• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whitney Mercilus

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's being cut by Houston - should Seattle put in a claim?

I believe he'll only cost the prorated $4.5 million for his base salary. A veteran pass rusher, on a team that hasn't gotten a lot of pressure on the QB.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe he'll only cost the prorated $4.5 million for his base salary. A veteran pass rusher, on a team that hasn't gotten a lot of pressure on the QB.
We're 2-4... Not sure I'd be willing to spend the money on another pass rusher...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good idea............

But I agree with anointed

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 2-4... Not sure I'd be willing to spend the money on another pass rusher...

Well, since he's a free agent at the end of the year, it isn't like it'll have long term issues. We also have only 11 sacks thus far this season, and the only player with more than 1 was carted off the field Sunday and though it doesn't seem to be that bad, we really don't know if and how much time will be missed by that. We're 25th in the league in pressure %. Right now, the numbers would suggest that we have only 1 pass rusher on the team as it is.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's in the final year of the contract than yes put in a claim.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's in the final year of the contract than yes put in a claim.

He re-worked his contract with Houston earlier this year, voiding his final two years of the contract in exchange for moving some of the money forward and guaranteeing his 2021 salary. So, yeah, he's in a contract year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He re-worked his contract with Houston earlier this year, voiding his final two years of the contract in exchange for moving some of the money forward and guaranteeing his 2021 salary. So, yeah, he's in a contract year.
I was figuring it was a contract but wasn't 100% sure. So put a claim in and maybe get lucky he lands to us. It's not like draft picks are involved.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was figuring it was a contract but wasn't 100% sure. So put a claim in and maybe get lucky he lands to us. It's not like draft picks are involved.

Yeah, not advocating for losing draft picks. Seattle has a fairly high waiver claim position, over $12 million in cap space (with this only costing $4.5 million) and an ineffective pass rush. Carlos Dunlap is currently in his longest sack free slump of his career (9 games including playoffs, previous long was 6). Hyder (our big free agent get) is currently nursing one of 7 games. Rasheem Green has been extremely quiet since the first half of the first game. Alton Robinson appears to have been benched (though maybe I missed an injury) with just 7 defensive snaps the last 2 weeks. Our defensive ends, outside of Taylor, have been underwhelming in the passing defense and a huge reason why opposing QBs have so much time available.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since he's a free agent at the end of the year, it isn't like it'll have long term issues. We also have only 11 sacks thus far this season, and the only player with more than 1 was carted off the field Sunday and though it doesn't seem to be that bad, we really don't know if and how much time will be missed by that. We're 25th in the league in pressure %. Right now, the numbers would suggest that we have only 1 pass rusher on the team as it is.
That would make more sense if he's on his last year of his contract...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moot point now.... Looks like he jointed the Packers...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know, I am just sitting here shaking my head. The Hawks when Pete and Jon got here would leave no stone unturned, it's how they built the team from 2010 till around 2013-2014. Then they started trading away draft picks for players they had no clue on how to use and killing any chance to bring in some young guys with potential and the guys they did pick were more often a bust or sub par back up players at best.

The Hawks NEED to be actively attacking the waiver wires for talent and yet they would rather give up future #1 and #2 picks for a player they have no clue how to use. ( Jimmy and Jamal to name just two ). This extremely piss poor approach has turned us into a talent starved team. Yes we have a lot of young players and yes they could get better but talent wise we have to be one of the worst teams in the league. As bad as our defense has been imagine if Bobby says "I'm retiring" after this season. You think it's bad now haha oof.

I mean who is in charge of scouting? they need to be fired ASAP. Who is out there trying to find talent for this team yet lets players that could help your team go elsewhere with out even TRYING! I have never seen this team/FO so lazy as they are now, it's like they are not trying to get better and are just sitting on their hands and tanking the season. Do they know we don't have our #1 pick in 2022? lol

Marcilus AND Sherman would have helped this team.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears I was incorrect on Mercilus going through waivers. Since he is a vested veteran, he doesn't go through waivers and becomes a free agent upon release. Hopefully they at least reached out, but they couldn't make a claim for him.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know, I am just sitting here shaking my head. The Hawks when Pete and Jon got here would leave no stone unturned, it's how they built the team from 2010 till around 2013-2014. Then they started trading away draft picks for players they had no clue on how to use and killing any chance to bring in some young guys with potential and the guys they did pick were more often a bust or sub par back up players at best.
Bandaid after bandaid has brought the team to ruin. One or two down years would have been good in the long term, get a few high picks and get some star talent....
Fuck who am i kidding, they would have just wasted those picks and the fact they traded so many away shows that they knew it too.
The team needs a rebuild from the top down and then the bottom up.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandaid after bandaid has brought the team to ruin. One or two down years would have been good in the long term, get a few high picks and get some star talent....
Fuck who am i kidding, they would have just wasted those picks and the fact they traded so many away shows that they knew it too.
The team needs a rebuild from the top down and then the bottom up.
You may (or may not) be right but you preached the same doom and gloom when the team was winning so it is hard to take you too seriously.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitney Mercilus sounds like the **** name for a dominatrix who makes 5k a day live streaming video of hereself using a drilldo to fuck dudes in the ass while she has their balls and nipples strapped to a car battery

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitney Mercilus sounds like the **** name for a dominatrix who makes 5k a day live streaming video of hereself using a drilldo to fuck dudes in the ass while she has their balls and nipples strapped to a car battery

Ok you scare me.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may (or may not) be right but you preached the same doom and gloom when the team was winning so it is hard to take you too seriously.

Winning what? Regular season games? Ive seen the painting on the wall for a long time its just taken the rest of you a long time to catch up.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning what? Regular season games? Ive seen the painting on the wall for a long time its just taken the rest of you a long time to catch up.
........so winning games is a problem now?
You've been complaining about the Seahawks forever now. Years and years ago I stated that if you keep it up you will eventually be right because everything is cyclical and no one rules forever.
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
winning 12 games means nothing without playoff wins.