• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Hot Odyssey Putter

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never really had problems with GIR. My recovery game is pretty damn good. If I can get off the tee with FIR then I'm hitting the GIR 90% of the time. Love my iron game. Wish I had your driver consistency!

My short game is where I need the most work. 2 puts are almost a guarantee these last few years, which isn't that big of a problem... But when I consider how I'm hitting GIR 75-80% or above, its a tough pill to swallow. I usually shoot around 80-85. If I want to get my game in the 70's I have to capitalize on those shots. Chipping isn't much better. I have the biggest problem with landing soft with my chips. I find myself purposely aiming 10' shorter than I need to just because I don't trust myself. I vary my chips with my PW & 56deg LW. Primarily using the PW because I can control it better. I use the LW on more difficult lies. That's the hurdle that I've been dealing with...

Last year I would've needed a stroke a side maybe...I think I was around 42 rds total, mostly mid 80s with several 87-90, a few 93s, and 3 sub 83, only 1 sub 80 rd, after shooting ...4 rds 77, 78, 79, 78 consecutive in '14, all different courses...I thought I was on my way to being a 70s player...index was 8.9...lowest ever for me...took a little break during a rough winter and '15 was a struggle...index currently at 12.3 since those 70s have all rolled off the calculation.

I play the Titleist 913 D2 9.5 deg driver...I demoed it in neutral setting so I've left it alone...ss is around 103 avg and consistently 270 to 285 with it...300+ maybe once or twice a round...I don't always keep it on the short grass, but I normally can advance it up around the green. Not losing many strokes off the tee at my favorite course especially...has hazards, trees, etc, but you can play there with 1 ball and fail to break 90...true championship layout.

I don't play the driver near as much at the track I'm considering the players club thing....much tighter, more white stakes...13 driving holes there, may hit driver 6 or 7 times

For big hitters like yourself, if you're missing it left and right...I hear these fitting sessions are worth it with these adjustable drivers...If you miss mostly to one side...join the club...but if I could hit 3w like you and Stenson, I probably wouldn't carry a driver...lol

RH player, my miss is still to the left and I'll occasionally push one right when I fear the left side (h20, etc) but I've yet to go in for a fitting.

GIR...a good day is 12-14, these are my sub 80 rds, a bad day...5 or 6....avg is about 8 so I'm scrambling half the round on average...this offseason I may take a lesson on irons, but slower tempo is something I'm going to try to work on at the range first...tend to rush, come OTT and pull left with irons when I miss.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I would've needed a stroke a side maybe...I think I was around 42 rds total, mostly mid 80s with several 87-90, a few 93s, and 3 sub 83, only 1 sub 80 rd, after shooting ...4 rds 77, 78, 79, 78 consecutive in '14, all different courses...I thought I was on my way to being a 70s player...index was 8.9...lowest ever for me...took a little break during a rough winter and '15 was a struggle...index currently at 12.3 since those 70s have all rolled off the calculation.

I play the Titleist 913 D2 9.5 deg driver...I demoed it in neutral setting so I've left it alone...ss is around 103 avg and consistently 270 to 285 with it...300+ maybe once or twice a round...I don't always keep it on the short grass, but I normally can advance it up around the green. Not losing many strokes off the tee at my favorite course especially...has hazards, trees, etc, but you can play there with 1 ball and fail to break 90...true championship layout.

I don't play the driver near as much at the track I'm considering the players club thing....much tighter, more white stakes...13 driving holes there, may hit driver 6 or 7 times

For big hitters like yourself, if you're missing it left and right...I hear these fitting sessions are worth it with these adjustable drivers...If you miss mostly to one side...join the club...but if I could hit 3w like you and Stenson, I probably wouldn't carry a driver...lol

RH player, my miss is still to the left and I'll occasionally push one right when I fear the left side (h20, etc) but I've yet to go in for a fitting.

GIR...a good day is 12-14, these are my sub 80 rds, a bad day...5 or 6....avg is about 8 so I'm scrambling half the round on average...this offseason I may take a lesson on irons, but slower tempo is something I'm going to try to work on at the range first...tend to rush, come OTT and pull left with irons when I miss.
I've got multiple problems with my swing that need sorted out before I try anything with fitting sessions. Lets just say that my old baseball days do me no favors lol.

Well its official! I'm nested in the NW now. Took the last few weeks to get it all done. Still have lots to do, but at least we have a bed to sleep on! Now if I could just get used to this rain... Should make golfing a bit more challenging!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got multiple problems with my swing that need sorted out before I try anything with fitting sessions. Lets just say that my old baseball days do me no favors lol.

Well its official! I'm nested in the NW now. Took the last few weeks to get it all done. Still have lots to do, but at least we have a bed to sleep on! Now if I could just get used to this rain... Should make golfing a bit more challenging!

Congrats!!!...that means you better not be seeing this reply now...330 out there...I thought something might be up...hadn't seen you in a few days. I'm sure you guys have lot of sorting out to do...we bought a new house last Feb, moved only two miles and we still have a few boxes yet to deal with a year later.

Yeah...well the beauty of those driver fittings...you can always tinker with it as you work out the inks in the swing, but we all have some warts there...geeze Spieth looked awful yesterday...missing left and right.