• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whitney Mercilus

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
winning 12 games means nothing without playoff wins.
No, winning 12 games means winning 12 games. The lack of playoff success is a seperate issue, which while frustrating is irrelevant to your negative views that you have been espousing since these board started, and quite possibly long before as I seem to recall you on the ESPN boards way back when.

I remember the 2-14 season and the Tom Flores era. I would have actually enjoyed to hear your rantings in those moments as it would have been considerably more justified.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, winning 12 games means winning 12 games. The lack of playoff success is a seperate issue, which while frustrating is irrelevant to your negative views that you have been espousing since these board started, and quite possibly long before as I seem to recall you on the ESPN boards way back when.

I remember the 2-14 season and the Tom Flores era. I would have actually enjoyed to hear your rantings in those moments as it would have been considerably more justified.

Maybe that's it? they were not a fan when the Hawks were bad? The bad times galvanize the fan base as only "TRUE" fans stick around.

:D

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
winning 12 games means nothing without playoff wins.

Well, you do have a much better chance at winning a playoff game with 12 wins than with 4 wins

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's it? they were not a fan when the Hawks were bad? The bad times galvanize the fan base as only "TRUE" fans stick around.

:D
I've heard that narrative for years, mostly from opposing fans after the 12s thing started!

I'm not what kind of fan Snugs is. He is certainly loyal in that he is always around. But he inherently latches onto any negative aspects the team may have in whatever year and beats it into the ground. Now he seems to be kinda proud about the Seahawks' struggles because he has been consistently predicting it for 20+ years or so. Seems a bit strange to me.

Idk GIF by VidCon

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to many people believe the struggles are only because of "one thing" not the full picture. Our defense is not struggling because of who the coach is. It's the same damn defense they have been running since 2010! it has more to do with the talent on the field. Pete can bring in as many DC's as he wants but he doesn't let them change how he likes to run the defense. Sad truth is Pete's defensive style had so much success that a lot of teams copied it and now people fully understand how to attack it and they lack the talent to pull it off now.

you need a FS with 4.4 or better speed and great range and anticipation. You need a big SS that can cover TE successfully and blow people up on those 5 yard crossers. He needs to also play like a linebacker but be smart enough to flip and run or drop into the passing lanes. Kam will be missed for a LONG time. Sherman had success because of his knowledge of routes ( from his time playing at WR ) this allowed him to flip and locate the ball early. Our DB's face guard to much now so it leaves them open to the quick hitters and back shoulder throws. If they would just understand route concepts they could flip and locate. This would allow them to break up more passes and/or track the ball better. Ball skills on the back end of this defense is bad.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to many people believe the struggles are only because of "one thing" not the full picture. Our defense is not struggling because of who the coach is. It's the same damn defense they have been running since 2010! it has more to do with the talent on the field. Pete can bring in as many DC's as he wants but he doesn't let them change how he likes to run the defense. Sad truth is Pete's defensive style had so much success that a lot of teams copied it and now people fully understand how to attack it and they lack the talent to pull it off now.

you need a FS with 4.4 or better speed and great range and anticipation. You need a big SS that can cover TE successfully and blow people up on those 5 yard crossers. He needs to also play like a linebacker but be smart enough to flip and run or drop into the passing lanes. Kam will be missed for a LONG time. Sherman had success because of his knowledge of routes ( from his time playing at WR ) this allowed him to flip and locate the ball early. Our DB's face guard to much now so it leaves them open to the quick hitters and back shoulder throws. If they would just understand route concepts they could flip and locate. This would allow them to break up more passes and/or track the ball better. Ball skills on the back end of this defense is bad.

I mean... we have that SS in Jamal, don't we? I know Diggs is nowhere near Earl Thomas, but he's competent.... but we're routinely dropping Jamal deep or in WEIRD zone schemes.... I guess it can be attributed to our corner position? End of day I think it's a scheme issue.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

throw up GIF