• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Hot Odyssey Putter

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, got my early Christmas Present this year.

White Hot Odyssey Putter! Thing is sweet... Too bad it's almost over for golf season! I was using an older model Ping Putter (wasn't bad at all, but I can't put for sh%t anyway)

Love it how you can hold it by one finger and it balances!

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 V-Line Putter

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will kick all your ass$S on the green

LMAO... right :noidea:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now I just need to make it make all my puts, I suck at putting!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulda got the 2-ball White Hot! I've had it for 3 years now and can honestly say it has improved my putting game immensely. Something about lining up the 3 balls really helps, no homo.

od2055.jpg

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulda got the 2-ball White Hot! I've had it for 3 years now and can honestly say it has improved my putting game immensely. Something about lining up the 3 balls really helps, no homo.

View attachment 70627

It was a Christmas present so I really didn't chose it. I had no idea I was getting it.

3 balls in a row sounds good to me... haha and not "in that way" either

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I don't have much control on distance when I use mallet putters. I used to have one then switched back to a blade and it was night and day.

This is what I have now:
metal-x_8_large.jpg

I have the metal-x 8, had it cut down an inch or two, and slapped a Winn fat grip on it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have that putter and I'm killin it. Tee to green, not so much....
Love that putter. I put one of those fat grips on it and I can honestly say that I will never buy another putter.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 70627

Those were nice, and I was tempted...I have an old, (stop, it's only about 5 yrs old)...Odessey Mallet style putter that I still like, but I have been tinkering with this putter on lunch break when I run over to Golfsmith.

Odyssey Tank Versa Putter

The weight/balance is better than my putter.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were nice, and I was tempted...I have an old, (stop, it's only about 5 yrs old)...Odessey Mallet style putter that I still like, but I have been tinkering with this putter on lunch break when I run over to Golfsmith.

Odyssey Tank Versa Putter

The weight/balance is better than my putter.
Looks nice! I prefer the heavier putters. Have you ever tried a jumbo/fat grip?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks nice! I prefer the heavier putters. Have you ever tried a jumbo/fat grip?
Yep...they have everything over there, and it's 10 mins from the office.

I get it...meaning the concept I guess of taking the hands out of it. I still like the standard size grip but I do fart around with them when I'm in there.

I really want to upgrade my 2H but the Titleist 3H I want to buy is just more than I feel like paying for a club I'm only going to pull once maybe twice a round.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it...meaning the concept I guess of taking the hands out of it. I still like the standard size grip but I do fart around with them when I'm in there.

I really want to upgrade my 2H but the Titleist 3H I want to buy is just more than I feel like paying for a club I'm only going to pull once maybe twice a round.
I love the jumbo grip. Something about it makes everything easier for me. I always joke about it takin me back to my baseball days.

I hear ya on upgrades. I think the only club I have ever felt the need to upgrade was my driver. I've gone through quite a few: Callaway (can't remember which one), Taylor Made Burner, Nike Square, Titleist D1, TaylorMade R11, and what I currently have is the RBZ.

But irons... Only had 3 sets my entire life.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 70627

I have a hard time looking down at a putter that large, it's like looking at a driver. Don't ask why it bothers me, it just does. I can't have a white head on my driver either.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel like the round grips still leave the wrists in play a little bit which is why I like my Winn fat grip. It's flat in the front and curved around the back side of the grip.

Have you tried out any Adams hybrids? I bought an older model on sale last year and love it.
I have a hard time looking down at a putter that large, it's like looking at a driver. Don't ask why it bothers me, it just does. I can't have a white head on my driver either.
I have some white on my driver and it doesn't bother me at all. A lot of people comment about how they'd hate to have it when I golf with them too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the round grips still leave the wrists in play a little bit which is why I like my Winn fat grip. It's flat in the front and curved around the back side of the grip.

Have you tried out any Adams hybrids? I bought an older model on sale last year and love it. .

My putter grip is flat on the front as well...so far I've really been okay with my putter/grip, but always play around with them...will have to give the fat grip another test run the next time I'm in there...the Tank is probably going near or under $100 soon and I will move on it then...it's really funny how a $230 putter can sell for under a $100 a year or so after the new one comes out.

Adams...yes. I really was in the market last fall and the Adams that I liked were not in the degree I'm looking for, then I just kind of tabled it and here we are a yr later.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the jumbo grip. Something about it makes everything easier for me. I always joke about it takin me back to my baseball days.

I hear ya on upgrades. I think the only club I have ever felt the need to upgrade was my driver. I've gone through quite a few: Callaway (can't remember which one), Taylor Made Burner, Nike Square, Titleist D1, TaylorMade R11, and what I currently have is the RBZ.

But irons... Only had 3 sets my entire life.

Upgrades...idk if I would even call it an upgrade...more like closing a gap. The 2H is a lower/hotter ball flight...and pretty close to my 3w in distance...my longest iron is a 5 now...4h/2h/3w/driver

The main course we play has a 5 par 3 holes, 1 short iron, 2 mid iron and 2 that require a 200 to 210 yd poke to the middle of the green. One is fairly level and plays true to the yardage and the other one plays uphill about 15' or so and plays longer than yardage. My 4h is not long enough and the 2H is too low/long...in the store simulator with side by side hits the Titleist 3H flies about 200 yds vs about 215-220 with the 2h, but much higher shot. If that translates to the course...who knows? Maybe I get more shot to break 80...or 90...lol.

As it stands now, unless we're into a head wind, I play my 4h and scramble from short of the green if I don't make it...some days I make 3, most days I make 4, but rarely do I hit the green and hold it. There is a short par 5 I can get to with less than 3W...those are the only times I pull

These TM irons are two yrs old now, but only the 2nd set....if I get another set of irons, most likely I'll be ready for a hybrid set with maybe a 9 iron and a wedge or two!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went from the R11 to the RBZ driver... Both are all white on the top of the head. Doesn't bother me at all.

But I have a lot of buddies that say the same thing about the putter. The smaller & lighter the head, the better off they are. I'm the opposite.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgrades...idk if I would even call it an upgrade...more like closing a gap. The 2H is a lower/hotter ball flight...and pretty close to my 3w in distance...my longest iron is a 5 now...4h/2h/3w/driver

The main course we play has a 5 par 3 holes, 1 short iron, 2 mid iron and 2 that require a 200 to 210 yd poke to the middle of the green. One is fairly level and plays true to the yardage and the other one plays uphill about 15' or so and plays longer than yardage. My 4h is not long enough and the 2H is too low/long...in the store simulator with side by side hits the Titleist 3H flies about 200 yds vs about 215-220 with the 2h, but much higher shot. If that translates to the course...who knows? Maybe I get more shot to break 80...or 90...lol.

As it stands now, unless we're into a head wind, I play my 4h and scramble from short of the green if I don't make it...some days I make 3, most days I make 4, but rarely do I hit the green and hold it. There is a short par 5 I can get to with less than 3W...those are the only times I pull

These TM irons are two yrs old now, but only the 2nd set....if I get another set of irons, most likely I'll be ready for a hybrid set with maybe a 9 iron and a wedge or two!
Gotta love those 200+yd par 3's! Absolutely hate when they play long/uphill. If the weather plays nice I can usually reach it with a 5, aggressively. If it plays true & flat then I always go with the 6. Let it land soft in the heart of the green.

Towards the end of last season I was rarely using my driver. Mainly because I was beasting my 3w with great consistency. And I was getting the same distance, if not outdriving most of my friends off the tee. 300-320yds depending on the hole. My irons are my strongest part of my golf game. If my driver isn't cooperating I have no problem playing the short ball to the 150-200yd markers and hitting another iron in. One part of my game that I need to practice is hitting the woods off the deck. Happens probably only once or twice a round, but still would be nice to have more confidence in pulling it out of my bag.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love those 200+yd par 3's! Absolutely hate when they play long/uphill. If the weather plays nice I can usually reach it with a 5, aggressively. If it plays true & flat then I always go with the 6. Let it land soft in the heart of the green.

Towards the end of last season I was rarely using my driver. Mainly because I was beasting my 3w with great consistency. And I was getting the same distance, if not outdriving most of my friends off the tee. 300-320yds depending on the hole. My irons are my strongest part of my golf game. If my driver isn't cooperating I have no problem playing the short ball to the 150-200yd markers and hitting another iron in. One part of my game that I need to practice is hitting the woods off the deck. Happens probably only once or twice a round, but still would be nice to have more confidence in pulling it out of my bag.

One reason I have been giving this club more thought is I'm considering this "players club" type membership...it's a residential not really a great layout track, but the conditions are always pretty good and the new greens have made it a serious course regardless of index. Plus it's close to the house and for $30 a mo. you pay $16 cart fee for 18 after 1 in season and after 12 offseason, two buckets of balls daily and 5 free group lessons. Some other stuff, advance tee times, etc.

In short, I might be playing there a lot more this year if I decide to do this players club so getting the bag to fit this track has been on my mind. Some pretty good players up th

So...it's nice to have your length!

Will a nice controlled swing, my 5i flies about 185 max.

My driver is probably the most consistent club in the bag after the putter. My wedge play is iffy, some rounds I'm within 20' with every one, other rounds I could miss the green with every one. My iron play is only consistent in one area...90% of the time I get the ball around the green in reg...but GIR...hit and miss, short game, is not bad, but I put too much pressure on it to be a regular 70s player...gotta hit more GIR.

Woods off the deck...I only carry FW metal...3w, I hit it off the deck fine. One thing that screws pretty decent players up with FW off the deck...they think sweep and try to shallow out...I have pretty much the same swing as the iron...I take a bit of turf with the 3w with my best contact.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One reason I have been giving this club more thought is I'm considering this "players club" type membership...it's a residential not really a great layout track, but the conditions are always pretty good and the new greens have made it a serious course regardless of index. Plus it's close to the house and for $30 a mo. you pay $16 cart fee for 18 after 1 in season and after 12 offseason, two buckets of balls daily and 5 free group lessons. Some other stuff, advance tee times, etc.

In short, I might be playing there a lot more this year if I decide to do this players club so getting the bag to fit this track has been on my mind. Some pretty good players up th

So...it's nice to have your length!

Will a nice controlled swing, my 5i flies about 185 max.

My driver is probably the most consistent club in the bag after the putter. My wedge play is iffy, some rounds I'm within 20' with every one, other rounds I could miss the green with every one. My iron play is only consistent in one area...90% of the time I get the ball around the green in reg...but GIR...hit and miss, short game, is not bad, but I put too much pressure on it to be a regular 70s player...gotta hit more GIR.

Woods off the deck...I only carry FW metal...3w, I hit it off the deck fine. One thing that screws pretty decent players up with FW off the deck...they think sweep and try to shallow out...I have pretty much the same swing as the iron...I take a bit of turf with the 3w with my best contact.
I've never really had problems with GIR. My recovery game is pretty damn good. If I can get off the tee with FIR then I'm hitting the GIR 90% of the time. Love my iron game. Wish I had your driver consistency!

My short game is where I need the most work. 2 puts are almost a guarantee these last few years, which isn't that big of a problem... But when I consider how I'm hitting GIR 75-80% or above, its a tough pill to swallow. I usually shoot around 80-85. If I want to get my game in the 70's I have to capitalize on those shots. Chipping isn't much better. I have the biggest problem with landing soft with my chips. I find myself purposely aiming 10' shorter than I need to just because I don't trust myself. I vary my chips with my PW & 56deg LW. Primarily using the PW because I can control it better. I use the LW on more difficult lies. That's the hurdle that I've been dealing with...