looks like the winning team gets 'lucky' because it's such a short series, it can turn on one inning, one play. The playoffs are a crapshoot, once you're there a lot of luck and small-sample-size dynamic comes into it.

And pitching almost always shuts down hitting in the playoffs. It's not lack of 'tape', it's because hitters pad their stats all year on 4th and 5th starters and bad teams' pitchers. In the playoffs you face the best pitchers on the best teams.

I dont think that really is the case here most of their starters have not been in the bigs long half their BP are rookies. Wacha and Kelly kept moving between Bullpen and Starter. They are talented guys but I doubt the the Cards have number 1 guys 5 players deep.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think that really is the case here most of their starters have not been in the bigs long half their BP are rookies. Wacha and Kelly kept moving between Bullpen and Starter. They are talented guys but I doubt the the Cards have number 1 guys 5 players deep.

On the flip side, sometimes you get top pitchers who perform poorly (Kershaw)

There's no requirement of mlb years before you're allowed to shine in the playoffs (us Giants fans are lucky to have Bumgarner do the same thing)

All we can do is evaluate the teams as is and how they're playing now for seven games

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the playoffs you don't have to go 5 deep. Your best 3 starters pitch 2 games each. Your best relievers pitch more too, you don't have to rest them like you do in the regular season.

As Giants fans we know this well, it was our stellar pitching that got us both championships, when all the 'experts' thought the mighty Rangers and Tigers lineups would pound us. Those hitters' stats weren't generated off Cain, Lincecum, Bumgarner, Romo, Wilson, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the playoffs you don't have to go 5 deep. Your best 3 starters pitch 2 games each. Your best relievers pitch more too, you don't have to rest them like you do in the regular season.

As Giants fans we know this well, it was our stellar pitching that got us both championships, when all the 'experts' thought the mighty Rangers and Tigers lineups would pound us. Those hitters' stats weren't generated off Cain, Lincecum, Bumgarner, Romo, Wilson, etc.

and I understand that but Cain and Lincecum were doing it for a few years. Wano is Wano Lynn is decent. But is Joe Kelly really that good or Wacha or Carlos Martinez or Seagrest all rookies and all have pretty much shut people down all playoffs. Except for Joe Kelly he isnt a rookie.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all pitched pretty damn well during the regular season as well, didn't they? It's not as if suddenly these 2.5WHIP, 6.5ERA hacks are shutting people down.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, echo this^^

Well said, tiger fan should pay attention to this

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all pitched pretty damn well during the regular season as well, didn't they? It's not as if suddenly these 2.5WHIP, 6.5ERA hacks are shutting people down.

Joe Kelly was kinda up and down good down the stretch though when he started consistantly instead of jumping from bullpen to starter. Wacha was ok nothing great he was in the minors up for a few starts was then sent down then in the bullpen and had some good starts at years end. the bullpen guys pretty much did it all year. except carlos martinez he was a sept call up.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston just closed out game 5

Up 3-2 and going back to Boston..I felt if St. Louis had any chance, they needed game 5

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston just closed out game 5

Up 3-2 and going back to Boston..I felt if St. Louis had any chance, they needed game 5

Well, Wacha's been very good so far. The rookie's gonna need to step up again, but if they can somehow get past Lackey and the Sox in Game 6, they will have a winnable Game 7 with Kelly going up against Peavy. The good news for the Cards is that they won't face Lester again unless it's a relief appearance.