• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fans…Drive Me Crazy

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand fans.

I don’t love going to Mike High Stadium- or whatever it’s called - for games anymore because all fans do is bitch about the players, coaches, play calling, price of beer, etc. If you hate it so much, why go and make it miserable for everyone else? (I do enjoy tailgating with DC, CEH, and their families though)

Today we hire a new coach. So I venture over to Mile High Report to see what die hard fans are saying. There was just a poll a couple days ago and Hackett was the favored choice by about 80% of the fans. I start reading thinking folks are going to be really pleased. But nope. Probably about 80% of posts are what a terrible hire this is and how they hope he wasn’t just hired hoping Rodgers would come with him.

Is it easier to just always be negative in life? Help me out here!

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand where they’re coming from. Hackett wasn’t exactly my favorite option and the more you look at his resume, the less exciting he looks.

I’ve made mention that any OC looks good when their game plan is “let a HOF QB run my offense.” Then you see what other QBs he’s worked with and you realize none of them got any better being under the tutelage of Hackett.

So you see that and you have to wonder where Paton is coming from in making the choice. Either the plan is to mortgage a lot of future picks to get Rodgers, which isn’t an exciting prospect given Rodgers’ age and penchant for causing drama, or Paton hired Hackett because he truly believes he can be the man that turns around our offense, something Hackett has yet to do when he doesn’t have a HOF QB

There are certainly things to be wary about regarding Hackett as a HC. Of course fan judgements mean absolutely nothing. Either Hackett can Hack It or he can’t. So let those that wish to moan and complain have their time. Paton knows better than they do, and that’s why he’s paid to make these decisions.

Reactions: LGM

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I complain because I have high expectations. NFL referees are human, but its comical how bad things have become. After 10 years officiating, including major college games, they still have to get noticed and recruited by the NFL. Then supposedly months and months of training, only to miss call after call. As I get older I seem to find fewer shades of gray, and more and more black and white.

And its shocking this year how many poor decisions coaches are making with the game on the line, more than other years I remember. Maybe its no different and I just watched more football this year. But honestly if this is the product, I'm not going to be as interested in the future, or spending time thinking about it.

At this stage of my life I'm more interested in traveling, being with family, and setting up my retirement. Watching CNBC seems to be more my speed lately.

Fans are fans. They'll come around when they win, and get mad when they lose. Thats people, and that doesn't change.

And ftr, if you or anyone else is tired of my complaining, just say so. I'm a big boy, I can keep it to myself.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all complain. But once it becomes negativity all the time - why bother becoming miserable? It’s why I despise politics, it’s 100% negativity.

iMO, LGM, your attitude about focusing on what is important to you is healthy.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why bother becoming miserable?

Broncos fans have been living in misery since 18 retired. Unfortunately it’s habit forming.

Best of luck to coach Hackett and the Broncos team he builds. Hopefully it’s much better than what we’ve seen over the past few years.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hatchett was my 2nd choice at the End. I wanted O'Connell last week but I'm happy with this hire. Let the AR to Denver ramp up. LET'S GO. We had the worst O ever be nice to get it going again. No idea how this goes but, love the new energy coming to Dove Valley.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand fans.

I don’t love going to Mike High Stadium- or whatever it’s called - for games anymore because all fans do is bitch about the players, coaches, play calling, price of beer, etc. If you hate it so much, why go and make it miserable for everyone else? (I do enjoy tailgating with DC, CEH, and their families though)

Today we hire a new coach. So I venture over to Mile High Report to see what die hard fans are saying. There was just a poll a couple days ago and Hackett was the favored choice by about 80% of the fans. I start reading thinking folks are going to be really pleased. But nope. Probably about 80% of posts are what a terrible hire this is and how they hope he wasn’t just hired hoping Rodgers would come with him.

Is it easier to just always be negative in life? Help me out here!
I blame MSM and social media for this rise in COMPLAINING and ONE SIDED COMPLAINING. I'm a king complainer myself but, if I could go to a game I wouldn't ruin it for others by complaining. The shift in votes was Packers lost and AR bulks the 22 narrative so the herd follows. I really wanted an O minded HC with energy we got him I can't predict the results but, love that Paton isn't afraid to hire a 1st time HC you never know if you'll hit gold. Curious who his OC and DC will be.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame MSM and social media for this rise in COMPLAINING and ONE SIDED COMPLAINING. I'm a king complainer myself but, if I could go to a game I wouldn't ruin it for others by complaining. The shift in votes was Packers lost and AR bulks the 22 narrative so the herd follows. I really wanted an O minded HC with energy we got him I can't predict the results but, love that Paton isn't afraid to hire a 1st time HC you never know if you'll hit gold. Curious who his OC and DC will be.
Excellent post, son!

Trust you are doing well, Paul. Winter stinks, but it won’t be here forever.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all complain. But once it becomes negativity all the time - why bother becoming miserable? It’s why I despise politics, it’s 100% negativity.

Thanks George. Its a recent development. Lol

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF AR came here, and IF he won a SB, wouldn't he be the 2nd or 3rd qb to do that on 2 different teams? And wouldn't Denver be the only team to have 2 qbs do that?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all complain, true, but not all of us start threads about it. :heh::lol::trash::suds:

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that I feel is imperative to remaining healthy and getting out of this world alive is maintaining a sense of humor, and with that, a sense of humanity will follow ...

One of the most important things in life is being able to take tragedy and misfortune and figure out how to find the positive in it .. You learn to take the bad and someday "thank" it, you will have a much healthier and positive outlook overall

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people who have nothing positive to say, esp in regards to a football team, they are not happy people in general - they are simply transferring their frustrations in life to a situation that is easy for them to point blame to - "it's THEIR fault, not mine" - as long as someone else is to blame, and the persecution continues, they will forever be the victim, which will obviously create a negative, complaint-filled life

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent post, son!

Trust you are doing well, Paul. Winter stinks, but it won’t be here forever.
Seems weird to post this on this thread but, everything is good here. This winter has been fine but, I always like it when its light out in the evening. Hope all is good with you too dad.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - let's face it - when a franchise goes from magically winning most close games - to magically losing most close games there is much to complain about. But this trend in nationwide and full spectrum - even National Politics is defined by grievance.

I am jazzed about the change though - this will lead to a better Denver Broncos team - I'm sure of it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complaining is contagious. I think many fans see others complaining and the think they have to fit in. I think complaining and not being happy with what your team is doing or how your team is doing is a way many hide being unknowledgeable.

I saw a Chiefs post after the Bengals game this year where people were calling for Chad Henne over Patrick Mahomes. The problem with today's game is social media, IMO.. You look on facebook with all of the sports articles and opinions posted. Anyone has easy access to comment, write their own article where a large audience can now view it. I think people try to look smarter by complaining/whining and all it does is expose their lack of knowledge.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complaining is contagious. I think many fans see others complaining and the think they have to fit in. I think complaining and not being happy with what your team is doing or how your team is doing is a way many hide being unknowledgeable.

I saw a Chiefs post after the Bengals game this year where people were calling for Chad Henne over Patrick Mahomes. The problem with today's game is social media, IMO.. You look on facebook with all of the sports articles and opinions posted. Anyone has easy access to comment, write their own article where a large audience can now view it. I think people try to look smarter by complaining/whining and all it does is expose their lack of knowledge.
On the other hand, it could be the knowledgeable fan that is doing the complaining. Certainly, that could’ve been the case in Denver over the last five or six years.

But I get your point regarding social media.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, it could be the knowledgeable fan that is doing the complaining. Certainly, that could’ve been the case in Denver over the last five or six years.

But I get your point regarding social media.

I didn't mean knowledgeable fans don't complain. But go look at how many dumb things people say in these groups on FB and under NFL Memes and that sort of things. You can tell the difference between reason to complain and people who complain to complain who are clueless. Sports is very debatable, there is no doubt about that but you can tell when people are clueless.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you are missing the main point.

What I can't stand are fans who think they know everything. When I clearly understand that I'm the one who knows it all!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Were you talking about me at the end there? ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want it inserted into the forum's record that my first response to @SpringStein's subject was to say: "No, you drive fans crazy!"

If this forum was run like congress. :)