• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox at Houston - ALDS Best of Five

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no idea. Seems to be on the up-n-up. No warning signs or anything like that when you log on. It's how I watched Sox games when they weren't being shown locally here in Sin City.
no way would mlb authorize this.
not that i'm complaining mind you. never bothers me to occasionally rip off the mega ripper offers.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way would mlb authorize this.
not that i'm complaining mind you. never bothers me to occasionally rip off the mega ripper offers.
Like I said, I have no idea as to the legality of the streaming, but I never see anything that suggests it's illegal.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re probably using fubar COVID tests and he has now given it to the whole team.
**Whew** False alarm gents:

And 9 will get you 2 that he's out there starting at 1b come game time

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynn is starting Game 1 - well deserved. If they can beat McCullers the Astros will have a big hill to climb the rest of the series. The Astros do not have a lot of depth in their rotation.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynn is starting Game 1 - well deserved. If they can beat McCullers the Astros will have a big hill to climb the rest of the series. The Astros do not have a lot of depth in their rotation.
I literally had the same thought - so you get a trophy ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Sox chances in this series - and think - a world series is possible.

Looking at the remaining teams - the thing that can come back to bite the Sox - is the White Sox are probably the worst team remaining in keeping the runners from stealing 2nd base. The best pick off move my far for the Sox is Reynaldo Lopez and he will not likely start. Everyone else lobs throws over to 1st and then seem unconcerned as guys take off for 2nd. Grandal is not bad with his throws and location, but the runners get a huge head start. In close ball games that failing can hurt. I don't suppose that is something Katz knows how to teach, but it should be an emphasis next season.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny you guys are so positive...Most of the pundits think we're going to lose. I like the cut of your jibs.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why be negative, what fun is that?

Honest now...If I went back and looked for your posts right before the Bears/Saints playoff game from last season, you telling me you were like "WE GOT DIS BOYEEEZZZ?" I doubt it. We all knew.

That said, I believe in the Sox...I was actually surprised that so many think we're gonna get rolled. I guess I don't watch enough of Houston-but I hardly consider them some kind of juggernaut.

Fun is relative. ;)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest now...If I went back and looked for your posts right before the Bears/Saints playoff game from last season, you telling me you were like "WE GOT DIS BOYEEEZZZ?" I doubt it. We all knew.

That said, I believe in the Sox...I was actually surprised that so many think we're gonna get rolled. I guess I don't watch enough of Houston-but I hardly consider them some kind of juggernaut.

Fun is relative. ;)
Well I can go you one further, if you recall on the Bears board I flat out predicted we were gonna get whupped by the Browns prior to that game a couple of weeks back. When the predicted outcome is all but certain, hell yeah I'm gonna tell it like it is. But it doesn't mean I'm not overall bullish on the Bears future fortunes with Fields at the helm. I just knew that we weren't gonna beat that team that day.

As to the Sox-Astros game & series, by no means is it a given that the Stros are gonna whup us. We have the talent, we have the roster to go far into October. Doesn't mean we will, but doesn't mean we won't either. Hence the posi-thoughts kicking in upfront.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the Sox finalized their ALDS roster:

The only somewhat surprise here is Keuchel was left off. I'm guessing his dismal performance out of the pen the other day sealed his fate. Jose Ruiz, who probably would have been the odd man out, is back on it. And I'm ok with this. As much as Dallas brings such a veteran presence and postseason experience, he just doesn't have what we need at this time.

A bit of a lesser surprise, altho not really, was the decision to go with Danny Mendick over Romy Gonzalez as a pine rider. I have to figure experience was the determining factor here.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the Sox finalized their ALDS roster:

The only somewhat surprise here is Keuchel was left off. I'm guessing his dismal performance out of the pen the other day sealed his fate. Jose Ruiz, who probably would have been the odd man out, is back on it. And I'm ok with this. As much as Dallas brings such a veteran presence and postseason experience, he just doesn't have what we need at this time.

A bit of a lesser surprise, altho not really, was the decision to go with Danny Mendick over Romy Gonzalez as a pine rider. I have to figure experience was the determining factor here.

I'm surprised too. But to be fair, Keuchel earned the spot he's in, so he can only blame himself. It's really a shame how hard he fell off especially considering what Lynn has brought. If he was anywhere near where he was during the Covid 2020 season, we'd probably be one of the favorites right now and playing at home.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're so close I can taste it boys.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandal cleanup....Not sure I'm happy about that...but I'll allow it since his recent play supports the decision. Sheets at first. Looks like they're playing it easy with Jose, who is at DH...Makes sense.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my memory banks there are lots of times when the guy coming back from a flu bout plays lights out. I can see Pito pulling that off.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swinging at total junk Timmy....Come on man.