• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whiskey fans...what are you hearing...

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....coming out of your camp/scrimmages? The good stuff and the bad stuff...

From LSU's camp:

LSU is not naming a QB before the game, but I would bet a paycheck that the soph Jennings gets the start just based on the little bit of experience he has. From what I hear, the true freshman Harris has a gun of an arm with some problems in accuracy. He's more mobile than Jennings as well, but has never taken a snap at this level of course.

Leonard Fournette appears to be the real deal as a RB and should see some touches in this game, but Magee and Hilliard will have the majority of the snaps. Our O-line should be stout as frick this year, so I'm sure we will see the run game early and often to take the heat off the young QB with some dump passes out to the flats.

WR is a big question mark exacerbated by the young QB's. I have no idea what this part of LSU's game will look like.

On defense, we are strong at safety, CB's and OLB's. Out DT's are young but deep and our MLB sucks butt. Is Gordon an up the middle RB or does he run the edges or both? I think he will have a good degree of success running up the middle. Edges, not so much.

Quid pro quo. What you got?

I would have posted this on your team board, but it doesn't look very active.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go BADGERSSSSSSSS!!!!

TigerBait1971

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fball_Illinois_bucky126008.JPG

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Stave is winning the QB battle, which is saying something because the general thought was that McEvoy was the better fit stylistically for Gary Andersen's offense. Stave has a big arm, but struggled in the past with overthrowing open receivers. He's apparently worked on it a lot this offseason and has improved a lot. I don't think he's thrown any picks at all in scrimmages, and has had days where he is completing almost all his passes.

- Gordon hasn't been doing much in the offseason. The staff hasn't used him a lot in scrimmages because they know what they have. When he has played, the feedback has been good, and he looks even more ripped than in the past. His specialty has always been running in space. He can run around a 4.45 40, and when going at full speed, he has nearly complete agility. I wouldn't say he's only an outside runner, but that's where he is best. When inside, he is great at finding holes and using his agility to get through them. Where he struggles is when the O-Line gets pushed back.

- His backup, Corey Clement, is much more of the traditional pile-pushing Wisconsin back. He's on a lot of lists to have a breakout season, and should probably get about 12 carries per game (to Gordon's 22 or so).

- WRs are a huge question mark. Kenzel Doe, Jordan Frederick, and Alex Erickson are all experienced but unspectacular players. Sophomores Rob Wheelwright and Reggie Love are true contenders to start, and a lot of people think Wheelwright's size and speed make him the likely #1 WR. They also brought in a solid group of Freshman receivers. Natrell Jamerson may be the fastest player on the team, but George Rushing and Krenwick Sanders have each been pretty excellent. All in all, this group has a lot more "okay" players than expected, but it's tough to see a true #1. They will probably struggle.

- The first string O-Line is stacked. Like, they should be the be the best line in the country. The second-string has looked iffy, particularly on the outside. Health is key here.

- Who knows with our defense? They'll play the 3-4, but only return one starter in the Front 7. There are some decent linebackers. Vince Biegel has shown he is a great pass rusher. Michael Trotter has speed issues, but an wrap up almost anyone who he touches. Alec James and Chikwe Obasih dominated the Scout team last year and should get playing time at OLB and DE, respectively. It's just that none of them are proven. And on the whole, the front seven is weak on pass coverage.

- The secondary is good. Caputo and Shelton are All-Conference type of guys. Hillary and Jean are both capable at that second CB spot. The only real question is the other safety slot, but Tanner McEvoy (the guy battling for QB) proved he could play decently, and that's a worst case scenario. Ideally, an AJ Jordan or Leo Musso steps it up.

- Our punter was great last year. The kicking was a disaster, but we have a Freshman who grew up in Brazil who by all indications is incredible. He's 10 for 11 on public scrimmages and easily drilled a 55 yarder. And supposedly, he's hit multiple 60 yarders in practice.

Depending on the Front Seven and the WRs, we could be really, really good. Our rushing attack should be second to none. It's just up to the inexperienced guys to step it up. I think we are looking better and better as the game approaches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is going to set football back 20 years. Both teams have excellent OLs and questionable QBs. This one could be played in phone booth. Both teams are just going to line up and run the ball. Whoever can hold up in the middle will win. I really dont think there is much to game plan.

TigerBait1971

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Smart.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is going to set football back 20 years. Both teams have excellent OLs and questionable QBs. This one could be played in phone booth. Both teams are just going to line up and run the ball. Whoever can hold up in the middle will win. I really dont think there is much to game plan.

Then I DEFINITELY want to watch this...

TigerBait1971

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still upset this isn't a Home-Home series.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neutral locations are usually pretty lame but I love that they will be playing in Lambeau in a couple years.

TigerBait1971

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's up Boco?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bring some PAC officials and you'll do fine swamptiggers.