• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Team Won The Big 4-Team Trade?

Which Team Won This Trade?

• Houston Rockets

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Brooklyn Nets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen isn’t anything special
Tlance: Allen is a role player. Wood looks like a fringe all star type.

Tlance: As soon as he landed in Cleveland, Allen went from averagish staring center to budding all star and “going to be better than Harden in 3 years”.

Tlance: Except we all know he wouldn’t have said it if Allen were traded to Portland. And for him to be the best player in the deal, he also has to be better than Oladipo and LeVert in a league where wings and guards are king. Unlikely doesn’t ...

@tlance - less than a year later- with some time to judge the trade-- would you still call Allen "nothing special, and "a role player" or closer to a "budding all star"?

I think I was correct- and that Allen had the talent to be a budding all star. It was clear from his stats and minutes played in Brooklyn. His defense, and efficiency were apparent at that point- especially at his super young age. That is why I said it.

I think that its pretty clear who was right.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Allen is we don’t know how good he can be...so to say he isn’t anything special means you are predicting the future. Still very young. He has great numbers on limited minutes. He has improved his post game already.

15 and 14 shooting 67% from the field ain’t bad especially if you sign him long-term on a good deal.

Honestly, he could be a perfect fit with the Cavs bc he doesn’t need the ball in his hands and the Cavs have stretch 4’s that are floor spacers.
I think I hit this on the money…at least going by what we’ve seen 1 1/3 seasons in

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I hit this on the money…at least going by what we’ve seen 1 1/3 seasons in
great defender - defend's the rim at a high level, and can jump out to the perimeter and guard since he is very athletic

extremely efficient offensively- knows his game and himself. 70% from the field is insane

great teammate- i think all the attention that Mobley gets that Allen could get a little miffed since Allen has been better- hands down- but he hasnt- he has been Mobley's biggest supporter.

he is a smart player.

Even in Brooklyn- whenever he played he produced at a high level- even as a 21-22 year old.

it shouldnt surprise anyone that as he continues to develop- as he got a bigger role- that he has started showing fringe all star ability and has become a team leader.

at this point- i dont think anyone would be shocked if he became an all star in his FIRST season as a full time starter at the age of 24.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a big man without a ton of ball skills in a league dominated by perimeter players.

He is a good solid player. But unlikely to be a star player. Upside is an above average starter.

That is valuable, but if you are looking at paying him 15-20 million, those contracts don’t normally end up being bargains.

Tlance: As soon as he landed in Cleveland, Allen went from averagish staring center to budding all star and “going to be better than Harden in 3 years”.

Tlance: Except we all know he wouldn’t have said it if Allen were traded to Portland. And for him to be the best player in the deal, he also has to be better than Oladipo and LeVert in a league where wings and guards are king. Unlikely doesn’t ...

@tlance - less than a year later- with some time to judge the trade-- would you still call Allen "nothing special, and "a role player" or closer to a "budding all star"?

I think I was correct- and that Allen had the talent to be a budding all star. It was clear from his stats and minutes played in Brooklyn. His defense, and efficiency were apparent at that point- especially at his super young age. That is why I said it.

I don’t think what he said her is wrong

Is a capela or nurkic a star?

He’s not an embiid, jokic

He’s an above average starter due to his defense and efficiency.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you on drugs?

Post my full quote on Allen. You won’t.

Just want to take a small piece out of context.

But ignore where I said Cleveland was a clear winner in this deal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allen is 23. What he is doing now is better than anything Nurkic has ever done- in his first full year as a starter

at age 21- for Brooklyn, he was playing 26 minutes a game, getting 11 points, 10 boards, 1.6 assists, 1.5 blocks game.

shouldnt surprise anyone with a couple more years of development and starters minutes that he is at 17, 11, one of the best defensive bigs out there, and a team leader.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you on drugs?

of course they were a winner- even if they got a "role player" for a late first round pick they are a winner

but just wondering if you still think Allen is "nothing special"- and a "role player".--- or is he closer to a making an all star team?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn’t say he is in either tier. He isn’t capela or Nurkic but he isnt elite. He is a borderline AS type of player but he does have post game and great footwork. He is a better all-around player than those two but nobody every said he would be a star like Embiid or Jokic

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course they were a winner- even if they got a "role player" for a late first round pick they are a winner

but just wondering if you still think Allen is "nothing special"- and a "role player".--- or is he closer to a making an all star team?

Do the Cavs run their offense through him or does he catch lobs and drop offs?

Is he closer to Clint Capella?

Or Jokic, Townes and Embiid?

He is very good. Better than I thought for sure. Definitely seems well worth his contract.

But whether or not he makes an all star team proves nothing. In a league where big men are at an all time low in terms of value, I am not sure what that proves.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

How sad must someones life be that they have to dig up year old threads to try to win some internet debate....only to find out they still lost.
i guess I dont think JArrett allen is a "role player" and "nothing special". Call me wrong then. No hair off my ass. I think what we see on the court every night shows a very very clear picture of reality.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is very good. Better than I thought for sure. Definitely seems well worth his contract.

But whether or not he makes an all star team proves nothing. In a league where big men are at an all time low in terms of value, I am not sure what that proves.
Jokic and Embiid are MVP level players. OF course Allen isnt an MVP level player

but I think he is a lot closer to a budding all star then "a role player" that is "nothing special". What do you think less than a year later? possible budding all star? or "role player" that is "nothing special"?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess I dont think JArrett allen is a "role player" and "nothing special". Call me wrong then. No hair off my ass. I think what we see on the court every night shows a very very clear picture of reality.

He isn’t special.

Special is Jokic.

Jarrett Allen is very good.

But congrats on showing your ass while over analyzing a small piece of a post while failing to “get me”

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic and Embiid are MVP level players. OF course Allen isnt an MVP level player

but I think he is a lot closer to a budding all star then "a role player" that is "nothing special".

So…

You are saying he isn’t special then?

Glad we agree.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both. They absolutely run their offense through him.

He isn’t anything like Capela. He has post game and great footwork.

He isn’t elite.

He doesn’t have to be like Capela or Embiid. He is in a tier between the two.

With Bam out he has been the 2nd best center in the East. Borderline AS type of player. He deserves to be a backup center in the East so far.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hes an above average starter which is basically what tlance said that you chose to leave out.

I think digging up year old threads trying to win internet debates and still losing also shows a very, very clear picture of reality.

But not a very pretty one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but I think he is a lot closer to a budding all star then "a role player" that is "nothing special". What do you think less than a year later? possible budding all star? or "role player" that is "nothing special"?

lol

So an above average starter then.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So…

You are saying he isn’t special then?

Glad we agree.
you have to be an MVP level player to be "special"? lol. is that what you are saying?

I just dont think he is a "role player" that is "nothing special".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you on drugs?

You actually may have given him a little more love than I did. I said he is a solid young core piece. From what we have seen, he is more than just solid.